Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Mr. Robot.

How have I not discovered this until now?

And I agree about Stranger Things. Just made it to the finale of season 4. That show is 🔥

One of my favorite shows of the last 20 years, Malek is brilliant in it.

I'm on the 5th episode of season 1. It's highly addicting.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mr. Robot.

And I agree about Stranger Things. Just made it to the finale of season 4. That show is 🔥

Be sure to post some updates as you get closer to the end. I'm eager to hear what you think about the big twists and developments throughout.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Robot Chicken Star Wars special
    Pretty funny
    Blade Runner: Black Lotus
    Animated show, set between the films (2032) without any real strong connections. Pretty good.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Mr. Robot.

Be sure to post some updates as you get closer to the end. I'm eager to hear what you think about the big twists and developments throughout.

@Creasy47 I just finished it. Wow that show was insane. Easily one of the best shows I've ever watched. There were parts of Season 2 that were a slog to get through but it all paid off in the end. The final season, especially since it takes place over the course of a few days and most of it taking place over a two day span at Christmas was some of the most intense watching in any form for me. I'm seriously going to rewatch it again shortly.
    Mr. Robot.

@Creasy47 I just finished it. Wow that show was insane. Easily one of the best shows I've ever watched. There were parts of Season 2 that were a slog to get through but it all paid off in the end. The final season, especially since it takes place over the course of a few days and most of it taking place over a two day span at Christmas was some of the most intense watching in any form for me. I'm seriously going to rewatch it again shortly.

I'm so glad you loved it! I felt the exact same way. And yes, a couple of bits in that second season that slow down, especially after such a rousing first season, but it all pays off in the end with some incredible twists and a really, really good resolution.

I've been dying to rewatch it since it aired and my girlfriend seems more and more interested in it. I'm hoping to get her to start it up with me soon. It's been so long since I saw those earlier seasons so I'm sure I'll have some good surprises in store for me.
    Mr. Robot.

I'm so glad you loved it! I felt the exact same way. And yes, a couple of bits in that second season that slow down, especially after such a rousing first season, but it all pays off in the end with some incredible twists and a really, really good resolution.

I've been dying to rewatch it since it aired and my girlfriend seems more and more interested in it. I'm hoping to get her to start it up with me soon. It's been so long since I saw those earlier seasons so I'm sure I'll have some good surprises in store for me.

At first the final few episodes were confusing and I was left pondering while watching where they were going with it especially after
    Whiterose kills herself and Elliot apparently stops the machine. Then we're tranported to the alternative reality where Elliot and everything is happier with an odd sort of Back to the Future setting. Only to find out at the end that was actually the real Elliot hiding within the Masterminds alternate personality to keep him at bay until it was time. The whole ending that we're not even seeing the real Elliot throughout the whole show was insane.
    Mr. Robot.

At first the final few episodes were confusing and I was left pondering while watching where they were going with it especially after
    Whiterose kills herself and Elliot apparently stops the machine. Then we're tranported to the alternative reality where Elliot and everything is happier with an odd sort of Back to the Future setting. Only to find out at the end that was actually the real Elliot hiding within the Masterminds alternate personality to keep him at bay until it was time. The whole ending that we're not even seeing the real Elliot throughout the whole show was insane.

Isn't that just one of the most gut-punch and revelatory twist endings you've ever seen? It paints the entire series in a whole new light and makes a rewatch all the more worth it. I can't wait.
    The Guardians of Justice
    I love this DC pastiche.
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 1,637
    Fresh Prince , classic sitcom.....Carlton almost died due to pills that Will gave him , one of the most serious scenes on that show. I want to see the 2 shows Walken is doing these days.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Tracy, still my favorite show of that format. Watched it constantly as a kid, and was always impressed with how much it could pull at your heartstrings while being a show meant primarily for comedy. I also think of the episode where Will and Carlton get jumped, Will gets shot and Carlton buys a guy to protect himself, which causes a lot of drama between them. And what I think is the best scene of the whole series, where Will's father comes back into his life only to abandon him again, and Uncle Phil and he share an emotional father/son moment to close out that episode. The actors were so insanely good, and sold the emotion of all those moments where the show went in more dramatic directions. They just don't make them like that anymore.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 13,879
    Severance (2022)

Just wrapped up the first season. Really good show, with great performances all around. It's a slow-burner, but there's more than enough intrigue to get you through. In fact, I ended up binge watching half of it. Interesting concept of what it might be like if you could separate your working life from your personal life, with both selves having no memory of the other's experiences. Stars Adam Scott, John Turturro, Patricia Arquette, Christopher Walken, Dichen Lachman. Several episodes directed by Ben Stiller. 5/5

MV5BNmY5NzE2NjMtMjNjMy00ODk3LTllYzgtZWNjMDhhNGNlYzA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_.jpg
    (above) Walken the labyrinthine halls of Lumon Industries.
    HAPPY VALLEY
    Its 7 years since Sarah Lancashires Sergeant Catherine Cawood appeared on screen. And she hasn't lost that wonderful world weary dry delivery of lines.( terrfic opening scene) Her Grandson Ryan has grown up, and is showing dangerous traits of his nasty Dad Tommy Lee Royce ( a still frightening turn from James Norton) who is still in prison, but may be connected to an old murder when Catherine discovers a victims remains in a quarry!
    Other characters are still there, like Catherines sister, Clare, and they still share those wonderful two hander conversations. By all accounts this 3rd and final series is living up to the standard of the first two. Gripping Sunday night viewing.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2023 Posts: 7,518
    Watched all of Shantaram’s first and only season on Apple TV+, really enjoyed it. Sad it was cancelled, will probably now read the book.

EDIT: Also just crushed out all of Severence in one day (9 episodes, about 8 hours). Great show.
    The Last of Us

Its pretty amazing, especially for those who've played the game.
    The Last of Us

Its pretty amazing, especially for those who've played the game.

It really is, like a wonderful copy of the game while introducing its own aspects to feel like something completely new at the same time. I can't wait to see more.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Loved the first episode, can't wait for more, have never played the game.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    As a huge fan of TLOU games, I picked the wrong moment to try and watch the 1st episode of the show, as it was really tired. From what I did see before dozing off, I enjoyed quite a bit. I'll rewatch it again later this afternoon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,102
    That 90's Show pilot appeared on Netflix, I watched the original series back in the 90's the pilot was fun for a bit of nostalgia with a few good cameos. It did make me feel a bit sad when I thought of Tanya Roberts.

In the second episode Kurtward Smith says a line Robocop used lol his reaction after the line is amusing.
    Happy Valley
    Wow, what a great last episode! Tension has been ratched up over the last 5 weeks. And we finally got the inevitable showdown between Catherine and Tommy. But as writer Sally Wainright has been doing so well, she pulls the rug from under us and it wasn't what we expected! Great writing, great acting, nail biting tension, to one of the best T.V. drama shows produced!
    Bloodlands. I marvel how gritty and real British crime drama is. Just watched the fourth episode of season two last night. Looking forward to the third season of Happy Valley, but not sure when it will air stateside.
    Have just started the box set of 'Steptoe and Son', a Christmas present to myself! I had forgotten the first episode was from 'Comedy Playhouse' series, a little strange hearing that jaunty theme before we slip into the wonderful 'Steptoe' music!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,102
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Have just started the box set of 'Steptoe and Son', a Christmas present to myself! I had forgotten the first episode was from 'Comedy Playhouse' series, a little strange hearing that jaunty theme before we slip into the wonderful 'Steptoe' music!

Great show, if I recall the earlier series were in black and white. I used to deal in antiques many years ago I knew a few junk dealers like Steptoe and Son.
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Great show, if I recall the earlier series were in black and white. I used to deal in antiques many years ago I knew a few junk dealers like Steptoe and Son.
    I think you mean Sanford and Son. ;)
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Just started The Night Agent on Netflix. It's all very contemporary American airport bookshop conspiracy thriller, but solidly made. Think the Gray Man with less budget and better performances. The review that convinced me to give it a shot said something like "all the actors give their character 2 more notes than the script asks of them" and I'd agree with that after the first few. The script is complete boilerplate, the characters are caricature (the straight agent in an undeservedly minor posting, the wily political operative, the unwilling witness with a complicated past, the wacky but cruel assassins, the shadowy bad guy...), but the performances are actually quite alright. And in E03, which is the last one I watched, the world opens up a bit with a - for now - completely new plot string, that looks promising. Again, nothing groundbreaking, if you've seen a couple of shows set in DC in and around the White House, but they do it well so far.
    Just started The Night Agent on Netflix. It's all very contemporary American airport bookshop conspiracy thriller, but solidly made. Think the Gray Man with less budget and better performances. The review that convinced me to give it a shot said something like "all the actors give their character 2 more notes than the script asks of them" and I'd agree with that after the first few. The script is complete boilerplate, the characters are caricature (the straight agent in an undeservedly minor posting, the wily political operative, the unwilling witness with a complicated past, the wacky but cruel assassins, the shadowy bad guy...), but the performances are actually quite alright. And in E03, which is the last one I watched, the world opens up a bit with a - for now - completely new plot string, that looks promising. Again, nothing groundbreaking, if you've seen a couple of shows set in DC in and around the White House, but they do it well so far.

It's funny cause that's the vibe I was picking up from the (admittedly enticing) trailer I saw - it's as basic as they come but it's still a lot of fun with some occasional weight behind the performances. I don't usually bother with Netflix series anymore but might give this one a go at some point (provided they haven't canned it by then).
    Forgive me as i am way behind on many shows. But? I have just over the last few weeks binge watched Breaking Bad. Absolutely loved it!
    Going to watch El Camino this afternoon. :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Forgive me as i am way behind on many shows. But? I have just over the last few weeks binge watched Breaking Bad. Absolutely loved it!

You're in for a treat! I thought El Camino was fantastic.
    Fauda (first two seasons) and currently watching The Night Agent.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

You're in for a treat! I thought El Camino was fantastic.

You were not wrong Creasy44, a great ending for the Jesse character. Have had a break from it as i have binged watched Clarkson's Farm 2, Mandalorian season 3 and Picard season 3. All of which i thoroughly enjoyed.

A couple of movies i want to check first, but next up is 6 seasons of "Better call Saul". :-bd