Lost but now found! The Unreleased Bond Music Thread!

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I was rather hoping for TND, it’s the only pre-Craig EON Bond soundtrack I had yet to add to my collection.
    QBranch wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    TND soundtrack shipped on the 7th. Reckon I'll get it the day before Christmas!
    Actually, the day before Christmas is a Saturday, therefore I should've said Christmas Eve Eve!

52580177412_a20ccd4a6a_o.png

Cheers La La Land Records and @mattjoes! 🤙

Very cool! And so kind of them to ship the album with a pistol!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    And so kind of them to ship the album with a pistol!
    By stealth boat. That's the only way!
  • chrisesqetcchrisesqetc London
    edited January 2023 Posts: 43
    I have the following additional tracks that I was not able to include on the 2003 CD. I am sorry to torture people...I cannot share them...but because people are speculating:

Xmas Trees - a version sung solely by the kids - 3:36 [the CIA asked to use this at Gitmo]

2M1 We Have All the Time in the World jazz combo - film version - 2:52

2M2 Try - film version 3:13

4M2 guitar source 2:50

The Swiss alps skating source music, I don't have the slate # handy, 2:54 [the A section is the oompah music, the B section is the prettier melody]

and three score cues:
    13M1 (score, soft suspense) 1:02
    13M2 (score, orchestral version of We have All The Time in the World) 3:46
    16M3 (soft instrumental of We Have All the Time in the World, flute melody) 0:39

There was a missing roll, I was told, that had sustained water damage. I believe it includes the film version of Escape From Piz Gloria, the other appearance of the action music in the Swiss town chase (Bond attacked in a phone booth)...and I don't know what else. These would have to be taken from the film stem if a 2CD set is ever produced.

Sorry for the frustration—
    Lukas

Super interesting to hear - and very regrettable of course. Hopefully these missing tracks will emerge some day. I wonder why there were restrictions on the number of cues Lukas could use during the 2003 restorations whereas there seems to be no such limitation on the recent La-La-Land releases of the Brosnan soundtracks.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2023 Posts: 14,861
    This popped up on twitter again, apart from being, well, a lot(!), I think it’s notable because it’s Bill Conti giving an extended/alternate version of his take on the Bond theme from FYEO (most notably the second half of ‘Melina’s Revenge’), so kind of has a sort of legitimacy in terms of the movie scores. It’d be nice if a clean version had been recorded.

I know George Martin did a Bond medley on his album which is rather cool, and Barry made a bit of one on one of his 70s albums I think..? Are there any other ‘proper’ bits of released 007 music by the official composers outside of the films? I guess Arnold had an arrangement of the Bond theme on his DAF single and did that advert for N Peal’s Bond collection.
  • Does anyone know where to find these tracks? Is this official?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/james-bond-goldeneye-expanded-score-110958069
    edited January 2023 Posts: 43
    mtm wrote: »
    This popped up on twitter again, apart from being, well, a lot(!), I think it’s notable because it’s Bill Conti giving an extended/alternate version of his take on the Bond theme from FYEO (most notably the second half of ‘Melina’s Revenge’), so kind of has a sort of legitimacy in terms of the movie scores. It’d be nice if a clean version had been recorded.

I know George Martin did a Bond medley on his album which is rather cool, and Barry made a bit of one on one of his 70s albums I think..? Are there any other ‘proper’ bits of released 007 music by the official composers outside of the films? I guess Arnold had an arrangement of the Bond theme on his DAF single and did that advert for N Peal’s Bond collection.

Very interesting! Yeah shame it wasn't released. Do you know where the George Martin track and the Arnold track you mentioned can be found?
    Does anyone know where to find these tracks? Is this official?

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/james-bond-goldeneye-expanded-score-110958069

This isn't a legit product - but a rip that someone on another forum has produced. It is expanded but the quality isn't amazing on some tracks. And some tracks (e.g. the tank chase) are not the film rip but instead taken from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Bond release.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Very interesting! Yeah shame it wasn't released. Do you know where the George Martin track and the Arnold track you mentioned can be found?

Martin's 'The Bond Suite' you can hear on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/3MX3FONmE6GSGiVymXW88p?si=b83323d7fbc04ee7

And here's the N Peal ad scored by Arnold:

But I'm not sure the DAF B-side is online anywhere. As I remember it wasn't a superb version and I think it was made to be sampled on Shaken And Stirred.

Martin's 'The Bond Suite' you can hear on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/3MX3FONmE6GSGiVymXW88p?si=b83323d7fbc04ee7

And here's the N Peal ad scored by Arnold:

But I'm not sure the DAF B-side is online anywhere. As I remember it wasn't a superb version and I think it was made to be sampled on Shaken And Stirred.

Thank you for both! Great tracks! Had no idea the Martin one existed :)
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 78
    For those of you like me who want their Bond soundtrack listening experience to be as close to the movie as possible, I've created a version of 'Tomorrow Never Dies' as you hear it in the main titles:

https://easyupload.io/9mmgt4

I used the full length version of the track from the recently released La-La Land Records album and edited it accordingly. There are subtle structural differences, notably at the end and I think it flows better in the album listening experience. I've then moved the full length version of the track to the end of the album as a bonus. Hope you enjoy.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think they've removed your link already.

Is the film version not just the single/radio edit with a very truncated ending?
    I think they've removed your link already.

Is the film version not just the single/radio edit with a very truncated ending?

I've re-posted the link; see if that works for you. There are more edits to the film version than a truncated ending.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nah I think they won't let you upload a song.
    Okay, so I see the little break at about 1.40 is shortened and obviously the song just cuts off, but that's it, isn't it?
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 847
    You probably have to change the title for something more obscure or put it in a .rar file for not being deleted.
  • BondBarry007BondBarry007 London UK
    Dr No

Thought it might be good this year to discuss the current James Bond Soundtracks that are available & start with DR NO & work through all 25 EON Bonds & the 2 Non EON Soundtracks & get peoples thoughts on what is missing from the scores

Below is the current DR NO film score that was reissued in 2003

S1 - James Bond Theme (1:48)
    S2 - Kingston Calypso (2:45)
    S3 - Jamaican Rock (2:05)
    S4 - Jump Up (2:13)
    S5 - Audio Bongo (1:33)
    S6 - Under The Mango Tree (2:25)
    S7 - Twisting With James (3:12)
    S8 - Jamaica Jazz (1:08)
    S9 - Under The Mango Tree (Instrumental) (2:46)
    S10 - Jump Up (1:30)
    S11 - Dr - No's Fantasy (1:43)
    S12 - Kingston Calypso (2:31)
    S13 - The Island Speaks (3:23)
    S14 - Under The Mango Tree (2:44)
    S15 - The Boy's Chase (1:34)
    S16 - Dr - No's Theme (2:02)
    S17 - The James Bond Theme (2:24)
    S18 - Love At Last (1:55)

S = Score

Up for discussion , are there any more cues of unreleased music that have not been listed above from the DR NO score ??
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 35
    Has anyone come across any of the unreleased cues in NTTD? From Bond walking to the cemetery, to the Vespa theme to shed loads of music around Felix’s death? Lots of great music is missing…
    Has anyone come across any of the unreleased cues in NTTD? From Bond walking to the cemetery, to the Vespa theme to shed loads of music around Felix’s death? Lots of great music is missing…

Annoying that no recording sessions have surfaced.
  • edited January 2023 Posts: 78
    For those of you like me who want their Bond soundtrack listening experience to be as close to the movie as possible, I've created a version of 'Tomorrow Never Dies' as you hear it in the main titles.

I used the full length version of the track from the recently released La-La Land Records album and edited it accordingly. There are subtle structural differences, notably at the end and I think it flows better in the album listening experience. I've then moved the full length version of the track to the end of the album as a bonus. Hope you enjoy.

Right, trying again - please let me know if you don't have any joy with this link!

https://easyupload.io/9mmgt4
    Dr No

Thought it might be good this year to discuss the current James Bond Soundtracks that are available & start with DR NO & work through all 25 EON Bonds & the 2 Non EON Soundtracks & get peoples thoughts on what is missing from the scores

Below is the current DR NO film score that was reissued in 2003

S1 - James Bond Theme (1:48)
    S2 - Kingston Calypso (2:45)
    S3 - Jamaican Rock (2:05)
    S4 - Jump Up (2:13)
    S5 - Audio Bongo (1:33)
    S6 - Under The Mango Tree (2:25)
    S7 - Twisting With James (3:12)
    S8 - Jamaica Jazz (1:08)
    S9 - Under The Mango Tree (Instrumental) (2:46)
    S10 - Jump Up (1:30)
    S11 - Dr - No's Fantasy (1:43)
    S12 - Kingston Calypso (2:31)
    S13 - The Island Speaks (3:23)
    S14 - Under The Mango Tree (2:44)
    S15 - The Boy's Chase (1:34)
    S16 - Dr - No's Theme (2:02)
    S17 - The James Bond Theme (2:24)
    S18 - Love At Last (1:55)

S = Score

Up for discussion , are there any more cues of unreleased music that have not been listed above from the DR NO score ??

I've actually started a thread with this purpose in mind:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/21213/complete-list-of-james-bond-soundtrack-cues#latest

I've gone through about ten other soundtracks, so will upload my notes for them as soon as time permits :)
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 6,682
    It's Tuesday. Between today and next Monday I'll be sharing a piece of music every day. These pieces will include the three tracks I had announced a couple of months ago.

We begin with Five Days from Alaska, from A View to a Kill, a track that @PropertyOfALady requested a long while ago.

8JaufTS.png

Download link:
    https://mega.nz/folder/EMwEjJiI#lIBrQCghqqBbTzL1yC-e5Q

Come back tomorrow for another track.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Great work @mattjoes ^:)^
    Another muffled DVD rip can be thrown into the bin. Thanks again.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Excellent work @mattjoes!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 43
    Love this work @mattjoes! Thank you so much!! As a Bond music fan, I'm v grateful that you will do what EON etc won't!

A technical question - does anyone else notice a brief pause in the music at the 9 second mark? Might just be a download issue on my side but thought best to check
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @mattjoes is my personal supplier of happiness. Amazing job, sir. AVTAK may be bonkers, but the score is nothing short of brilliant.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's Tuesday. Between today and next Monday I'll be sharing a piece of music every day. These pieces will include the three tracks I had announced a couple of months ago.

We begin with Five Days from Alaska, from A View to a Kill, a track that @PropertyOfALady requested a long while ago.

8JaufTS.png

Download link:
    https://mega.nz/folder/EMwEjJiI#lIBrQCghqqBbTzL1yC-e5Q

Come back tomorrow for another track.

Wonderful :x
    Thank you, and you're welcome.

Love this work @mattjoes! Thank you so much!! As a Bond music fan, I'm v grateful that you will do what EON etc won't!

A technical question - does anyone else notice a brief pause in the music at the 9 second mark? Might just be a download issue on my side but thought best to check

I downloaded it again just to be sure, no issues with the file on my end.
    Today's music is The Palace Fight (Extended Version), from Octopussy. It's basically the same track as in the soundtrack album, but with the added insert of the James Bond Theme that scores Bond and Q talking on the balloon. This bit of music was put together with a combination of cut-and-paste (using a later part of the same track) and virtual instruments.

Even if you're familiar with the track, I recommend not skipping ahead to hear the new bit of music right away. Don't ruin the joy of discovery.

No video this time, because I don't want a copyright strike.

Download link:
    https://mega.nz/file/tIBCGJAY#CT7-94SVEAk0OOi6ihE9KjpOhpC48rbkrZ9ybhOFpY8
    edited March 2023 Posts: 43
    Today's music is The Palace Fight (Extended Version), from Octopussy. It's basically the same track as in the soundtrack album, but with the added insert of the James Bond Theme that scores Bond and Q talking on the balloon. This bit of music was put together with a combination of cut-and-paste (using a later part of the same track) and virtual instruments.

Even if you're familiar with the track, I recommend not skipping ahead to hear the new bit of music right away. Don't ruin the joy of discovery.

No video this time, because I don't want a copyright strike.

Download link:
    https://mega.nz/file/tIBCGJAY#CT7-94SVEAk0OOi6ihE9KjpOhpC48rbkrZ9ybhOFpY8

Another gem! Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.
    Thank you, and you're welcome.

I downloaded it again just to be sure, no issues with the file on my end.

Thanks for this :)
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 6,682
    Okay, this isn't unreleased Bond music, but what the hell. Today I give you my cover of the Bond theme I had mentioned a couple of months ago. The James Bond Theme ("Quartz" Cover) is inspired by the Watch Theme of the GoldenEye 007 video game (that is, the music that plays when you pause the game).

pMhm1jf.png

If you like it, you can download it here:
    https://mega.nz/folder/cMoxRT4Q#KQ67mT-UpLNB3HtHVEVCMA
    Today I give you the Main Titles of Dr. No. I used to have a film rip of this, but I decided I didn't care for the slightly dull sound quality of the music, compared to the richer-sounding album mixes, so I used the album tracks to recreate the film edits of the Bond Theme and Kingston Calypso. The percussion part in the middle is still from the film audio. The opening with the removed gunshot is not my work, I got it from the internet.

https://mega.nz/file/cN4gxbgS#_YoFowsjuOTwkfhEww3AaebGhzyu4e7HkBxWujR_LtI