Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    I've just noticed that on March 2023, I'm turning one year in this community!

Well, great! I hope you will buy all of us a round of Bollinger '69. :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    I've just noticed that on March 2023, I'm turning one year in this community!

Well, great! I hope you will buy all of us a round of Bollinger '69. :D

I'll get my address sent over in anticipation!
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited January 2023 Posts: 3,382
    Who was here watching Miss Universe 2023?

Are you guys satisfied with the results so far? 😅
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 975
    A little Bond trivia for you all, Mexican dubbing actor Carlos Segundo, who voiced DC's Bond in all of his outings also voiced Woody in the first two Toy Story films, he also voiced Alf and Piccollo on the Dragon Ball franchise.

edited January 2023 Posts: 3,382
    Thank you, Mr. Bond, I really appreciate this.....

52633763572_e41701c606_b.jpg

52633764022_27a8495257_b.jpg
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 1,637
    poor fisherman in Mexico just now , got his head bitten off by a great white :(
    Happy Valentines Day, Bond fans!

I've created this collage picture, put my ♥️ and effort into it 😊

52688102608_b7792d8cd7_b.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    That's lovely! Thank you, @MI6HQ !
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Lovely stuff, @MI6HQ. I'm sure @FatherValentine would approve!
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,728
    Public Information Message sponsored by Dragonpol:

Never Send Flowers on Valentine's Day

86320746_2738250002920658_2589426750442176512_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_p320x320_q65&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=g348gvg6T2QAX-HEzWo&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=00_AfC25j4I0354DzAmTsnWl1mJprlcw4ONGg2QVxvpo17J1w&oe=64131090
    https://schilthorn.ch/en/Infos/Live

nice weather at PG today
    edited February 2023 Posts: 3,382
    Tracy wrote: »
    https://schilthorn.ch/en/Infos/Live

nice weather at PG today

MI6 Inquiry Status and Update

02/17/2023

Mrs. @Tracy Bond,

You've been at the Piz Gloria, did you know that the mission of your husband took place in there?
    Yes, that's where he'd spent his mission (Operation Corona) last December 1969.

It's based on our records kept in the MI6 Archives.

Though, I'm sad for you, as it looks like you're having a hard time finding your husband anywhere.

So many years had passed, @Tracy he'd went to different locations since you're gone, none of us here in MI6 knows where he is at the moment.

The problem was your death was announced by your husband last March 27, 1970, it's specified in his personal records that you've died of gunshot (specifically in the head), there's even a death certificate, which your husband had presented on this Department, but your survival is still a great pleasure on our behalf.

We're also planning to announce him that you, Mrs. Teresa Bond neè Draco is still alive.

But don't worry, we're doing our best to make our job done and to ensure comfort with regards to the families of our employees, particularly those at the Field Persecution Unit and the 00 Section.

Currently contacting the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) at the moment.

@QBranch , any information about the whereabouts of Mr. James Bond, codename 007, as per request by his wife, @Tracy ?

Here in the Information Department, we've entertained and answered a lot of spouses' questions regarding the whereabouts of their husbands and wives, some of them had been unfortunate, since their spouses had been long dead in a mission, while some are still lucky because they're still alive, don't worry, Mrs. @Tracy Bond, we're doing our best to track your husband's current status.

If you need more inquiries, just visit us at the Vauxhall Headquarters, London, UK.

- Communication and Information Department Engineer, Military Intelligence - Unit Six (MI6)
    edited February 2023 Posts: 17,728
    edited February 2023 Posts: 3,382
    I don't know where to put this, but it's here!

The new Fleming book covers design! The US editions!

52709252521_04bbb480a1_b.jpg

https://mailchi.mp/ianfleming/agent_alert_us?e=ec5a95c3f9&fbclid=IwAR1Szx87-RhDAh_SNpbdqP_JpvjPNaPeqMa4ZoX31FW9vb7ZwFLRs0YBB_I

I would liked to thank 007 Magazine for sharing this to us.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I like that concept @MI6HQ.

I'm afraid that new cover art is very generic and unoriginal and it doesn't do anything for me at all. But then that's largely a criticism of modern book cover art across the board. I much prefer the vintage cover art of the Pan paperbacks and of course the Jonathan Cape first editions.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I'm afraid that new cover art is very generic and unoriginal and it doesn't do anything for me at all. But then that's largely a criticism of modern book cover art across the board. I much prefer the vintage cover art of the Pan paperbacks and of course the Jonathan Cape first editions.

Exactly how I felt when I saw them mentioned in that recent email. I think I'll always heavily prefer the Penguin series covers. So glad I own them all.
    35 anniversary Bloodsport
    Best Movies with a Cast of Non-Actors, Ranked
    https://movieweb.com/best-movies-with-non-actors/#the-forgotten-ones
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Tracy wrote: »
    35 anniversary Bloodsport

I have never seen Bloodsport...

giphy.gif
    I haven't even heard of it. Looked it up now and decided it would not be my cup of tea anyway.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 3,382
    Ana De Armas looks like a Female Version of James Bond here.....

55 anniversary final Batman episode , march 14 1968.......
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 1,637
    Trump is gonna play B3 in a new season of Bananas in Pyjamas :D

Trump : Fake news.....we have not discussed salary yet
    edited March 2023 Posts: 3,382
    Find it pretty funny that Cubby Broccoli rejected Julie Christie for both the role of Honey Ryder and Domino because she had small chest, which I don't believe at all.

But seeing some pictures of the Bond Girls actresses in the 70's, particularly Maud Adams, Britt Ekland, and even Gloria Hendry whom their chest weren't that big too.

I know this is just a sensitive talk, but some say it's the reason why Christie wasn't cast, but for me, I think there are different reasons, maybe she's hard to worked with? That's why Cubby rejected her?

And looking at Julie Christie's photos, her chest wasn't actually small as was said, she even had pictures of herself in a bikini too, she had the same body structure as Britt Ekland and Maud Adams, possibly she's a bit more sexier than those former two.

Because Cubby wouldn't rejected her just because only of her chest, I think there are far more and deeper reasons than that.

What do you guys think?
    George Lucas rumored to be very ill now
    edited April 2023 Posts: 3,382
    The Battle of the Double Takes!!!!!

Who did it better?

Double Taking Dalton
    ltk.gif?resize=500%2C213

VS.

Double Taking Pigeon
    tumblr_nutie4oTbM1s2wio8o1_1280.gif

Let the battle begin, twist your necks a thousand times, friends, because here we go!

somehow i can imagine Walken getting a chuckle out of this , lol
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    The Battle of the Double Takes!!!!!

Who did it better?

Double Taking Dalton
    ltk.gif?resize=500%2C213

VS.

Double Taking Pigeon
    tumblr_nutie4oTbM1s2wio8o1_1280.gif

Let the battle begin, twist your necks a thousand times, friends, because here we go!

One is a master thespian, skilled at playing all sorts of roles, equally adept at comedy and drama.

The other one is Dalton