ALIEN Franchise

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

Alien Recut as a comedy.
    Gerard wrote: »
    It always does. Remember the James Bond Car Collection ?

Did you know that there was a version of Alien on stage ? Well, there is. There's even a documentary about it :

And here's the new jersey version, with a surprise guest :

That looked fantastic!!!! =D> :-bd
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

A History of Unmade ALIEN Sequels
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    [Rumor] Phoebe Waller-Bridge To Play Alien: Romulus’ New Android
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/12/30/rumor-phoebe-waller-bridge-to-play-alien-romulus-new-android/amp/

Totally missed that this film was a thing and had a title and director.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    [Rumor] Phoebe Waller-Bridge To Play Alien: Romulus’ New Android
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/12/30/rumor-phoebe-waller-bridge-to-play-alien-romulus-new-android/amp/

Totally missed that this film was a thing and had a title and director.

I forgot as well until I saw an article about it a couple of weeks ago.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2023 Posts: 15,686
    Principal photography on Fede Alvarez's still-untitled Alien film has been completed on July 3rd.

The film will arrive in cinemas on August 16th, 2024.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FX’s Alien Series Began Production This Week, More Cast Members Announced!
    https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2023/07/21/fxs-alien-series-began-production-this-week-more-cast-members-announced/
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,105
    Ridley Scott Watched the New ‘Alien’ Movie and Said ‘It’s F—ing Great,’ Says Director Fede Álvarez: I Was ‘Terrified’ Waiting For His Reaction

“Don’t Breathe” and “Evil Dead” director Fede Álvarez is reviving the “Alien” franchise next year with the release of a new sequel (reportedly titled “Alien: Romulus“), which he co-wrote with Rodo Sayagues. The film will tell a new story within the “Alien” universe after the film franchise came to a halt following Ridley Scott‘s prequel films “Prometheus” (2012) and “Alien: Covenant” (2017). The latter’s middling box office ended Scott’s run. “Alien: Romulus” will be the first “Alien” movie released since Disney acquired Fox...

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/ridley-scott-watched-alien-romulus-great-1235759474/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Is there anything that Disney doesn't own?
    I've only seen the first 3 films so far. I adore the original, which is one of my all-time favorite films. Aliens is also very great, though I prefer the emphasis on horror over action that the first one delivers. The third one, while less enjoyable the 1 and 2, had its moments, too. Eventually I'll get around to seeing the others.
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,105
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I've only seen the first 3 films so far. I adore the original, which is one of my all-time favorite films. Aliens is also very great, though I prefer the emphasis on horror over action that the first one delivers. The third one, while less enjoyable the 1 and 2, had its moments, too. Eventually I'll get around to seeing the others.

Alien is amazing I can watch the opening sequence on loop its art, the film looks really good in 4K it show cases Scott's incredible eye for detail to the max, great movie.

I own all the films on different formats, the Alien Anthology Boxset is probably one of the best sets I own. the documentaries for each film is must see and there are a lot, they really do give a whole new dimension to the first 4 films.

alien-anthology-bd2.jpg
    Ridley Scott Watched the New ‘Alien’ Movie and Said ‘It’s F—ing Great,’ Says Director Fede Álvarez: I Was ‘Terrified’ Waiting For His Reaction

“Don’t Breathe” and “Evil Dead” director Fede Álvarez is reviving the “Alien” franchise next year with the release of a new sequel (reportedly titled “Alien: Romulus“), which he co-wrote with Rodo Sayagues. The film will tell a new story within the “Alien” universe after the film franchise came to a halt following Ridley Scott‘s prequel films “Prometheus” (2012) and “Alien: Covenant” (2017). The latter’s middling box office ended Scott’s run. “Alien: Romulus” will be the first “Alien” movie released since Disney acquired Fox...

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/ridley-scott-watched-alien-romulus-great-1235759474/

Enticing, but no surprise the leading producer on the film would have something positive to say about it. I really, really hope it's good. Fede is a master at breathing fresh air into old properties, so I hope he can deliver here.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Enticing, but no surprise the leading producer on the film would have something positive to say about it. I really, really hope it's good. Fede is a master at breathing fresh air into old properties, so I hope he can deliver here.

True and usually when someone gives high praise its the opposite.

A different take on the series is needed after the disappointing Covenant, there was way too many stupid characters and actions in that film.
    Scott made both Prometheus and Covernent so I'm sorry for not taking his opinion on any new Alien project seriously.
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    Scott made both Prometheus and Covernent so I'm sorry for not taking his opinion on any new Alien project seriously.

I can at least admire Prometheus for the new direction it tried, even if I'm warmed to it over the years, but Covenant was a disaster that I just couldn't get into.
    Prometheus has grown on me over the years, there are some high concepts that are thought provoking even though not executed as well as they should have been, the film is also visually stunning.
    Flogging a dead Alien!!
    Love the first two, anything after that!,?! Well cant really remember, even though I watched them!

If it's good enough for Ridley Scott? That sounds promising to me! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »

He's a producer, so it's a given he'd heap praise on it. I have faith with Alvarez behind the camera though.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

He's a producer, so it's a given he'd heap praise on it. I have faith with Alvarez behind the camera though.

And didn’t Cameron hype Terminator: Dark Fate?
    talos7 wrote: »

He sure did!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »

He sure did!

Sometimes I wonder if they even care.

"Is the film any good, mister Cameron?"

"Huh, what? Yeah, sure, whatever. Yeah, no, it's a great film, I love it. See you guys!"

I'm sort of cynical in that regard. ;-)

And yes, since old Ridles has a bit of a stake in this game, he'll probably shower the film with love and praise, no matter what. Look, I love the man. He gave me Alien and Blade Runner, two of the best films ever made. However, he also thought it wise to release Prometheus as a philosophical experiment that wasn't Alien but kinda was. So I'm not sure how important an endorsement from Scott is.
    Just stopping in to say the original Alien is one of my all-time favorite films, and the Xenomorph is my favorite “movie monster.” Cool name, formidable, and even strangely cute-looking in its own way!
    Great timing for bumping this because Aliens is finally getting the 4K treatment, alongside some other James Cameron classics:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3788333/james-camerons-aliens-and-the-abyss-coming-to-4k-ultra-hd-in-early-2024/
    Great timing for bumping this because Aliens is finally getting the 4K treatment, alongside some other James Cameron classics:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3788333/james-camerons-aliens-and-the-abyss-coming-to-4k-ultra-hd-in-early-2024/

Long overdue, Aliens is a day one purchase, Abyss is also a must buy. If they turn out anywhere near as good as T2 they will look incredible.
    Amazing about the Cameron titles. But sadly, T1 is still MIA ;(

Yeah I was also disappointed that it wasn't included. I'd love a 4K release for that, a Criterion edition, something. It's one of my favorite films.

Yeah I was also disappointed that it wasn't included. I'd love a 4K release for that, a Criterion edition, something. It's one of my favorite films.

Have to figure it’s only a matter of time, and lots of other classics still haven’t gotten their due just yet. T1 is my favorite, going against the popular opinion that 2 is the best. I am partial to the horror vibe and adult protagonists.

Have to figure it’s only a matter of time, and lots of other classics still haven’t gotten their due just yet. T1 is my favorite, going against the popular opinion that 2 is the best. I am partial to the horror vibe and adult protagonists.

Me too, for the exact same reasons you described. It's always been my favorite "non-horror horror movie." Arnie's performance scared the hell out of me as a kid.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    If T1 is going to get released on 4K for any year it has to be next year for its 40th anniversary.