Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I loved that picture! It's funny how "nostalgic" it feels seeing that exact image after such a long time, when it was such a part of my profile on here for many years.

And same goes to you, always. Been a pleasure getting to know you and several others so well over the years and engage in some incredibly fruitful conversations and excitement as the new releases have gotten closer and closer. We joined around the time SF pre-production was gearing up and now we're here awaiting a new actor's turn. It's amazing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, that's part of why I've always been reluctant to change my profile picture. I feel like it's just synonymous with me now, and it would feel weird even to me to see a post of mine on the forum, glance to the left and not see the golden Connery avatar. At this point in my life I would feel motivated to have one depicting Craig instead, as he has truly become my favorite interpretation, but something would just feel so wrong about that, even if it felt right.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,948
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    So that’s why I am surrounded by nurses and people in straightjackets. 😮
    We were wondering when you'd finally notice them. Early on you seemed to think the nurses were all burlesque dances and the people in straightjackets were bouncers, which certainly says a lot about where your head was at at that time. Both heads, actually...

They aren't Burlesque dancers? but.... they do dance.....

Congrats on your

years on these boards! Time flies when you're hanging about.

tbh the only thing I don't like about your posts is their sensible, well thought-out and balanced views. How am I supposed to come over as intelligent now? ;-)

It's been an honour hanging about with you my friend!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Does a 0th birthday count too? If so, I'm happy to announce that my son Gabriel was born on Monday, October 24. He is our first child. My wife and I are blessed with a beautiful boy.

Don't worry, I'll fervently home-school the little lad in all matters Bond. :)>-
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Congratulations Dimi! He'll be posting on the forum before you know it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @DarthDimi , this is big news. Congratulations to you all!
    Thank you, gents! 😀
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Does a 0th birthday count too? If so, I'm happy to announce that my son Gabriel was born on Monday, October 24. He is our first child. My wife and I are blessed with a beautiful boy.

Don't worry, I'll fervently home-school the little lad in all matters Bond. :)>-

@DarthDimi, I wholeheartedly congratulate on this. I myself, alas, don't have any children, though I'm not devastated by that. But I'm sure this will be great. Plus he's an early Scorpio, and while I'm not superstitious (I'm certain it brings bad luck), early Scorpios are the greatest persons on earth. My own birthday is tomorrow, by the way :-)
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

@DarthDimi, I wholeheartedly congratulate on this. I myself, alas, don't have any children, though I'm not devastated by that. But I'm sure this will be great. Plus he's an early Scorpio, and while I'm not superstitious (I'm certain it brings bad luck), early Scorpios are the greatest persons on earth. My own birthday is tomorrow, by the way :-)

You are right; superstition brings bad luck. 😄 And thank you. Gabriel is beautiful.

Meanwhile, congrats in advance, sir. I hope you have a great B-day tomorrow.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy Gabriel, @DarthDimi! That's great news. I'm sure he's a little angel. :)
    @DarthDimi Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your family!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    @DarthDimi
    You won't be surprised, but here's one for your son:

Thanks for lot, fellas. We are proud to finally have a complete family. Nothing could have prepared me for the happiness that comes with a child.
    "I shall call him... 'Mini D'."
    QBranch wrote: »

@DarthMini.

Username sorted already. 👌
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »

@DarthMini.

Username sorted already. 👌

Fully accepted :-)!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was going to make a cheeky comment, but just can't do it. Sincere congratulations, @DarthDimi, on what you've helped bring into the world. From knowing you all these years, I am assured you are prepared for this big step and change in your life, and more importantly than anything else, that you will be a magnificent father. They say that when you have a kid, your life ends as theirs begins. In a sense, what you were living for before and what you are living for afterward changes, because your life isn't just about looking out for yourself anymore. Now you've got a little thing you must raise to bloom into their own man/woman, and that's a high stakes game for certain. But I know you and your special lady have what it takes, and your intellect and teaching background will serve you well in navigating these uncharted waters with tact and enthusiasm.

Just make sure the kid never gets an account on here. Can't give it more than a few days before he'd be tainted by the wild minds of some of the forums more passionate degenerates. ;-)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @DarthDimi congratulations! Henceforth starts the most fascinating, agonising, exhausting and rewarding time of your life ;-)
    And what a cool name indeed!

And @j_w_pepper congratso n your birthday!
    Thanks, guys. This means a lot to me, it really does. @CommanderRoss, @j_w_pepper, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, @Dragonpol, @Thunderfinger, @FoxRox... Thank you, indeed. A new phase in my life has begun, and I intend to enjoy it in full.
    So today marks my tenth anniversary of joining MI6 Community back on 11 December 2012. I'm so glad that I joined up and have really enjoyed discussing all things Bond and otherwise with you all over the last decade. Thanks to all for making it such an enjoyable online home. Hopefully I'll be able to stick around for a while yet. :)
    Happy anniversary, @Dragonpol! Ten years is a long time. This forum wouldn't be what it is without you.
    Happy 10th, @Dragonpol! You're one of our best, and I've learned a lot about all things Bond related through your great insights here and your professional articles. You're a knowledgable asset to us all! Thank you for doing what you do.
    @Dragonpol Happy Anniversary, frieund! You are one of the good ones, amongst many. I would send you flowers, but I'm under the impression you're allergic to pollen.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Congrats @Dragonpol on your tenth anniversary here. Your input into the forums as both a member and a friend to many is immeasurable.
    Here's hoping there are many more years ahead. <:-P
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy 10th anniversary @Dragonpol. The forum would be worse off without you flying the flag for the Gardner books.
    Thank you all so much, chaps. It's nice to mark this milestone with you all and I hope to stay around for a while yet. Thanks to you all for making it the fun and informative place that it is.
    Well, it's the big 41 for me today AND my 18th anniversary as a member of this community. Needless to say, it's been a ball so far.

k1jrvxonscpw.jpeg

Belgian beers for all!
    Happy 41st Birthday, @DarthDimi. Also Happy 18th Anniversary as an MI6 member. Thanks for being here and for all you do as a mod!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @DarthDimi it goes without saying, that without you here, it just wouldn't be the same.
    18 years is no small feat. Especially with your fellow mods to deal with on a daily basis. The less said about that mess in the mod house, last week the better. I still say it was Creasy and the Major.
    And then on top of that it's your birthday too!
    Happy birthday my friend, hope you have a great day.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy birthday/anniversary, @DarthDimi.

netflix-netflix-show.gif