The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Wow amazing result for Japan, beat Germany and now Spain. ^:)^

Very controversial decision regarding Japan's 2nd goal, Germany wont be happy.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Haven't been able to watch much football this week, but managed to catch the late drama of tonight's games. From a sports perspective, this tournament has already given us a few surprises!

As for World Cup Fantasy, it's not going great. Rotation and blanking players have hit my team hard. Still got Power Captain left to play though.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Haven't been able to watch much football this week, but managed to catch the late drama of tonight's games. From a sports perspective, this tournament has already given us a few surprises!

As for World Cup Fantasy, it's not going great. Rotation and blanking players have hit my team hard. Still got Power Captain left to play though.

Yeah a lot of my players did not start, it's pure luck WC Fantasy Football, it's kept me invested in most of the games.

It's been a pretty good WC so far with some great shock results, it's anybody's to win IMO I don't think there is one team that is way ahead of the rest.
    More late drama, these last group games have not disappointed. Uruguay thought they were on easy street whilst winning 2 - 0 and took attackers off, then South Korea took the lead vs Portugal so Uruguay with injury time are going out... 8 minutes injury time.

Suarez is in tears.

Ghana and Uruguay go out, Uruguay started play acting at end.

Uruguay players have lost it with the ref.
    No idea why I picked VVD instead of Dumfries 8-|

I messed up with my transfers I brought in Messi as my 12th man not realizing I could not Captain him.

This game has suited Van Gal's tactics perfectly, Holland have just sat and waited and picked the US off. USA have very little in attack so I can't see them getting back into this game at 2 - 0 down.20 minutes to go.
    Wow game on 2 - 1 USA pull one back.

Astonishing goal :))
    Dumfries goal and 2 assists that has killed my Game Day 3 - 1.
    France through without too much fuss, Mbappe Captain for rest of tournament?

Got a feeling that England are going to mess things up and lose to Senegal.
    Over a third of the game gone, England slow and looking poor, England need to wake up and stop gifting Senegal opportunities.
    Get in 1 - 0 England Henderson goal, Belligham assist.
    2 - 0 Kane finally scores. Soon as England went through the gears Senegal could not live with us.

3 - 0 Saka great team goal again.

Looks like Rashford is coming on for the last 30 minutes, hopefully he can get me some points.
    That South Korea goal just took a whole lot off points off me. 8-|
    Spain out, Morocco played well I thought this game would be close.

Ronaldo dropped for Portugal, could backfire.
    Ronaldo's replacement Ramos scores a stunner, Ronaldo's face said it all.

Yeah a lot of my players did not start, it's pure luck WC Fantasy Football, it's kept me invested in most of the games.

It's been a pretty good WC so far with some great shock results, it's anybody's to win IMO I don't think there is one team that is way ahead of the rest.

Been away and haven't been able to keep track with the games, but caught the second half and the rest of the drama between Morocco and Spain. Another shock result!
    Portugal 2 up now Pepe goal, think Bruno got the assist.
    @Torgeirtrap just read the Jesus could be out for 3 month's Arsenal need to buy in January... Piers Morgan will be urging Arsenal to get Ronaldo :))

Stay well clear of Ronaldo, it will be difficult to replace Jesus's work rate.
    Ramos gets his second, Dalot assist. Huge decision by manager pays off.
    4 - 0 Rafael goal, Ramos assist.

4 - 1 Akanji, assist by Portugal's Ramos :))
    Wow Ramos 21 years old gets his hatrick, Ronaldo has never scored in the knock out stages... You can't write this stuff.

5 - 1
    Ronaldo coming on, what an expression on his face.

6 - 1 Rafeal Leo cracking goal. Impressive performance by Portugal.

---
    Quarter Finals...

Fri, Dec. 9 Croatia vs. Brazil 10 AM Education City –
    Fri, Dec. 9 Netherlands vs. Argentine 2 PM Lusail –
    Sat, Dec. 10 Morocco vs. Portugal 10 AM Al Thumama –
    Sat, Dec. 10 England vs. France 2 PM Al Bayt –

I think only the Brazil game is a foregone conclusion, the other three fixtures tough to call.
    @Torgeirtrap just read the Jesus could be out for 3 month's Arsenal need to buy in January... Piers Morgan will be urging Arsenal to get Ronaldo :))

Stay well clear of Ronaldo, it will be difficult to replace Jesus's work rate.

Isn't Ronaldo signing for a Saudi club?

Anyway, a really big blow for Arsenal, and without Jesus I think their season might turn ugly really fast…
    Ronaldo coming on, what an expression on his face.

6 - 1 Rafeal Leo cracking goal. Impressive performance by Portugal.

---
    Quarter Finals...

Fri, Dec. 9 Croatia vs. Brazil 10 AM Education City –
    Fri, Dec. 9 Netherlands vs. Argentine 2 PM Lusail –
    Sat, Dec. 10 Morocco vs. Portugal 10 AM Al Thumama –
    Sat, Dec. 10 England vs. France 2 PM Al Bayt –

I think only the Brazil game is a foregone conclusion, the other three fixtures tough to call.

Some really great games on paper this. England vs. France will be a highlight for sure. Difficult to make a guess at which teams will reach the final, but my prediction will be Brazil vs. one of Argentine/France/England.
    85th minute still 0 - 0 between Brazil and Croatia I did not see this coming, Croatia playing well and digging deep. Brazil a bit disappointing. Can Croatia nick a win and blow the tournament wide open...

Extra time...
    Neymar showing a bit of genius 1 - 0 up end of first half of Extra time. Brilliant goal.
    Wow 1 - 1 with 4 minutes to go, i think Brazil had thought they had won the game already...
    Penalties..

Brazil already missed and on the ropes...

Croatia on the brink of winning, Brazil must score or are out...

Hits the post omg :-O
    Another World Cup surprise! What will be the next?
    Argentina v Holland was a crazy game, Holland should have kept going long ball in extra time they had them on the ropes.
    Morocco are really not that interested in playing football, hopefully they will win this. If England beat France Portugal concern me.
    Morocco 1 - 0 crikey, glad I still have my wildcard :))