The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I love James Bond, I really enjoyed that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dwayne wrote: »
    OP was the first Bond film I watched at the cinema so it has a sentimental spot for me.

Same here. OP was the first Bond movie that I saw in the cinema. The date: Monday, August 29th, 1983. An early afternoon screening, and then it was off to Shea Stadium to watch my idol - Tom Seaver - pitch.

Back then watching a film at the cinema felt like a real event as we had limited information.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

I happy that you are well and that you enjoyed OP.

One could say that OP is THE Representative film of the Moore era. Not too over the top like TSWLM or MR, and not too "raw" like FYEO. A good mix of light moments and seriousness IMO.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I had a major health scare two weeks ago, feel very thankful I am watching this film.

Hope you're okay.

Two weeks later much better thank you and thankfully it's not as serious as I first thought. It scared me enough to reevaluate my life which I am grateful for.
    Dwayne wrote: »

I happy that you are well and that you enjoyed OP.

One could say that OP is THE Representative film of the Moore era. Not too over the top like TSWLM or MR, and not too "raw" like FYEO. A good mix of light moments and seriousness IMO.
    Cheers mate.

If there was a bit more restraint in certain areas it would been one of Moores best for sure.
    Glad to hear you're doing ok @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Hey, OP was my first Bond in the cinema too! Love it, still my favourite Rog Bond movie! A sunny Sunday afternoon in June in 1983, I also collected lots of magazine articles re the proposed rivalry between it and NSNA! The latter being delayed til the end of the year meant the head to gead clash never happened. ( And I recall going to see NSNA on St. Stephens Day.....and being bitterly disappointed!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're doing ok @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. Hey, OP was my first Bond in the cinema too! Love it, still my favourite Rog Bond movie! A sunny Sunday afternoon in June in 1983, I also collected lots of magazine articles re the proposed rivalry between it and NSNA! The latter being delayed til the end of the year meant the head to gead clash never happened. ( And I recall going to see NSNA on St. Stephens Day.....and being bitterly disappointed!

Cheers mate, indeed it was a great year to be a Bond fan I should try to get a print or do one myself of NSNA poster for nostalgia sake. In fact I have just had an idea, I will merge OP and NSNA poster and do a v's poster. (I will do a separate NSNA poster also).
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Cheers mate, indeed it was a great year to be a Bond fan I should try to get a print or do one myself of NSNA poster for nostalgia sake. In fact I have just had an idea, I will merge OP and NSNA poster and do a v's poster. (I will do a separate NSNA poster also).

Brilliant
    Cant wait to see it!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,102
    88KJ55j.jpg I often forget I have this OP tin plague its hiding in a corner. I really need to display it better even mount it on something else.
    A great write up, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

I have OHMSS playing now.
    The great Gumbold office sequence.
    I love the suspense that builds here.

As today is the 20th anniversary of another Bond film, I decided this one would hit the spot far more. :D
    I'm on borrowed time with my computer, so I won't comment as much.
    Still, I love this film.

As today is the 20th anniversary of another Bond film, I decided this one would hit the spot far more. :D
    Still, I love this film.

Going to save OHMSS for Christmas day, I meant to watch it last Christmas though did not get round to it, as things stand I have Christmas day off.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 15,785

Still, I love this film.

Going to save OHMSS for Christmas day, I meant to watch it last Christmas though did not get round to it, as things stand I have Christmas day off.

Still, I love this film.

Thank goodness I have Christmas day off as well. I'll most likely watch this again during the holiday season.
    I'm at the Piz Gloria raid sequence.
    Draco is great. Amazing character. I really love this Bond epic.

Still, I love this film.

Still, I love this film.

Thank goodness I have Christmas day off as well. I'll most likely watch this again during the holiday season.

Brilliant film its always in my Top 2 ranking, OHMSS and FRWL often swap having the top spot.

Still, I love this film.

Still, I love this film.

Brilliant film its always in my Top 2 ranking, OHMSS and FRWL often swap having the top spot.

This viewing may have pushed it back up to my number 2 spot.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

DAD always hits the spot for me.... a low blow, that is!!!! :))

We should organize a group OHMSS watch around Christmas. Its' a film that shines from beginning to end IMO.
    Afraid I wont be joining a group watch for OHMSS. I watch it every Christmas, and relish every moment of it, so wouldnt like to be pausing to write 😂
    Now DAD is a different story, I probably wouldnt be watching any of the screen, I would be so busy heaping vitriol on it! 🤣🤣🤣
    Been awhile since I posted here due to technical difficulties.
    So here we are again, now with a beautiful Blu ray of
    NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN.

So I'm back, older and wiser (hopefully).
    This Bluray is pretty damned sharp I must say.
    I really like Connery's toupee in this movie. :D
    Why does M act so goofy in this movie, though?
    Fatima has a great entrance.
    Barbara Carrera is my favorite femme fatale in a Bond. Luciana Paluzzi is close behind.
    Not so sure I like Blofeld's attire. The bowtie is a little goofy.
    Chuck Cunningham.
    Pettachi is getting pounded. I remember these scenes in the cinema.
    I remember the shot of Connery thru Fatima's lense was extremely green in the cinema.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    How cool is Blofeld's chrome skull camera.

Petachi smokes menthols. Might be fun to make an advert of it.
    QBranch wrote: »
    How cool is Blofeld's chrome skull camera.

Petachi smokes menthols. Might be fun to make an advert of it.

Yes!
    Largo and Domino. I like that Largo has a dance studio aboard the Flying Saucer.
    Reminds me of my old theatre days. Hours and hours in rehearsals,
    I don't remember anyone wearing leg warmers, though.
    Love the bass lick on the tune that plays as Domino trains with her instructor.
    Largo shows up and the Scott Baio wannabe dance instructor meekly leaves.
    Q genuinely scares the s**t of out Bond woth the exploding pen.
    I'd really like to know what kind of laser watch Bond wears in this film.
    A mystery yet to be solved.
    Nigel interrupts Bond's flirting with Valerie Leon.
    Bond keeps his cool, though.
    I love the Nassau section of NSNA. I may be the only one.
    I've said this before.......Connery strips naked in front of a female he just met and gets laid.
    Craig does the same and gets rejected. Oh well. You can't win them all.
    The jazzy Legrand score during the underwater sequence as Fatima and Bond adjourn to the ship wreckage is pretty funny.
    Real tiger sharks. They'd never do this today. It would all be CGI.
    Genuinely suspenseful stuff as Bond s trapped by the sharks.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 15,785
    Fatima has another costume change before planting the bomb in Bond's suite.
    More soothing AM radio sounds of Legrans as we segue to France.
    It's funny as Hell when Felix scares Bond, Nicole and everyone nearby at the airport.

Bond in another roll neck. This time with a large M on his chest. Reminds me of Laverne's L.