The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,104
    Rashford coming on, Grealish has made a difference. Foden needs to come . :((
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Worst game Southgate playing it safe. 0 - 0
    Why didn't Foden play? Any explanations from Southgate?

No idea I think Southgate played for a draw or rather played not to lose, literally all the England players played badly though Maguire has a good game which says a lot.

Slept in today so did not change my captain, was going to switch to Messi.
    Totally messed up I thought France were playing tomorrow, and Mbappe scored twice.

Will this be final bow for Messi, must win game.
    Messi goal pin point shot from the legend.

No idea I think Southgate played for a draw or rather played not to lose, literally all the England players played badly though Maguire has a good game which says a lot.

Slept in today so did not change my captain, was going to switch to Messi.

Very strange way to approach the game that "safe". USA aren't a bad team, but with this generation of English talent, you'd think Southgate would take advantage of that…
    Messi goal pin point shot from the legend.

What a player he is. Wonder how far Argentina will go in this tournament.
    Well bringing a Japan defender backfired, I thought they would win that game. There is a fine line between a lot of these sides difficult to predict as almost every team can beat another on the day.
    Well well well Morroco take the lead vs Belgium... VAR

Looks offside

No goal
    Morocco goal get in. Belgium are a shadow of the team they were. Still no Lukaku.
    Wow 2 - 0 Morocco well deserved.

=D> Fantastic performance from Morocco.
    Canada score after 1 minute :-O
    This group is wide open.
    Convincing 4 - 1 win for Croatia I cannot see Belgium beating this side, the last group game will be a must see.
    All happening in the Spain Germany game 1 - 1

Decent game Germany showed if you get physical with Spain you can stop them playing to a degree.
    Well bringing a Japan defender backfired, I thought they would win that game. There is a fine line between a lot of these sides difficult to predict as almost every team can beat another on the day.

Midfielder for me. Bit of a punt, so not too disappointed.
    All happening in the Spain Germany game 1 - 1

Decent game Germany showed if you get physical with Spain you can stop them playing to a degree.

Only watched the last 20 minutes or so, but it was entertaining enough!
    A few groups will go to the last game makes it interesting, plus it mean's the starting line ups are more predictable for Fantasy Managers.
    Norwegian commentator says this Brazil side has the best squad ever assembled in a World Cup. It's what you expect a five year old Neymar fanboy to say, not a fully grown former footballer. Brazil have a good side, but it fascinates me how overhyped they are by some.
    Made 3 transfers still not used my Wildcard, some Game day 3 match ups are very difficult to predict and the teams already through will likely rest players. If my team is in a mess after the group games I will use my Wildcard then.

---
    jobo wrote: »
    Norwegian commentator says this Brazil side has the best squad ever assembled in a World Cup. It's what you expect a five year old Neymar fanboy to say, not a fully grown former footballer. Brazil have a good side, but it fascinates me how overhyped they are by some.

Its probably not in the top 4 Brazil sides never mind including other countries, certainly not in the top 10 greatest international sides ever.

I did tip Brazil to win this World Cup before the tournament though having seen other teams play I think this is one of the most open World Cups in some time, I think one of 5 or 6 sides can win it.
    Gakpo and Koulibaly got me points.

England make changes Rashford, Foden, Henderson and Walker start...

J Pickford

K Walker J Stones H Maguire L Shaw

J Henderson D Rice J Bellingham

P Foden H Kane (c) M Rashford

No Trippier who is still in my Team, I sold Belligham as reports suggested Henderson was replacing him gr, I may end up regretting that.
    God this game is dull, no idea what Maguire was doing with that cross shot.
    Rashford cracking free kick, get in 1 - 0 England.
    2 - 0 Foden.

Rashford and Foden switching flanks worked lol.
    Trippier on for last 25 minutes.
    Rashford just ripped Wales apart 3 - 0.
    Job done, Wales are not very good England really should have won by 5 or 6.

3 - 0 in the end, it's difficult to judge England until we meet a good side.
    No way is that a penalty for Argentina, poor VAR decision.

Messi penalty saved, that's justice great save.
    Argentina win the group and Poland finish second by a whisker, certainly a lot of drama in these two games.
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,104
    Wow Spain losing to Japan 2 - 1, Japan came out firing in second half. come on Japan. As things stand Germany will go out.

Costa Rica equalized vs Germany 1 - 1 its all happening.
    Germany now losing :-O
    edited December 2022 Posts: 23,104
    Germany now winning 3 - 2 Germany need Spain to draw and Germany get more goals ... I think lol

Germany 4 - 2 they desperately need Spain to score... 7 minutes injury time in Spain game.