The General Oddities Thread

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited January 2021 in General Discussion Posts: 17,728
Welcome to my brand new General Oddities Thread. Here we can share and discuss weird news and events or things that are just plain odd, if not supernatural per se. The creation of this new thread will end the need to have new separate threads in my old "Do you believe...?" series.

We can discuss new topics every so often.

This time it is the turn of David Icke and the various theories he propounds for why we are all here and who really controls the world and the universe. David Icke is a former footballer and sports broadcaster but is now best known (since the 1990s) as a professional conspiracy theorist. For the uninitiated here are a few interviews with Mr Icke that may fill you in on who he is and what he believes:

David Icke interview on Wogan (29 April 1991):

David Icke interview on Wogan Now & Then (2006):

So do you believe in any of David Icke's various theories or are you rather sceptical of all or even some of them?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Icke is a hero for not submitting to ridicule.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    He was trying to tell the world about Jimmy Savile long before Savile's death.
    Icke is the son of God.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Icke is the son of God.

No, no. He is God!

Or is He?
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 4,599
    We are getting near another thread that was closed but how and why are his ideas any more or less barking mad than other religious leaders?. It's a form of cowardly bullying to pick on individuals when the large, super rich organised religions are the ones that need to be ridiculed and laughed at. Typical of the BBC. Can you imagine Wogan taking the same interviewing tone with the Archbishop of Canterbury?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    patb wrote: »
    We are getting near another thread that was closed but how and why are his ideas any more or less barking mad than other religious leaders?. It's a form of cowardly bullying to pick on individuals when the large, super rich organised religions are the ones that need to be ridiculed and laughed at. Typical of the BBC. Can you imagine Wogan taking the same interviewing tone with the Archbishop of Canterbury?

I get your point. Of course, just for the record, Terry Wogan was himself an atheist. I heard him say so in interviews on several occasions.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    No.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Quite frankly, he seems to be of the kind that should not be discussed in the first place, and particularly not on this board. Based on what I read about his views, but if they are even close to that, I have no interest to get further into the ramblings of a Holocaust-denying, esoteric, Nazi-nut conspiracy theorist... who no doubt, like all of them to the extent they are half-way sane (but keep that secret), are only in it for the money.
    David Icke is less of madman than Donald Trump.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Quite frankly, he seems to be of the kind that should not be discussed in the first place, and particularly not on this board. Based on what I read about his views, but if they are even close to that, I have no interest to get further into the ramblings of a Holocaust-denying, esoteric, Nazi-nut conspiracy theorist... who no doubt, like all of them to the extent they are half-way sane (but keep that secret), are only in it for the money.

Funny that you should say that. David Icke made a video about rumours that he lives in a mansion and owns a Bentley and that "he does it all for the money":

• BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Here's my take on David Icke. Sometimes the stuff he says makes an alarming amount of sense. I ALMOST get sucked in. Then I hear about shape shifting lizards and I'm out of there.

Also - he makes VERY SERIOUS accusations. But the thing with him and other conspiracy theorists is this: He says these incredible things... but doesn't offer any proof. And when someone asks for it (a perfectly reasonable request I'm sure you'll agree) they get accused of being a "sheep" or "part of the problem" or worse... "complicit".

People like him? They are their own worst enemy. When they fall, they fall very far,
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,599
    So Youtube are clamping down on the 5G videos as, obviously,there is no evidence to back them up and Christian, Michael Gove has openly branded them as "dangerous nonsense". Looking forward to them banning all of the other "theories" that have no evidence to back them up. (sorry, couldn't resist)
    edited April 2020 Posts: 17,728
    patb wrote: »
    So Youtube are clamping down on the 5G videos as, obviously,there is no evidence to back them up and Michael Gove has openly branded them as "dangerous nonsense". Looking forward to them banning all of the other "theories" that have no evidence to back them up. [/b]

Indeed, and they could be there a considerable while, @patb!

Unfounded conspiracy theories have become an opium of the masses. For instance, in my workplace I've heard customers and a co-worker blame the Covid-19 pandemic on biological warfare by either the Chinese, Russians or Americans.
    I don t know what Icke said exactly, but that electromagnetic radiation weakens the immune system for many of the already weakened isn t a theory, but fact. Whenever and wherever new technology of this kind has been introduced, disease has skyrocketed for a while, weeding out the "unfit".

• This is why we can't have experiments with live animals anymore.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Finally
    Some people really hack you off.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Dinosaurs. Amoebas (sic). Tomatoes. Humans.

Dinosaurs. Amoebas (sic). Tomatoes. Humans.

Is that the chain of command? Don't forget the black and white mammals. They're very important.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Circle of life maybe. Or half circle.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Octopodes, Squids, and Jellyfish
  • Dinosaurs. Amoebas (sic). Tomatoes. Humans.

Is that the new rock, paper, scissors? Dinosaurs step on amoebas, amoebas grow on tomatoes, tomatoes splat humans, humans hunt dinosaurs?