Your Bond Collection

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Impressive Gerry Anderson collection as well, @brinkeguthrie! I'm debating whether to buy myself the Scrambler.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Impressive Gerry Anderson collection as well, @brinkeguthrie! I'm debating whether to buy myself the Scrambler.

I had all the Gerry vehicles from Product Enterprise at one time- still have the Eagle and the Fireball. Anything can happen in the next half hour!
    My favourite is Stingray, the one that happened to be repeated at a critical point in my childhood I suppose! I love the trippy 60s fantasy of it and the design of Marineville. Also, Troy Tempest is quite the hottie.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    My favourite is Stingray, the one that happened to be repeated at a critical point in my childhood I suppose! I love the trippy 60s fantasy of it and the design of Marineville. Also, Troy Tempest is quite the hottie.

Tempest was modeled after James Garner the actor

Tempest was modeled after James Garner the actor

...that makes sense!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Would anyone be interested in a collection of Bond U.S. newspaper articles? These are from roughly 1983-1995.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    echo wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a collection of Bond U.S. newspaper articles? These are from roughly 1983-1995.

Yes, sounds right up my street.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    What's in the case?

52596876998_8fc95f4fb5_o.png
    52596616574_34564436a9_o.png

Not exactly Christmas, is it? No, it's a few days later.

Something I've been working on and off for ages, and a little tribute to 10 years of Skyfall!

52598225253_fd322fb5c4_o.png

One device for John Bryce, with production-accurate ticket which was in the envelope Q hands to him.
  • Hi all. I'm seriously considering buying a 4k player to replace my standard blu ray player. I would be grateful if anyone can confirm if it's worth the expense. Obviously the main reason for doing so is to upscale my Bond collection but I also quite fancy the new Godfather 50th 4k package as well. Any thoughts that could help make my mind up would be most appreciated.
    Hi all. I'm seriously considering buying a 4k player to replace my standard blu ray player. I would be grateful if anyone can confirm if it's worth the expense. Obviously the main reason for doing so is to upscale my Bond collection but I also quite fancy the new Godfather 50th 4k package as well. Any thoughts that could help make my mind up would be most appreciated.

No advice, but I'm struggling with that as well. The prices don't seem to be going down and my man cave blu player died about a year ago. I still have my older one, but I can't help but wonder about that option. I want the best but am not willing to necessarily rebuild my collection yet again. I'm also interested in thoughts.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited January 2023 Posts: 2,035
    If you already have a 4k display then it would be worthwhile upgrading the blu-ray player to a 4k one. At least that way you have the option to buy 4k discs if you want them, and all your existing blu-rays will be upscaled and look really nice.

Is it worth it? The value is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. If you want the best home cinema possible, then yes it is. The quality of the 4k discs is variable, as with blu-ray. Older films which have had a proper restoration look the best they ever will, as will new films which were filmed, edited and finished in 4k.

I think 4k blu-ray will be the last physical home video format, I cant forsee 8k taking off as the market in the main seems happy with blu-ray and streaming. As for rebuilding a collection, I’d be selective and only upgrade your favourite films to 4k blu -ray.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited January 2023 Posts: 1,006
    Added this wall print to my collection, if it counts. Now looking great in my guest bathroom.

il_570xN.1679409716_16p5.jpg

Regarding the 4K BluRay player, I think it’s a great long term investment because as others have said - it’s going to be able to play/upscale your old DVD’s and Blu-ray’s while also accommodating new 4K releases. In my opinion 4K will be the final stop for physical media as the human eye really can’t detect 8k unless it’s a massive screen and you’re quite close. Another feature I quite love about my 4K player is that it’s Bluetooth headphone compatible - can pull up my chair very close to the screen and enjoy immersive full sound with the headphones.
    That's a lovely print, @Junglist_1985! And a nice subtle Bond item.
    I appreciate the feedback, guys. I noticed during Black Friday sales, which are fewer at stores these days, that 4K discs were on par price-wise. I wouldn't mind having films with serious visual appeal like the Top Guns and heard 2001: A Space Odyssey was a transforming experience.

Lot of food for thought here.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    So what are you guys‘ thoughts or expectations concerning a new physical media Bond collection with all 25 films? I have had the thought for a while that I really want to own them physically. This whole digital rights and streaming business is starting to seem a bit unstable. But I also don’t really want to buy the current 24 film BluRay box and then they finally release the 25 in 4K a short while later and I’m all jealous.

So what do you think. Will this happen anytime in the near-ish future? And at what kind of price point will we most likely be looking at?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @ImpertinentGoon I cant help but think that if they were going to do it, the 60th anniversary would’ve been the time to do it.

As for pricing, I’d go £10 per film plus a nice box for them all, prices it at around £260-£280 RRP.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Our most likely bet for the next chance at a 4k set is now probably the next film's future home release, maybe, to solidify the new Bond in a collection.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    You think so? I was thinking they might do it in the run-up to the next film. In a „see everything that’s come before“ kind of way. But maybe you are right and they want to tie the new guy into it instead of saying „this is what he has to live up to“.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Just bought this in paperback...

9780141343396.jpg

My other copy, the Hardback, bought on publication day and is still in the red foil wrapping.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 13,879
    I got 007 The Armoury detailing all the firearms throughout the films, with photos of the actual props used on the productions. Also catalogues non-firearm guns such as spearguns, pitons as well as some of the more unique builds like the transparent 'x-ray' PPK from TND's title sequence and custom Ruger for TSWLM Seiko promo shots. This is the new edition book updated to include NTTD. The previous edition following SP on the left.

52642091798_171713c343_b.jpg

Recently scored a nice Mauser C96 replica which is of course the pistol Grant saves Bond's life with at the gypsy camp, seen at the SPECTRE training camp, on Q's gun wall in GF and was housed in the weapon tray under the seat of the DB5 tour cars back in the mid-60s. Like the film props, mine comes with a holster stock that slides onto the back of the Mauser's grip.

I already had a Mauser on its own but it was a cheap foam dart shooter modelled after an air-soft version, thus a fair bit inaccurate. To get a real nice older version complete with metal parts, actual Mauser logo on the side, interesting holster stock set-up and all for under a hundred bucks was one of my better buys.

52651957484_61c8dd99df_k.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just found these Top trumps in a charity shop...
    STL166731_1-1024x724.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have started collecting vinyl again, just found this...

onydm66.jpg
    3dwHVM5.jpg
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Even without a record player, I would have grabbed this. Happy listening!
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Even without a record player, I would have grabbed this. Happy listening!

It was only £3.50 the shop is closing down, its a shop used to buy records from 30 years ago. Cheers.
    Nice finds there. I need to add more vinyl, or as Dalton-Bond would say, "I could do with some plastic".
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,102
    QBranch wrote: »
    Nice finds there. I need to add more vinyl, or as Dalton-Bond would say, "I could do with some plastic".

Hopefully its the first of many, I had some great John Barry vinyl years ago James Bond scores to the Persuaders and numerous 7 inch singles from Bond and John Barry Seven.

Edited: Sounds great the Single is dated 1967, the Goldfinger track is Dawn Raid on Fort Knox.

CR67 always sounded better on vinyl, all I will say about Percy Faith... version of TB is its different lol

Nice!! I especially like 'Specially created for Carr's Sports Biscuits'!

Nice!! I especially like 'Specially created for Carr's Sports Biscuits'!

I was just looking for the single online I was curious if Carr's did a Bond themed packet of biscuits, I could not find anything. I still buy Carr's biscuits today, I like the cheese melts that they do.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    My very good and talented friend was kind enough to upgrade my custom Bond steelbooks, with LALD being the latest addition.
    image.jpeg.c2d5637d4d7e98d80cbef3fe7af3ecba.jpeg
    image.jpeg.f38de386619b3567684c8b8ff7d5f57d.jpeg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I’m very jealous.