Your most Bond-like experience.

Haven't all Bond fans at some time or another wanted to have a Bond experience? Maybe you saw something in a film
and said, "I am going to go there" or "I am going to do that." Maybe you've done several things. Sexual exploits aside, what Bond thing have you done or were inspired to do by one of the films?

For me, I saw the real GF Aston Martin on tour decades before it disappeared. And about fifty years later, I drove a real Aston on a racetrack. Not a DB5, but one with 007 markings.

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The first time I flew to NYC by myself it felt like a Bond adventure lol, I was going there for work so lots of suits. Also I was pretty afraid at the time I think, I’m afraid of flying and had never done it alone.

Related, I also took a flying lesson in a four seater which also felt like a pretty Bondian thing to do. As I flew over downtown Vancouver I did keep an eye open for any Janus syndicate satellite dishes.
    The closest I've ever been to Bond was in 2018, when I went to see the MI6 headquarters in London, near Vauxhall Bridge. I even went around the building's external wall, without being arrested, but pretty certain that I was watched by the numerous cameras there.

And of course, like anyone here with a cat, sometimes, when mine climbs on my knees, I pet her and say : "Good evening, Mr. Bond. So we meet again." And don't tell me you haven't done that, I won't believe you !
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Gerard wrote: »
    The closest I've ever been to Bond was in 2018, when I went to see the MI6 headquarters in London, near Vauxhall Bridge. I even went around the building's external wall, without being arrested, but pretty certain that I was watched by the numerous cameras there.

And of course, like anyone here with a cat, sometimes, when mine climbs on my knees, I pet her and say : "Good evening, Mr. Bond. So we meet again." And don't tell me you haven't done that, I won't believe you !
    I've also seen the place at Vauxhall Bridge, in 2011 and 2012. And I find it so ugly I truly wished they had really blown it up, not just in those movies. A real architectural atrocity.

And I never call any of my cats "Mr. Bond", since they are both female. I once considered to call one "Pussy Galore", but there was no fitting name for the other one. Believe me. [I didn't find a cat emoji in the list to appropriately finish this post.]

I did once drink a supposed Vesper Martini, however. And I sort of know someone who drives an Aston Martin.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I think the strangest Bond-inspired thing I've done was when I travelled to France last year for an open water swim at the Chateau de Chantilly, Zorin's hangout in AVTAK.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »

I've also seen the place at Vauxhall Bridge, in 2011 and 2012. And I find it so ugly I truly wished they had really blown it up, not just in those movies. A real architectural atrocity.

And I never call any of my cats "Mr. Bond", since they are both female. I once considered to call one "Pussy Galore", but there was no fitting name for the other one. Believe me. [I didn't find a cat emoji in the list to appropriately finish this post.]

I did once drink a supposed Vesper Martini, however. And I sort of know someone who drives an Aston Martin.

Octopussy and Pussy Galore