BOND 26. PTS ideas to introduce the new Bond.

Comments

I had this idea for the scene set in Canary Wharf on a quiet Sunday with a team of council workman in the street working on some drains etc and, separately, a pair of window cleaners (hence the gantry). As some top banker/VIP exists the tower building, the window cleaners turn out to be assasin/kidnappers and the street workers turn out to be under cover agents (inc Bond) and the set piece begins.
    I supposed it would present too much distracting humor - and confusion for those seeking some deeper meaning - were the gantry to have a name painted on, as with airplanes and boats. The name ? Elmer, of course.
    As for assassins on gantries, they'd need a quick getaway, so I'm thinking flying squirrel suits and they jump off.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    How about a homage to LALD (and possibly FRWL), only this time have the soon-to-be-dead 00 agents played by possible contenders for Bond: Henry Cavill and Idris Elba? Then cut to the new 007, whoever he may be...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    echo wrote: »
    How about a homage to LALD (and possibly FRWL), only this time have the soon-to-be-dead 00 agents played by possible contenders for Bond: Henry Cavill and Idris Elba? Then cut to the new 007, whoever he may be...

Sounds a bit like the Double-Os versus the SAS on Gibraltar in the TLD PTS too, right down to the agents being killed.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2022 Posts: 4,416
    You-Only-Live-Twice-790.jpginline_image_preview.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fit=crop&crop=top&max-h=8000&max-w=590&s=065b8aefaeaa084d0ebf43e86fff953f

Inspecialy inspyred by Yolt, QOS and NTTD (and The symbol in middle of Argentinia flag) Universal logo changed in white dots like NTDD and then opening to the light or Universal logo turn yellow first. With optional opening yelllow/white as it be sun rays (Smaller rays then grey/blue/snow opening of NTTD). In all cases it mean no shooting and again no blood.

Quantum-of-Solace-0066.jpgQuantum-of-Solace-0085.jpgSkyfall-1669.jpgSkyfall-0983.jpg
    The-Spy-Who-Loved-Me-0068.jpgFor-Your-Eyes-Only-0188.jpg
    2 other examples from two other Bond movies with same effect.

eco-park-fundraiser-cropped1.png

RS-Skyfall.jpg

I like to see Argentina be what Switzerland be for OHMSS. With both side of weather (Sunny and snow/cold) but a bit darker. Inspiration from TLD (PTS) and FYEO (Lair in greece at end) the ''villian lair'' locations will have mountain look. Other locations: England (minimal), Germany (and mabey Bolivia).

chess-5209995_960_720.jpg

image-asset.png?format=1000w

Spectre-0192.jpg

Brandenburger-Tor-Duitsland-Metalen-Tin-Teken-Muur-Poster-Plaque-Voor-Home-Kitchen-Bar-Koffie-Winkel-Brandenburger.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Kanye-Ripsaw-EV2.jpeg?quality=80

paragraph-6-under-berlin-1fbf.jpg

Germany: Black and white scene with Bond and Blofeld as stepbrothers with there father. I whant show how Bond Blofeld father be. Then we jump 21 years! forward.

2. Chase in Germany/Berlin like Goldeneye in St Pietersburg. One other thing i mabey like to see driving scene with Beetle cars with members of Quantum or/and Spectre who dropping green apples (like smiert spionm from tldl, the bullet from tmwtgg) after a killing. But can be something that also can be in middle in movie playing in Argentina so Bond can be in car too.

Starting in Germany is one of idea's. Other options (Not in any order of favorite):

3. Bolivia: Fire is going on, 2 famale chacters and male chacter are death on floor. Crying litle girl is taken out of house by mystery chacter. Then it is 21! years later. Possible be 1997 with girl be 21/22 so can be 33 in 2008. We going to see how he ''used'' her in plans whyle there also lovers and she wish she have to find her family killer. Later in movie after Bond is re-introduced the guy we get a litle bit more. We know who girl is and that mean we know already that she found killer. It will be NTTD over again because this is
    the story Camile told Bond in QOS.

4. England: Mi6. Moneypenny get phonecall from Felix: Lucia is taken from safehouse and Bond, M and Q goung to take a look it is a mess and only we see some footage from what happend. The nerves searching/dot machiene destroyd everthing and we see Blofeld enjoy it. This was more in line with first gunbarrel idea, but i cancel that.

5. Argentina: At lair, scenes i prefer later in the movie or use a part then and rest later. Means after titles the movie will tell story to that point before contuned. In later part when mysterious person is back Hinx wil return at this lear too. Remember Jaws and Hugo Drax. But then it turn out Hinx works for him all time and why he was at the meeting in Spectre.

6. Movie opens in a desert. After flashback we wil see new footage and after this we jump 21 years forward it is 2018. The movie wil play in 2008, 1997, 2018 and present time (2024 or 2025).

The 21 years forward is referenqce to real moment in time.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    As an Argentinian myself, i don't think any of my fellow compatriots would want any Britishs to step in our country at all.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    As an Argentinian myself, i don't think any of my fellow compatriots would want any Britishs to step in our country at all.

Why?

It's not a coincidence that Bond hasn't been to Argentina yet.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    MI6HQ wrote: »

Why?
    Ahem :-w .
    640px-Falkland-Islands-Terra-2011-01-23-250m.jpg
    MI6HQ wrote: »

Why?
    Ahem :-w .
    640px-Falkland-Islands-Terra-2011-01-23-250m.jpg

Ah okay.....
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Don't feel too badly about it, TheSkyfallen06 - us British came off worse in the long run. Thatcher was the most unpopular PM in British history before the Falklands and if it wasn't for the war, she'd definitely have been kicked out at the '83 election. The Falklands War led directly to Thatcher being in power til 1990 - so we definitely suffered a lot more than you did! ;)
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    edited November 2022 Posts: 554
    Venutius wrote: »
    Don't feel too badly about it, TheSkyfallen06 - us British came off worse in the long run. Thatcher was the most unpopular PM in British history before the Falklands and if it wasn't for the war, she'd definitely have been kicked out at the '83 election. The Falklands War led directly to Thatcher being in power til 1990 - so we definitely suffered a lot more than you did! ;)
    The economy's uptake and Labour's absolute state probably still would've kept her in office even without the Falklands, although with a much smaller majority.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    edited November 2022 Posts: 2,608
    (I've posted by mistake)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Tied to some global landmark. Bond on his own mission. Surprise complication. TWO showstopper stunts, the first as a teaser to the second. Mission accomplished.

Easy.

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    A sneaky stand alone mission, have him in shadow avoiding detection, in a fight to obscure his face and then finally when the mission is complete reveal his face as Bond #7
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    A sneaky stand alone mission, have him in shadow avoiding detection, in a fight to obscure his face and then finally when the mission is complete reveal his face as Bond #7

The PTS I have written is similar to this, the second half is a car chase from the villains perspective that culminates at Lovrijenac fortress in Dubrovnik where Bonds face is revealed.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Jordo007 wrote: »

The PTS I have written is similar to this, the second half is a car chase from the villains perspective that culminates at Lovrijenac fortress in Dubrovnik where Bonds face is revealed.

That sounds great mate. I'd definitely like them to go back to Croatia, it looks like such a beautiful place, it feels Bondian
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Thank you, it's part of a Bond story I'm writing. The PTS deals with MI6 intercepting an unknown package from Australia, ends with Bond throwing the henchman off the fortress into the Adriatic. The epilogue of the story picks up the perspective of this henchman and the package for a reveal at the end.

The guts of the story is a film adaption of Eidolon.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thank you, it's part of a Bond story I'm writing. The PTS deals with MI6 intercepting an unknown package from Australia, ends with Bond throwing the henchman off the fortress into the Adriatic. The epilogue of the story picks up the perspective of this henchman and the package for a reveal at the end.

Sounds great. Was Eidolon the one with the ski pole sniper rifle? You should let someone here do the fan art for your story.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,518
    QBranch wrote: »

Sounds great. Was Eidolon the one with the ski pole sniper rifle? You should let someone here do the fan art for your story.

I plan to have @mtm do as much of the art for it as possible, lol

No, there was no ski pole sniper rifle. Eidolon was the one with Beckett Hawkwood, Box Tunnel, Cadence Birdwhistle, the Turkish secret service (MIT), etc.

The plot (as I intend to adjust it) is Hawkwood is trying to put together a private secret intelligence service, available to the highest bidder and not tied to any governments, and he's recruiting from currently operating secret agencies from around the world (MI6, MI5, and the CIA included).

There's quite a bit of good dialogue, and many good scenes, worth keeping, but I think there's a lot to jettison too. In the graphic novel, Eidolon (the name of Hawkwood's operation) is a cell of SPECTRE stay-behinds, which will not be the case in the film.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Ah cool, I haven't read that one yet, maybe I'll go through it this weekend. Looking forward to seeing more of your project!
    The PTS of Bond 26:

Bond wakes up in shadows, a female form next to him.

Bond: I had the oddest dream. There were missiles to my face, I had a daughter, M died, Blofeld was my brother, and strangest of all, I was blond!

We see Bond's face. It's Brosnan.

Woman: You always have nightmares when we sleep on the diamonds, baby.

The woman leans in toward him. It's Jinx.

Smash cut to titles and the latest ballad by Dame Shirley Bassey:

Jinxes are Forever.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 3,382
    PTS for Bond 26:

Bond would visit Tracy's grave for the second time, this time, it's different, he's quite wet and there's some bloodstains spread all over his suit.

It's raining and it's night, it's just a silhouette of Bond's image, with the raindrops washing away the blood from his hands, dropping to the ground.

Bond looked quite shattered and the sense of violence is oozing over his unseen look.

He tried to bend and kneel towards the ground, his bloodied hand put a rose at her tombstone, and he also puts down the ring that's been used in their marriage.

Music kicks off as the camera zooms into ring sitting on the ground.

Title Sequence, Shirley Bassey's No Good About Goodbyes theme.

Return to the old continuity starting with the supposed revenge sequel.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    PTS for B26… Something like TLD. Throw him into an exciting scenario off the hop. We don’t need a proper introduction, we know who we’ve come to watch.

Now let’s see him in action.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 2,752
    To be fair introducing the next Bond is important for audiences, and how they do this depends upon the next actor's interpretation of the role and the film itself. It's something to keep in mind with the PTS (if Bond is even revealed at all during it) because while viewers know who James Bond is, they need to get used to this version of James Bond.

For example, Craig's Bond was tougher, more grounded than his predecessor, so they went with a more Film Noir style PTS involving him killing two people. We didn't even get a particularly slow or stylised build up to his Bond (save for the black and white), just a single line before he's seen at the desk. No slow face reveal etc. Again, it suited Craig's Bond and allowed viewers to understand who his version of the character was.

Brosnan's introduction was more comedic, with his Bond being revealed in a toilet stall after a cool stunt. The face reveal was slower, more classic than Craig's in that sense. It wouldn't have been right for Craig's Bond and would have given us a different impression of him, but after the Dalton era viewers would have found the humour and spectacle refreshing, a new take on the classic Bond almost. Again, it allowed audiences to understand who Brosnan's Bond was.

So no, you can't necessarily just have an action scene and throw the next Bond into it (unless it works for that version of Bond that is). The PTS itself needs to hook the viewer from the get go, give us an idea of what to expect from the next Bond and the movie itself and, I suspect at least, introduce some key plot ideas.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2022 Posts: 5,834
    I suppose another interesting question for the pre-title sequence of Bond 26 is whether Bond fails or succeeds.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    All do that with your fingers round your eye. I am Roger Moore. Bang! Blood dribbles down. We're on a submarine. Two sailors sit down and have a game of chess. Then the cups start wobbling and then a man who used to be in "The Onedin Line" comes in and goes, "Why are the cups wobbling? What's going on?" And then... yeah, you can stop doing that now. And then he peers down the periscope thing and looks through it and goes, "Oh my God. The submarine's being eaten by a a giant tanker." And then we cut to Moscow. And there's a man there and he's Russian - he's got eyebrows, you know - and he's on the phone going, "What, a whole submarine? You're joking! I'm gonna have to tell some other Russians. See ya!" Right, and then, and then, it cuts to James - Roger Moore - and er, yes, he's with a lady. Yeah. Yeah. He's, he's necking with her. And he goes, "I've got to go, love. Something's come up."

Anyway, then he, he, he puts on his underpants and his ski suit and he gets on his skis and he starts skiing. And he's being chased by these Russian shits in black jumpsuits with lemon piping. And, er, he's just skiing along like that, and they start shooting at him, and he goes, "Right! I've had enough of that! Just stop it!" And he turns round with his gun and then he does a backward somersault off this ramp, and he, he lands on his feet - I'm not sure why, but he's not showing off. And then, then he goes over a cliff and he's falling and you think, oh God, James Bond's going to die! He's going to die! But then at the last minute...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @007HallY ... I don't have to get used to him in a seven or eight minute opener. Once the excitement from the PTS is complete, the new song plays, the action on the other side will pace itself and I will have the next two hours to get "used to this" Bond.

Have him in an exciting PTS, whatever tone that takes, and it'll tell us all we need to know about the new 007.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 2,752
    peter wrote: »
    @007HallY ... I don't have to get used to him in a seven or eight minute opener. Once the excitement from the PTS is complete, the new song plays, the action on the other side will pace itself and I will have the next two hours to get "used to this" Bond.

Have him in an exciting PTS, whatever tone that takes, and it'll tell us all we need to know about the new 007.

The introduction still counts. This is James Bond, not just a run of the mill action hero. The way the next Bond is first seen onscreen has to have the right impact, whether it's in the context of a big action sequence or something more low key like the CR PTS. Like I said, each Bond has had an introduction which has been tailored to them in some way (except perhaps Lazenby, which was very much in the mould of Connery's introduction), giving us an idea of what kind of Bond they are, playing to the actor's strengths etc. So I see no reason why this won't be the case with Bond 26.
  • echo wrote: »
    The PTS of Bond 26:

Bond wakes up in shadows, a female form next to him.

Bond: I had the oddest dream. There were missiles to my face, I had a daughter, M died, Blofeld was my brother, and strangest of all, I was blond!

We see Bond's face. It's Brosnan.

Woman: You always have nightmares when we sleep on the diamonds, baby.

The woman leans in toward him. It's Jinx.

Smash cut to titles and the latest ballad by Dame Shirley Bassey:

Jinxes are Forever.

Please don’t joke about such horrible things.