Your favourite piece of Bond music/sums up Bond for you

For me it's Bond steals the Lektor.

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    That's a hard one to decide on. I won't right now. Though your choice has a good chance to be mine.
  • Bond w/ Bongos from FRWL. It’s a solid contender for my favorite rendition of The James Bond Theme.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited October 2022 Posts: 3,382
    I have many in mind, like 007 Theme (preferably, FRWL), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (TB), The Golden Gate Bridge Fight (AVTAK), and the Escape From Piz Gloria (OHMSS).

But I think, I'll give this one to The Ski Chase/Union Jack theme (TSWLM), the music has got it all, Bondness, cool, action, adventure, suave, and etc.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,105
    For Sir Sean....
    Under Water Mayhem

1:58 this segment is Bond greatness.

George...
    This Never Happened to the Other Fellow

For Sir Roger...
    Tresspassers will be Eaten

Timothy Dalton...
    Exercise in Gibraltar

I love the sky dive scene and music.

Brosnan...
    Hamburg Break in

Love this scene and theme.

Craig...
    Target Terminated

I could easily have chosen Message From an Old Friend

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,518
    For some reason The Wedding from YOLT jumps into my mind. Not sure it really sums up Bond, but it is an outstanding piece of music.
    From the Craig era, I’d say Modigliani; intrigue, suspenseful, enigmatic, sensual, classy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    For me the GoldenEye tank chase music.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Murdock wrote: »

Yes, it's very good. The one part Eric Serra didn't score I understand.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Indeed. What Serra handed in disappointed the people in charge greatly. That unused track is on the GE soundtrack, though, if you want to listen to it.
  • I’d say I have one I associate with each Bond

Connery

Lazenby

Roger Moore

Timothy Dalton

Pierce Brosnan

Daniel Craig
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Indeed. What Serra handed in disappointed the people in charge greatly. That unused track is on the GE soundtrack, though, if you want to listen to it.

I have it somewhere (found it in a charity shop some years ago I believe) but I still need to listen to it in full. Didn't know that his unused track was on there to be honest, but it makes sense that it is.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2022 Posts: 23,105
    This awesome remix...

Listened to this hundreds of times, incredible.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I am humming this to myself on the ski slope, nothing evokes the grandiose Bond feeling better than this piece of music.

• ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    For me it's the opening bars of Another Way to Die. Hate the song if you want, but it starts with an ass kick of top-shelf Bondage.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2022 Posts: 4,416
    Sean Connery

I am known as GF underrated/AVTAK overrated but the pts of GF is my second favorite 60's opening of Bond movie. Overall i hate music of GF and TB.

End credits of Yolt. Short version of title song.

George Lazenby:

Barry John Barry. TLD, OHMSS and Octopussy favorite of him!!. My favorite 60's opening of Bond movie. He inproves him self with OHMSS, but after it Barry take steps back to GF style with DAF, MR and only inprove a bit with TMWTGG. My 4th choose will possible be AVTAK followd by TMWTGG.

Roger Moore:

In 2010 visit Greece. A litle moment think i have seen Daniel Craig from outside of bus we where in. But i doubt he or crew just be there almoost 9hr from Athene (In total it take 14hrs include flying and 1hr of time difrence) Of course then half September 2010 don't know Skyfall going to take place in Greece, whyle Sam Mendes already be confirmd since December 2009.

Very underrated.

Timothy Dalton:

Note a Bond song, but must always think about TLD with Elton John Nikita

Pierce Brosnan:

Show Me The Money/Come on 007 Your Time is Up. Track 2 and 3 from the Soundtrack. Second part is also heard as background music Regio 2 SE DVD. It is nice Bond theme based track, but there should have quite using parts of it with end credits after CR or mabey even after DAD. Because it also be part of the end credits of Skyfall and Spectre.

Track 11 from soundtrack: Back Seat Driver. Whyle it is music of PTS, i always feel it more it belongs to Hamburg Break In/Out tracks. Like the track name Breadcrumps from SF feels more like it belongs to Hans & Grietje (M and Kincade) Flashlight scene whyle music is used with Q as part of Silva's escape .

Daniel Craig:

Time To Get Out. 7 years later after movie back in 2015 i was in the buss who drive upstairs.

Finaly after Twine David Arnold inprove him selfs again with score of QOS.

Even when there is no music was just preview of what we get with L'American and silence at meeting in Spectre.

• SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited November 2022 Posts: 1,282
    This awesome remix...

Listened to this hundreds of times, incredible.

I agree. I've lost count myself. I listen to it frequently.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Not a song but a Bond video I’ve watched countless times:

Turns into a bit of a Skyfall trailer but it’s so well put together.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Backseat Driver and KD Lang from TND
  • EmilioLargoEmilioLargo Dublin, Ireland
    It would be a toss-up between Fight at Kobe Dock from YOLT, To hell with Blofeld from DAF or pursuit at Port Au Prince from QOS.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So many to choose from, wow. But I'm going for Bond's Journey to Piz Gloria. It doesn't contain the Bond Theme, but it incorporates all the beauty of Barry's strings which, to me, have defined Bond.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Big, bold, exciting. Bond.