CANCELLED - A Matter Of Death - A James Bond Story

TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
edited October 2022 in Fan Creations Posts: 975
6wo0hx.jpg
After the mysterious assasination of two MI6 agents under suspicious circumstanses, secret agent James Bond OO7 will have to travel to Hong Kong to figure out what actually happened.

The rain covered the streets of Hong Kong that night, it seemed to have no intention of stopping, but for OO7, that didn't matter at all, he wasn't there for vacation, no, he was there for another reason, a life or death reason, as always.
He had already been informed about it, approximately at ten and a half o' clock pm of October 13th, Richard Dougson, OO3, was found dead on the hotel he hospedated during an investigation to an excentric Chinese billionaire Sir Orson Lee Cheng, whom it was suspected he was vinculated to terrorist groups, a detailed investigation confirmed Dougson had been poisoned, the MI6 then sent Andrew Bronson, OO9, to investigate what had happened to OO3, but he was found dead two days later, from the same cause of death, poisoning.
Bond already had his instructions, as soon as he arrived, he would have to wait for someone to pick him up, a man called Kaeng Chang.
He rested on one of the columns at the airport entrance and began to wait, about half an hour later a black GR Yaris parked at the entrance and the driver lowered the window.
"Mr. Bond?".
"You're late".
"I got stuck in traffic, come on, get in".
Bond got into the car and they drove off.
"Where to?".
"The Four Seasons Hotel".
"Hmm, good taste, i see".
"Ehh, i still prefer The Peninsula".
"Oh, yeah, that one's good too".
"I already booked a room for you". Told Chang to him when they got to the hotel.
"It's the number seventy three".
"Wow, how considerate, first you come to pick me up at the airport and now you book a room for me"
"Ehh, its not a big deal".
Bond and Cheng entered the hotel and went to the reception, there Bond asked one of the receptionists.
"嗯,对不起?". <Uhh, excuse me?>
"它是吗?". <Yes?>
"朋友给我订了房间,我来取。". <My friend booked a room for me, i came to take it>

CANCELLED

Comments

Nice. I like Bond stories about other 00 agents (we don't have enough of them in the series in my opinion). Don't usually see much fan fiction/creations on this site. Would love to read.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Interesting, I am curious as to how it proceeds.

(If I may be a bit critical as well - you could improve on readability by shortening your sentences, if that second sentence is an indication of what is to come. Also, as a non-native speaker, the words "hospedated" and "vinculated" were completely new to me.)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    zebrafish wrote: »

(If I may be a bit critical as well - you could improve on readability by shortening your sentences, if that second sentence is an indication of what is to come. Also, as a non-native speaker, the words "hospedated" and "vinculated" were completely new to me.)

They were new words to me too, though I think the first you mention is actually a Spanish word.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

They were new words to me too, though I think the first you mention is actually a Spanish word.

Turns out i'm from an specific South American country which UK had met in 1982...

Turns out i'm from an specific South American country which UK had met in 1982...

Yes, I thought you were from somewhere where they spoke Spanish given the Bond film title translations and the upside down question marks. :)
    UPDATE:
    Cancelled Due To Lack Of Ideas.
    UPDATE:

What? Purvis and Wade? When?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It's a bit like all four of my unfinished Bond stories. A whisper of death, a matter of fate.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 17,728
    QBranch wrote: »
    It's a bit like all four of my unfinished Bond stories. A whisper of death, a matter of fate.

I have quite a few unfinished non-fiction Bond articles on my PC hard drive, some have been there for 15 years while others have been there for 10 years. I will probably get them completed at some stage and have made fresh notes on them over the years. There is one on Colonel Sun I'd like to get completed as I first started writing it back in 2012.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

I have quite a few unfinished non-fiction Bond articles on my PC hard drive, some have been there for 15 years while others have been there for 10 years. I will probably get them completed at some stage and have made fresh notes on them over the years. There is one on Colonel Sun I'd like to get completed as I first started writing it back in 2012.

@Dragonpol: I, for one, would be interested in reading them.

As for the unfortunate thread starter, I'm reminded of a poem by German poet Joachim Ringelnatz, written in 1912, about two ants intending to travel from Hamburg to Australia. On the first leg of their journey (in Altona, then just outside but by now part of Hamburg as well) their legs hurt, and they "wisely" relinquished the rest of their journey.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

@Dragonpol: I, for one, would be interested in reading them.

As for the unfortunate thread starter, I'm reminded of a poem by German poet Joachim Ringelnatz, written in 1912, about two ants intending to travel from Hamburg to Australia. On the first leg of their journey (in Altona, then just outside but by now part of Hamburg as well) their legs hurt, and they "wisely" relinquished the rest of their journey.

Thanks, @j_w_pepper. That's good motivation for me to get them finished. I hope to get some more of the Colonel Sun one done during what's left of this year. The unfinished articles on my PC are pretty much all on literary Bond topics.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 8,657
    Thanks, @j_w_pepper. That's good motivation for me to get them finished. I hope to get some more of the Colonel Sun one done during what's left of this year. The unfinished articles on my PC are pretty much all on literary Bond topics.
    Fine, and thanks for your reply. Just notify me when you publish them, please.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    UPDATE:

I don’t know if anyone has said this already @TheSkyfallen06 … but did you figure out the ending to your idea? If you can figure out your ending, then no matter where you get lost in the writing of the story, at least you can drive a narrative towards that end.

Also character bios can really help.
    peter wrote: »
    UPDATE:

I don’t know if anyone has said this already @TheSkyfallen06 … but did you figure out the ending to your idea? If you can figure out your ending, then no matter where you get lost in the writing of the story, at least you can drive a narrative towards that end.

Also character bios can really help.
    That's the point, i had no idea of which direction to go, i inspired myself by the cancelled The Property Of A Lady drafts, while also trying to give my own spin to it, but then, i realized it was harder than i thought, so I decided to leave it there, i might write a new Bond story in the future, but i'll do it when i get better at writing stories.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @TheSkyfallen06 … practice every day (private journals, short stories etc), and read your favourite authors to see how they develop the structure to their stories.

My advice is to always figure out the idea, and how that idea would end, then; outline what the story may look like by breaking it into three chunks (the beginning, middle and end— which you’ve already figured out); the beginning will be about introducing plot and main characters, the middle is where all the juicy obstacles hit and your hero really tested, the end will be your climax and resolution.

Then write detailed bios.

Then I’d suggest having fun and write the first draft.

Good luck!

You’ll be fine!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    peter wrote: »
    @TheSkyfallen06 … practice every day (private journals, short stories etc), and read your favourite authors to see how they develop the structure to their stories.

My advice is to always figure out the idea, and how that idea would end, then; outline what the story may look like by breaking it into three chunks (the beginning, middle and end— which you’ve already figured out); the beginning will be about introducing plot and main characters, the middle is where all the juicy obstacles hit and your hero really tested, the end will be your climax and resolution.

Then write detailed bios.

Then I’d suggest having fun and write the first draft.

Good luck!

You’ll be fine!

Great tips.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 17,728
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Fine, and thanks for your reply. Just notify me when you publish them, please.

Yes, I certainly will, @j_w_pepper. I'll send you a PM with the blog link when I get the first one completed. I think that'll be the Colonel Sun one. It should be something a bit different from me. It's an idea I've had in my notebook since 2008 and which I initially started writing up in February 2012.