SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've been highly anticipating 'Lincoln' for months and months now: an incredible actor and director pairing.
    I don't think I have to remind us all how big Skyfall will be if that certain ceremony opening actually happens.

Like, nearly what, a Billion people will be watching? I M A G I N E
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,368
    Uh-ohh...it looks like Fred Willard has pulled a Pee-Wee Herman, and he was caught with his pants down in an adult movie theater last night in Hollywood:
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/19/fred-willard-arrested-masturbating/
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Uh-ohh...it looks like Fred Willard has pulled a Pee-Wee Herman, and he was caught with his pants down in an adult movie theater last night in Hollywood:
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/19/fred-willard-arrested-masturbating/

Come again!!!!!!!
    Hahah. This really can't be the best PR for him.
    Germanlady wrote:

Stupid. Star Wars and Star Trek got into the final 4, but no Indiana Jones?!

Still, cool to see Bond and Batman up there in the final.
    Germanlady wrote:

Then vote!!! ;)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I don't think I have to remind us all how big Skyfall will be if that certain ceremony opening actually happens.

Like, nearly what, a Billion people will be watching? I M A G I N E

I'm not sure it's going to have any effect at all, really. The Olympics start in July, the film not until late Oct/early Nov. That's actually a huge gap, pop culture-wise.

Never, under any circumstances, underestimate the shortness of the average American's memory or attention span.

Movie Bytes : Skyfall to Dr No - James Bond 50 Interview : Beyond The Trailer

Germanlady wrote:
    Movie Bytes : Skyfall to Dr No - James Bond 50 Interview : Beyond The Trailer

• edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Then vote!!! ;)

I did! I voted for Star Wars over Star Trek, never seen either but Star Wars looks cooler.

And sorry Batman, you kick arse and everything, but it's James Bond, nothing can beat him.
    VERY pleased to hear this. (Sorry, couldn't find the Tattoo thread)

Updates on '21 Jump Street,' 'MiB,' 'Dragon Tattoo' Sequels & More

[....]Finally, fans of Stieg Larsson's novels that started with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and hit the big screen courtesy of The Social Network director David Fincher, might be pleased to hear that Columbia has decided to move forward with the sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire. Belgrad apparently said they're "pushing ahead" with the sequel, but it's not clear if Fincher is returning to direct. Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are already slated to return, and a script from Steve Zailian is already complete (along with a screenplay for the third installment, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest). The film wasn't a runaway hit at the box office, but apparently it found a big enough audience to warrant the sequel. Stay tuned for more on these sequels and other projects as updates become available.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/updates-on-21-jump-street-mib-dragon-tattoo-sequels-more/
    Germanlady wrote:
    VERY pleased to hear this. (Sorry, couldn't find the Tattoo thread)

Updates on '21 Jump Street,' 'MiB,' 'Dragon Tattoo' Sequels & More

[....]Finally, fans of Stieg Larsson's novels that started with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and hit the big screen courtesy of The Social Network director David Fincher, might be pleased to hear that Columbia has decided to move forward with the sequel, The Girl Who Played with Fire. Belgrad apparently said they're "pushing ahead" with the sequel, but it's not clear if Fincher is returning to direct. Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are already slated to return, and a script from Steve Zailian is already complete (along with a screenplay for the third installment, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest). The film wasn't a runaway hit at the box office, but apparently it found a big enough audience to warrant the sequel. Stay tuned for more on these sequels and other projects as updates become available.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/updates-on-21-jump-street-mib-dragon-tattoo-sequels-more/

Me and my better half are gonna watch Dragon Tattoo tomorrow night! Really looking forward to it too! So this is good news assuming we enjoy this movie? ;)
    @Germanlady, I love you very much for bringing me this incredible news, haha.

@RogueAgent, it is excellent news, as all three books do manage to tie in together at parts, so it was always going to feel 'empty' if we only had one filmed. Be warned, though, it is overly dark and sexual at times.
    Cheers Creasy47! Yeah i have heard that the film content is pretty full on? But it is a movie we are looking forward to finally viewing! Not read the books but have heard so many good things about them.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Cheers Creasy47! Yeah i have heard that the film content is pretty full on? But it is a movie we are looking forward to finally viewing! Not read the books but have heard so many good things about them.

Cheers! Yeah, it's incredibly in your face and no-holds-barred, that's for sure. Just try not to let it drive you away from enjoying the movie; it truly is incredible, and that's all it is: a movie. You've nothing to worry about, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    2 and 3 are dark and have some cruelty, but they are not overly sexual anymore...I have always preferred especially part 2 to book 1.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Cheers! Yeah, it's incredibly in your face and no-holds-barred, that's for sure. Just try not to let it drive you away from enjoying the movie; it truly is incredible, and that's all it is: a movie. You've nothing to worry about, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I'm sure we will enjoy it, will let you know our thoughts on it over the weekend at somepoint? Will remind my girlfriend though that there will be some disturbing scene's in the film.
    @RogueAgent, please do, I always love hearing other people's opinions on the film. It's not incredibly overly-sexualized, it's just that there are two or three graphic scenes. Other than that, it isn't that bad.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, please do, I always love hearing other people's opinions on the film. It's not incredibly overly-sexualized, it's just that there are two or three graphic scenes. Other than that, it isn't that bad.

ok, will do. We our both pretty open minded in terms of movie content. Should be a great watch and will certainly let you know what we think?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,044
    The best thing with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is too see all those actors try to behave like Swedes. Like when they prounounce names of people and citys. It comes along as quite funny for someone who speaks Swedish ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Where is the news regarding the other two films? It's a bit of a non-update, no?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Where is the news regarding the other two films? It's a bit of a non-update, no?

This is the link Germanlady posted:

It confirms it, but I'm not sure what the source of that is. No statement was given.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazing-spider-man-marc-webb-sequel-351195

That's the original article and all it does is mention the film in the heading. Nothing in the article itself. We need something more concrete than that before we start jumping up and down.

They're pushing ahead with the films - great, we've known that since January. Let's hope someone quizzes Craig during the Skyfall promotion.
    Somebody posted a link a few weeks ago that said they had decided to not move along with the films, and now this. I don't know what to believe, it's all contradicting. I am excited at even the thought of it possibly moving forward, but I'll wait until we get something more concrete.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Somebody posted a link a few weeks ago that said they had decided to not move along with the films.

Do you have that link at hand?
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,368
    @Samuel001, I don't recall where it was posted. Most of the articles I'm looking up talk about the sequels moving forward, but they were in January. I can't seem to find anything more recent than March, and it's essentially speaking on the same terms.

I would check the IMDB forums for any more links, as that's probably the best bet, but I'm still avoiding TDKR spoilers. You never know where they will decide to leak out the ending.
    There weas only one recent report about it and that said, it might be in production hell but there was nothing, that said, they were definitely NOT going to do it.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazing-spider-man-marc-webb-sequel-351195

That's the original article and all it does is mention the film in the heading. Nothing in the article itself. We need something more concrete than that before we start jumping up and down.

They're pushing ahead with the films - great, we've known that since January
    . Let's hope someone quizzes Craig during the Skyfall promotion.

Thing is, in January, they hoped for it to make 300 Mill. That he is repeating it now is - for me - the sign, they gonna do them.