EON's plans to celebrate 60th anniversary

13»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2022 Posts: 40,368
    It's a great documentary, pretty inexplicable that it's no longer available for streaming anywhere.

Past "sailing the high seas," you'll have to rent or purchase it. That's disappointing.
    The price of those amazing Pin Ball machines has left me gutted! Would have dearly loved to have had one of those!!! :-O
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited October 2022 Posts: 2,032
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    The price of those amazing Pin Ball machines has left me gutted! Would have dearly loved to have had one of those!!! :-O

I had a play on both (they had them in the foyer for the BFI screenings). Suffice to say, they are incredibly detailed, so those who can afford them are in for a treat.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sadly, Mrs Columbo would never go for it:

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Mrs. Columbo always made a lot of sense. I don't need any of that stuff. I'm happy with my BD versions of the existing Bond movies, and my paperback versions of the Fleming (and a few of the other) novels. No need for any merchandising items whatsoever. Thanks, but no thanks - anniversary or not.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Mrs. Columbo always made a lot of sense. I don't need any of that stuff. I'm happy with my BD versions of the existing Bond movies, and my paperback versions of the Fleming (and a few of the other) novels. No need for any merchandising items whatsoever. Thanks, but no thanks - anniversary or not.

You know, I'm much the same. I like to have the films on DVD/Blu-ray and editions of all the Bond novels including the continuations. Add to that, any books and magazines on the literary and film Bond. I don't generally go in for the merchandise unless it's a little vintage trinket such as the Lotus Espit toy car or small Moonraker shuttle I may happen to find on my travels. I tend to stick to the bread-and-butter Bond items like the books and films. Anything else is a bonus really when my meagre bank account allows it.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    My treasured items are my Jack Skyfall bulldog, my 3 Q Mugs (the Scrabble one, a new one with new "Q" logo, from NTTD, and the periodic table one) the new gold DB5 from Corgi, and my Marks & Spencer DB5. I have all the 007 books I know of, Gardner, Benson, Moneypenny and others, on my Paperwhite. The 1960s paperbacks literally disintegrated.
    Mallory wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I had a play on both (they had them in the foyer for the BFI screenings). Suffice to say, they are incredibly detailed, so those who can afford them are in for a treat.

Consider me very jealous! :(( :(( :(( :))
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Wow! This is really good. It makes me even more hungry for Bond 26.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Animating the production drawings and sketches is a beautiful idea, how lovely.

On the merch side, I realise these are mega-expensive, but I love the playful sense of fun about the design of them. More Bond merch should be like this:

https://007store.com/collections/montegrappa

DD12-144897_800x.jpg?v=1673270886
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited January 2023 Posts: 3,382
    How much? The 007 store is notorious for expensive, over priced items 😅
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Definitely the kind of merch I'm into, but that price boggles the mind. I hope they don't sell.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2023 Posts: 14,861
    Posh pens are like posh watches though: mega money because some guys are really into them.

But I'd love to see this kind of thinking in other 007 products: hidden things and double uses. It's so nice- cufflinks inside a pen are a real bit of fun.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd just love to see some slightly affordable Bond merch for once. Pretty much everything I've seen marketed or displayed in emails and articles in the last couple of years end up being wildly overpriced and exclusively for a very niche subset of fans.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Probably by design. I think Eon view Bond as a prestige film series, so they want that reflected. I don’t think want to be lumped in with the merchandise overkill franchises we see like with Disney. Like this stupid Death Star popcorn maker.

61trrkzKYNL.jpg

I don’t typically collect merch anyway, so even if Eon made cheaper products I wouldn’t bite. They’ve only ever made two things I wanted to collect: their Aston Martin Lego set, and a Christmas ornament.

james-bond-family-crest-christmas-tree-decoration-decoration-tinker-tailor-342847_600x.jpg?v=1669125258

81fdkBKAx0L.jpg