Creed - Rocky franchise spin off.

13»

Comments

• edited July 2022 Posts: 2,594
    Librarian wrote: »
    Stallone not appearing in Creed III 🥊

Creed III without Rocky bothers me a lot. It's like french fries without salt. This is not the same.
    I'm counting on even a small cameo appearance.

I’m just not as interested in seeing Creed III without Sly.

I’m not sure how necessary a Rocky prequel is.

I enjoy all the Rocky films but the first, second and sixth are easily the best.

Yeah, a Mickey spin off would be great.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I am following with interest Stallone on Instagram. Great account to follow normally, but now with the public feud between Stallone and Winkler and his family is quite fascinating. I hope that they respect Stallone's wishes and stop with spin-offs of spin-offs.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,102
    New Creed III Posters Showcase Michael B. Jordan Vs. Jonathan Majors
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/new-creed-3-posters-michael-b-jordan-vs-jonathan-majors/
    Creed-3-Poster.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Confirms a shift to March 3rd as well. I knew this wasn't coming out in 2022 without a trailer by now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2022 Posts: 14,861
    I thought the first one was brilliant but that trailer's leaving me a little cold (what's the beef between them? I didn't quite get it- this fella just randomly hates Creed?). At least Coogler was involved with the story I guess.
    Looks very good! Could be my favorite installment of this spinoff series yet.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Quite funny when he mentions Bianca (we see Bianca), his dad Apollo (we see Apollo's grave), he mentions Rocky (we see... nothing) :))
    Sly really wasn't involved!
    Creed 3 looks great, Creed's adversary this time is played by a good actor so there will be more depth to the story, certainly more that Creed 2.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Visually doesn't look as good as the other two, though it would probably be unfair to expect Jordan to be as strong as Coogler on that front.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Coogler only directed the first one though.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Okay, well that's less complimentary than it was intended to be then.
    I'm getting some Rocky III vibes with eye of the tiger. Except a more personal angle since this person is from his past. Not sure I would head out to a cinema to see it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creed 4 is in the works ; Michael B Jordan to direct once again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • peterpeter Toronto

Oof, that did hurt. A vocal, oh no, when I read this. I thought he was incredibly charismatic and his portrayal of Creed was so incredibly real and consistent, no matter how different the four films he starred in were.

And he was remarkably funny in Happy Gilmore… And a great company man in Predator… Always loved when he’d pop up.

Damn…

That really took me off guard then, gutting. Don’t usually get too affected by celebrity deaths but Rocky’s been my favourite film since I was a kid. RIP. Just off to the pub now, and I’m going to make sure I drink something American.

• peterpeter Toronto

That really took me off guard then, gutting. Don’t usually get too affected by celebrity deaths but Rocky’s been my favourite film since I was a kid. RIP. Just off to the pub now, and I’m going to make sure I drink something American.

That’s great @thelivingroyale … ! Cheers to you.
    edited February 3 Posts: 23,102
    I broke down when I heard Carl had died, though it's been a tough week. He is a legend that will never be forgotten. The Rocky films were amazing and will forever be my go to for inspiration.

This scene hits hard,,,
    Great scene! Burgess Meredith was a great actor you believed he was Mickey! Never mind his portrayal of the Penguin in the Batman TV series.

Thanks for sharing @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    edited March 8 Posts: 23,102
    thedove wrote: »
    Great scene! Burgess Meredith was a great actor you believed he was Mickey! Never mind his portrayal of the Penguin in the Batman TV series.

Thanks for sharing @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Brilliant actor he was the roles he played, his portrayal of the Penguin is arguably the best live action Batman villain. I think Burgess is amazing in Batman The Movie, especially the scene when he is trying to dupe Batman and Robin as the commodore its hilarious..
    I have heard rumours Stallone may appear at Wrestlemania 40 which is in Philidelphia. It would be awesome if Sly walked out to ring with the Rocky theme playing.