Favorite Bond Documentary?

edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,092
I just watched one I had never seen before, Bond-The True Story. Iinteresting story about things I had never heard about Ian Fleming. Here is part one:

Favorites to share?

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I personally like The James Bond Story. It's pretty interesting and I wish they can update it with DAD and the DC films.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @The_Preacher I have altered your thread title from 'Doc' to 'Documentary, simply because I was on the verge of insisting the best Bond Doc was Doc No. ;-)
    For me the best Bond docs are the ´Inside´ documentaries on the SE DVDs. Lots of info, extremely entertainingly packaged. Even if I don´t feel like watching a film, I just need 5min of the ´Inside´ documentary, and I get the impression that particular film is the pinnacle of filmmaking ;-) .
    Quoting AgentJamesBond007: wish they can update
    i wish they can update all Bond documentaries.i like the documentary about the Bond girls :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    From Script To Screen found on Die Another Day is fantastic. Though I wish it'd begin from the end of the previous film right up through the post-production of the film it was covering.

I really hope something like that is being done again as it's so informative going through the process a month at a time.

I mean, look what Peter Jackson did for The Lord of the Rings and no doubt The Hobbit - great special features there.

EON can do the same - I just wish they would.

Rant over. ;-)
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    30 years of james bond from 1992 (obviously). It was a UK tv 1 hour special after the network premiere of TLD.. with some great interviews and the first time that the behind the scenes stories really came out. Even Sean Connery took part!

heres the link:

Also The South Bank Show special from 2008 , brilliant:

hers the link:

Enjoy folks!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love to watch Bond docs, and have seen so many it is hard to find new ones to watch. I haven't seen anything about the HaphazardStuff docs. They are self made videos by a very knowledgable Bond fan, and give a lot of great information that you would never think of knowing. He covers Connery to Brosnan and will probably do Craig sooner or later. Here is the link to the videos:

http://haphazardstuff.com/TheBondSeries.html

I hope you enjoy them and if you give them a watch, let me know your thoughts.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Also the great The Incredible World of James Bond doc, parts 1 and 2:

Part 1:

Part 2:

• Everything or Nothing:The Untold Story of 007 & The James Bond Story.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Everything or Nothing:The Untold Story of 007 & The James Bond Story.

Got to agree with that. Great docu!
    I've stated before on other threads, I'm a student at the Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago and one of my film professors is/was Bruce Scivally who produced and did many other things for all of the "Inside" documentaries. He has some great stories and even before I met him, those were my favorite to watch
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,104
    Time Shift - Looking for Mr Bond

I posted this in YouTube thread yesterday and rewatched it myself today.

There are some truly great little moments that are not seen in other documentaries on Bond. If you have not viewed this one you won't regret watching it.

Its definitely up there with my favourite retrospectives on Bond.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria

There are some truly great little moments that are not seen in other documentaries on Bond. If you have not seen this one you won't regret watching it.

Yeah, I've always loved this one. It's really good.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

There are some truly great little moments that are not seen in other documentaries on Bond. If you have not seen this one you won't regret watching it.

There are some great moments on location, especially from Sir Sean and Sir Roger. I am not sure I agree with Lois Maxwell though
    on her becoming M, Lois appeared quite serious about it.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited October 2022 Posts: 3,382
    Everything or Nothing, Bond Girls Are Forever, and Becoming Bond.

There are some great moments on location, especially from Sir Sean and Sir Roger. I am not sure I agree with Lois Maxwell though

Yeah, I too was surprised Maxwell sounded that serious about it.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Thanks for posting that @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.

No problem, hope you enjoy it if you have not seen it.

Yeah, I too was surprised Maxwell sounded that serious about it.

It would have been difficult to see her remain in the series in that capacity, for me anyway.
    Yeah, true @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I think that would have been the case.
    Its probably everything or nothing in 2012.
    1) Everything Or Nothing
    2) Becoming Bond
    3) The Sound Of 007
    4) Being James Bond: The Daniel Craig Documentary
    5) Every "inside" documentary that featured on the SE DVDs and virtually every new DVD/BluRay release since.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,282
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Yeah. Love this one too. But I wonder why some parts of it focused on showing Connery as a troublesome person though.

Yeah. Love this one too. But I wonder why one of the parts focused on showing Connery as a troublesome person though.

I guess because it is a part of the Bond history. It explains the dark aura surrounding NSNA -- which for some was a real labour of hatred rather than just another Bond film -- and it allows for a nice, emotional moment when Barbara mentions the final conversation Connery had with Cubby.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Yeah. Love this one too. But I wonder why one of the parts focused on showing Connery as a troublesome person though.

I guess because it is a part of the Bond history. It explains the dark aura surrounding NSNA -- which for some was a real labour of hatred rather than just another Bond film -- and it allows for a nice, emotional moment when Barbara mentions the final conversation Connery had with Cubby.

Yeah, It really got emotional when Barbara mentioned that final conversation. I felt it.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Not seen this discussion before. To stick my contribution in I'd say the Whickers World YOLT behind the scenes doc.

I do enjoy all the 'Inside' docs on the Bond blurays as well.