The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Here are the gameweek 11 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 14
    Ødegaard: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Jesus: 1
    Kane: 1
    Saka: 1

It's not often we see the majority of our league captain a player playing against Liverpool, but their defensive issues of late makes Haaland a good captaincy pick. He's backed by 14 managers in our league, and the only player backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Was considering Kane as captain but stuck with Haaland.
    Be interesting to see how he does v Liverpool.

One goal and three bonus points by the looks of it for Kane tonight. Think Haaland can match that.
    As things stand I can field 8 players for the next GW I have 2 free transfers, hopefully I won't get anymore injuries. definitely going to leave my transfers late, I have 2.2M in the bank which gives me some flexibility.

The James injury has really caused a bit of a headache for me as well. Not to mention that Maddison is now suspended next gameweek…

I can still manage a starting 11 with a -4 (and a bit of luck). Leaving my transfers late as well, just in case!

Should haved guessed Kane as Captain...
    Liverpool are mixing their form and so are some star players like Virgil and Salah (6 min hat trick v rangers).
    Bobby is playing better than ever though.
    Should be a great game.

Jesus has 4 yellows so far. It's a tough rule (5 yellows)
    Will have to use the free hit next gw.

Firmino has been in good form since Darwin signed actually. Will be interesting to see how Klopp uses the two going forward.

I guess many will use the Free Hit next gameweek, and it's a good gameweek to use it, as I expect the average points will be quite low.
    Just sold James before is price drops, feel for the player he is going to miss the World Cup big loss for England.

Thought you were leaving transfers late? :P

I brought one player in that featured yesterday and has great fixtures coming up. 😂

I will make two more transfers tomorrow including a Hit.

At least it's a long term move!

Will likely make two transfers myself, for a -4. Don't think it's wise to stretch to a -8 unless there's any key players that are ruled out.
    Rashford benched, hopefully he will score as a sub.

That's surprising! Any suggestions why he doesn't start.

Probably rotation, Sancho has been benched a few time in recent weeks.

Mason Mount gaol as I type, Mings howler.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Villa applying pressure, Kepa made a few great saves.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    50/50 game between the two Uniteds at Old Trafford. Newcastle could get the lead through a set piece as they're good in the air, Manchester United looking better with the ball going forward.

Fred trying his best to be a positive impact but he's just not good enough to give that quality final ball.
    Mount gets his second, great free kick.
    Rashford coming on, hopefully he can get us the in and me some much needed FPL points.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 17,241

It's not often we see the majority of our league captain a player playing against Liverpool, but their defensive issues of late makes Haaland a good captaincy pick. He's backed by 14 managers in our league, and the only player backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

One goal and three bonus points by the looks of it for Kane tonight. Think Haaland can match that.
    As things stand I can field 8 players for the next GW I have 2 free transfers, hopefully I won't get anymore injuries. definitely going to leave my transfers late, I have 2.2M in the bank which gives me some flexibility.

The James injury has really caused a bit of a headache for me as well. Not to mention that Maddison is now suspended next gameweek…

I can still manage a starting 11 with a -4 (and a bit of luck). Leaving my transfers late as well, just in case!

Liverpool are mixing their form and so are some star players like Virgil and Salah (6 min hat trick v rangers).
    Should be a great game.

Firmino has been in good form since Darwin signed actually. Will be interesting to see how Klopp uses the two going forward.

I guess many will use the Free Hit next gameweek, and it's a good gameweek to use it, as I expect the average points will be quite low.
    Just sold James before is price drops, feel for the player he is going to miss the World Cup big loss for England.

I brought one player in that featured yesterday and has great fixtures coming up. 😂

Will likely make two transfers myself, for a -4. Don't think it's wise to stretch to a -8 unless there's any key players that are ruled out.

That makes sense, of course. Surprised United didn't manage to score today. Fully expected 4 points max from Trippier and Pope!

Should be a great game.

That makes sense, of course. Surprised United didn't manage to score today. Fully expected 4 points max from Trippier and Pope!

I regrettably benched Schar v Man United I expected a narrow win. Newcastle have a mean defense.

Liverpool just about keeping it level though city are going to score at some point.
    Disallowed goal for city and Jota really should have scored from Salah's brilliant pass. still 0 - 0.
    WT... Salah off on 70 minutes,.. thank god it was an error on the part of the digital board.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Salah goal....

could be a differential for me which sounds weird saying.
    Klopp red card.

Silva just went for Salah.
    Gr Nunez should have put Salah in there free on goal.
    Battling win for Liverpool in a entertaining game. Jota injured looks like hamstring.
    Only caught the first half, as I was on my way to play a bit of football myself. What happened in the situation where Klopp got the red card?
    Klopp left the technical area and was shouting at the ref.

Did you win at footy.
    Klopp left the technical area and was shouting at the ref.

Did you win at footy.

Never a good idea to do that! :))

Haha, no! We played a bit of cageball, which is exhausting to put it mildly. I was on the losing team this weekend, and was partly at fault for at least two goals against!
    We have just enough time to look at gameweek 11 before the gameweek 12 deadline tomorrow, so let's see how our league did this weekend! The gameweek average was quite low – at 45 points, but some teams managed very good scores. For some teams the goalkeeper spot made a massive contribution; several goalies kept a clean sheet in a gameweek where points were hard to come by – and all of Guaita, Raya, Allison, Kepa, Ramsdale and Sá scored double digits! Our gameweek winner Upset didn't have a double digit scoring goalkeeper, but a clean sheet from Pope and contributions from other players in the starting eleven resulted in 74 points and a gameweek rank of 77 104. Congratulations! =D>

UbyQbI5.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7:
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    _______

Remember the 18:00 deadline tomorrow!
    Jota out of the World Cup, the tally of good players missing out is growing what a nightmare as a player to get injured right now.

Just checked my team no injury's it would seem, I have took a Hit though only expect 10 of the players to start... do I take another Hit???

Edited: I took a -8 Used my Free hit.

Jota out of the World Cup, the tally of good players missing out is growing what a nightmare as a player to get injured right now.

Just checked my team no injury's it would seem, I have took a Hit though only expect 10 of the players to start... do I take another Hit???

Got to feel for the players missing out so close to the World Cup, but that's unfortunately something that can happen in football.

Interesting! I've considered the Free Hit as well, but a -4 leaves me with an OK-ish team, so I will save it for later. No doubt a good gameweek to use the chip though.

Got to feel for the players missing out so close to the World Cup, but that's unfortunately something that can happen in football.

Interesting! I've considered the Free Hit as well, but a -4 leaves me with an OK-ish team, so I will save it for later. No doubt a good gameweek to use the chip though.

Its was a gamble it may backfire though I need points plus my team was looking weak this GW. I was heading toward a -12 so thought what the hell, plus the fact we have two Wildcards after the World Cup made the decision easier.

With all the transfers I have made I am not totally sure what shape my team will be in after it resets :))
    22 points from tonight's two games so far, fingers crossed my Free hit continues to deliver tomorrow. Come on Zaha another goal would be great.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 17,241

Its was a gamble it may backfire though I need points plus my team was looking weak this GW. I was heading toward a -12 so thought what the hell, plus the fact we have two Wildcards after the World Cup made the decision easier.

With all the transfers I have made I am not totally sure what shape my team will be in after it resets :))

Makes sense to play the chip when you're looking at a -12! The two wildcards –like you mention, also makes it easier to plat the chip earlier in the season.

Looking ar my team for next gameweek, I want to take a -8. Several transfers were made for gameweek 12 in mind :))
    22 points from tonight's two games so far, fingers crossed my Free hit continues to deliver tomorrow. Come on Zaha another goal would be great.

Just 14 (-4) for me. Backing Guéhi and Palace for a clean sheet over Dunk and Brighton is probably one of my worst decisions so far this season…

Makes sense to play the chip when you're looking at a -12! The two wildcards –like you mention, also makes it easier to plat the chip earlier in the season.

Looking ar my team for next gameweek, I want to take a -8. Several transfers were made for gameweek 12 in mind :))

Just 14 (-4) for me. Backing Guéhi and Palace for a clean sheet over Dunk and Brighton is probably one of my worst decisions so far this season…

As a few transfers were wiped out i now have all my City and Arsenal assets back which is what i wanted makes things a bit easier for me, not used my free transfer yet will wait until these midweek games have finished.

I was expecting an easy win for Brighton so i brought in Veltman who is on bonus points and Sanchez. At least Brighton got a clean sheet.
    Wolves will be kicking themselves they have had god chances in the game.

As a few transfers were wiped out i now have all my City and Arsenal assets back which is what i wanted makes things a bit easier for me, not used my free transfer yet will wait until these midweek games have finished.

I was expecting an easy win for Brighton so i brought in Veltman who is on bonus points and Sanchez. At least Brighton got a clean sheet.

Sold De Bruyne before last gameweek and benched Cancelo, Haaland and Martinelli. Looking at bringing in a City mid again for the weekend!

Didn't watch the game, but at least Edouard and Zaha returned some points. This gameweek will be all about not falling too far behind for me. Every point is much needed.

Sold De Bruyne before last gameweek and benched Cancelo, Haaland and Martinelli. Looking at bringing in a City mid again for the weekend!

Didn't watch the game, but at least Edouard and Zaha returned some points. This gameweek will be all about not falling too far behind for me. Every point is much needed.

Amazon Prime have the midweek games here so was watching both games tonight, will do the same tomorrow as all the games will be on.

Zaha at moment on FPL got 1 bonus point.

Yeah KDB and Foden have been on my wish list though now Salah looks to be improving i may hang onto him for a bit longer. I only have 2 city assets in my normal team so I can get a third in easy now.

Amazon Prime have the midweek games here so was watching both games tonight, will do the same tomorrow as all the games will be on.

Zaha at moment on FPL got 1 bonus point.

Yeah KDB and Foden have been on my wish list though now Salah looks to be improving i may hang onto him for a bit longer. I only have 2 city assets in my normal team so I can get a third in easy now.

It's easier to follow the games here in Norway, as the rights belong to one distributor alone – Viaplay (TV2 the seasons before this one). The rights for the other tournaments are shared between several distributors though.

It was not my initial plan, but I have the opportunity to bring in Foden without having to sell Salah. Something to consider…
    I am praying to the FPL gods for Robertson not to come on [-O< Almiron is my first sub currently on 8 points. Actually it will make no difference as I only currently have 3 defenders in my line up :)) oh well.
    Not a great GW for me though Untied winning 2 - 0 get in.
    Best performance by Man United for well over a year, Spurs were nowhere in this game well beaten. Gives me hope for top 4, Chelsea next that will be a big test to see where we are at.

Arguably Fred's best performance for United, Casimiro his Brazilian team mate probably a lot to do with that.

Typical Robertson came on extremely late so that's messed things up for me as I had Castagne who plays tomorrow in reserve.