The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,105
    Klopp is making some bizarre substations, Jota off.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    At times Liverpool were as bad as Ben Whites fake tan.

Very interesting game to watch.
    I need to avoid the Man United result until midnight as I don't have BT Sport. I will watch the full game on MUTV thankfully I have the day off tomorrow.

Hopefully Rashford will be a good differential for me this GW [-O<
    Totally forgot about FPL deadline though I made no transfers, FPL app crashing so can't get on, only thing I know for certain is Haaland is my Captain.

Your team is doing well so far though!
    Foden and KDB delivering, I was never able to bring them in now as need to get rid of City and Arsenal assets soon.

I have three City assets + Martinelli still. Will try and bench two or three of them, and sell one – depending on injuries and other priorities.

Looking at the next few fixtures there are really no players that are crying out to be brought in for Arsenal or City assets, not sure what I will do.

Hopefully the Arsenal v Liverpool game will be 3 - 3 with me having so many players in this one.

Not sure myself either. I rather keep as many as I can from the two teams, as I want them back anyway.

Really happy about the result, though the pen leading to the 3-2 goal might have been a bit soft. Seen similar pens given though. Just as positive was the fact that Arsenal for the first time in years was the better of the two teams.

Didn't catch the Everton-United game. Any players that stood out? I did consider bringing Rashford or Martial before this gameweek.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Shaw was outstanding this evening. Positive going forward, number of good recoveries, looks strong on the ball. Haven't seen him look so good in a long time.

It was a good game overall. United looked like they might run away with it in the first half. Everton came back into it and United showed character and resolve under pressure.
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Very interesting if Shaw can become a regular starter in ten Hag's United. He's only £4.7 – down from £5.0 at the start of the season.
    Rashfords disallowed goal WTF
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Very interesting if Shaw can become a regular starter in ten Hag's United. He's only £4.7 – down from £5.0 at the start of the season.

I'd love to see it. I think he was on a poor run of form himself but that was of course made even worse by the club captain's continued incompetence on the field. He linked up well with Martinez tonight, who is an intelligent footballer. Makes all the difference.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Should have been a goal.

Should have been a goal.

Ridiculous decision, VAR is a joke (those interpreting VAR).

United played well and I needed those Rashford points lol

Should have been a goal.

I needed those Rashford points too..... :)>-
    SportTalk Football phone in with Jamie Carragher (Klopp Out!!)
    \m/

Should have been a goal.

The people watching the VAR screens are making so many stupid mistakes.
    Here's another one ?
    Man Utd owners the Glazers ‘set price to negotiate sale’ after Sir Jim Ratcliffe comments
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1681705/Manchester-United-news-the-Glazers-Sir-Jim-Ratcliffe-negotiate-sale

Manchester United owners the Glazers would be willing to negotiate a sale if somebody coughed up £9billion, according to reports.

They may as well just say they are unwilling to sell.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 2,341
    Man Utd owners the Glazers ‘set price to negotiate sale’ after Sir Jim Ratcliffe comments
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1681705/Manchester-United-news-the-Glazers-Sir-Jim-Ratcliffe-negotiate-sale

Manchester United owners the Glazers would be willing to negotiate a sale if somebody coughed up £9billion, according to reports.

They may as well just say they are unwilling to sell.

The supporters should own and operate clubs, like what happens at Barcelona and Real Madrid etc...
  • edited October 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Very late with the gameweek 10 update, but here it is! For the first time this season wew have two gameweek winners! Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga ans share the gameweek victory, both scoring impressive 76 points – congratulations! =D>

tgNbFdn.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7:
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    _______

Remember the 18:30 deadline!
    Here are the gameweek 11 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 14
    Ødegaard: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Jesus: 1
    Kane: 1
    Saka: 1

It's not often we see the majority of our league captain a player playing against Liverpool, but their defensive issues of late makes Haaland a good captaincy pick. He's backed by 14 managers in our league, and the only player backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

It's not often we see the majority of our league captain a player playing against Liverpool, but their defensive issues of late makes Haaland a good captaincy pick. He's backed by 14 managers in our league, and the only player backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Was considering Kane as captain but stuck with Haaland.
    Be interesting to see how he does v Liverpool.
    James injury has caused my team major issues, going to have to take Hit's.
    12 points from Toney yesterday for me great stuff, also I took a gamble on Ward in goal it paid off.
    As things stand I can field 8 players for the next GW I have 2 free transfers, hopefully I won't get anymore injuries. definitely going to leave my transfers late, I have 2.2M in the bank which gives me some flexibility.

One goal and three bonus points by the looks of it for Kane tonight. Think Haaland can match that.
    As things stand I can field 8 players for the next GW I have 2 free transfers, hopefully I won't get anymore injuries. definitely going to leave my transfers late, I have 2.2M in the bank which gives me some flexibility.

The James injury has really caused a bit of a headache for me as well. Not to mention that Maddison is now suspended next gameweek…

I can still manage a starting 11 with a -4 (and a bit of luck). Leaving my transfers late as well, just in case!
    The way Liverpool are playing at the moment if they have a high line City will destroy them, Haaland to score a few goals I think.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 2,341

One goal and three bonus points by the looks of it for Kane tonight. Think Haaland can match that.

The James injury has really caused a bit of a headache for me as well. Not to mention that Maddison is now suspended next gameweek…

I can still manage a starting 11 with a -4 (and a bit of luck). Leaving my transfers late as well, just in case!

Should haved guessed Kane as Captain...
    Liverpool are mixing their form and so are some star players like Virgil and Salah (6 min hat trick v rangers).
    Bobby is playing better than ever though.
    Should be a great game.

Jesus has 4 yellows so far. It's a tough rule (5 yellows)
    Will have to use the free hit next gw.
    Just sold James before is price drops, feel for the player he is going to miss the World Cup big loss for England.

Liverpool are mixing their form and so are some star players like Virgil and Salah (6 min hat trick v rangers).
    Should be a great game.

Firmino has been in good form since Darwin signed actually. Will be interesting to see how Klopp uses the two going forward.

I guess many will use the Free Hit next gameweek, and it's a good gameweek to use it, as I expect the average points will be quite low.
    Just sold James before is price drops, feel for the player he is going to miss the World Cup big loss for England.

Thought you were leaving transfers late? :P

Should be a great game.

Firmino has been in good form since Darwin signed actually. Will be interesting to see how Klopp uses the two going forward.

I guess many will use the Free Hit next gameweek, and it's a good gameweek to use it, as I expect the average points will be quite low.

I brought one player in that featured yesterday and has great fixtures coming up. 😂

I will make two more transfers tomorrow including a Hit.
    Rashford benched, hopefully he will score as a sub.
    Watching Villa v Chelsea, United game not televised in the UK.

Should be a great game.

I brought one player in that featured yesterday and has great fixtures coming up. 😂

I will make two more transfers tomorrow including a Hit.

At least it's a long term move!

Will likely make two transfers myself, for a -4. Don't think it's wise to stretch to a -8 unless there's any key players that are ruled out.
    Rashford benched, hopefully he will score as a sub.

That's surprising! Any suggestions why he doesn't start.