Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

Should somebody still fancy Dame Shirley, I stumbled about this song, when I actually was looking for some other Yello stuff.

What a beautiful, yet calm and cool song. Definitely Bond potential. I'd like something this slow, but with a steady beat as a Bond theme.
  • tqbtqb
    did i miss something? was Adele confirmed?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    tqb wrote:
    did i miss something? was Adele confirmed?

Not yet. To be honest, with all this attention surrounding her involvement as well as the evidence she gave on accident it is more and more likely to me she has been chosen. Why not? She is current, everybody knows her, and she has some talent. It's a steal for EON to pick her. And if she is announced it will be much to the effect of "yeah, we knew that already" after all this speculation surrounding her has piled up.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    For QoS I remember reading Duffy was sure, signed contract, had already recorded, you name it. Then what happened? I'd love Adele to sing it but I'll only believe it when I see a formal confirmation :-B I just hope that it doesn't take long because I'm (or we all are) in dire need for some fresh news!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    For QoS I remember reading Duffy was sure, signed contract, had already recorded, you name it. Then what happened? I'd love Adele to sing it but I'll only believe it when I see a formal confirmation :-B I just hope that it doesn't take long because I'm (or we all are) in dire need for some fresh news!

Have no fear, we should have a full trailer here by the end of the weekend.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

I'm praying for that [-O<
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

Seriously?! Oh, the comic-con trailer? Is that what you mean?
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,372
    @Sandy, you and I both. It seems almost confirmed at this point - as Adele seems to be in terms of the title song - so come Friday to Saturday, we shall see. Hopefully, someone is nice enough to catch a midnight IMAX showing and put it online when they get home, so we have it early Friday.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I think that's the one. There's going to be a three-minute (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone) and one second or so trailer attached to IMAX showings of TDKR.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Yeah, the comic-con trailer. That's all we'll get, for now. Plus there's that opening. So a good couple of weeks ahead.
    Lets hope so? That would be a great start to my two weeks off! [-O<
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Lets hope so? That would be a great start to my two weeks off! [-O<

Hahaha, same here!
    Sandy wrote:

Duffy would actually be my first choice. MERCY is a great audition piece for Bond. I love her retro sound and she's a Bond babe herself, which doesn't hurt. But Adele is a major talent obviously and the biggest music star in the world right now, so I'm very optimistic.

Just announce it already!

• HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    edited July 2012 Posts: 204
    Sandy wrote:
    I also remember the Duffy rumours. IMO (although it was never confirmed), she actually recorded the theme for QOS but somehow was rejected. Why do I believe this? Around the same time QOS was opening in theatres, Duffy released the deluxe edition of her first album, Rockferry. The main single of that deluxe edition was 'Rain On Your Parade'. Just listen. It's pure Bond.

• Adele is good and all but I really hope Florence got the gig. She is fantastic beyond words. Although I think she has been touring for the last few months so maybe that's not going to happen.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    As long as it has some huge old style brass I'm fine. As I've never heard Adele sing, not once, (been living under a rock) I guess I should get familiar.
    =bg= wrote:
    As long as it has some huge old style brass I'm fine. As I've never heard Adele sing, not once, (been living under a rock) I guess I should get familiar.

How have you managed to pull off such a feat?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,782
    How have you managed to pull off such a feat?

That sounds painful?

Here she is as live as you can be - great performance:

I know this is quite old, but I only came across this song last night when watching Weeds :)

Wouldn't she be perfect?
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    One year ago today, Adele mentioned this news and spilled the beans to Ross. And still, nothing. You would have never guessed this would have happened. Crazy, really.

Seven minutes in.
    I keep wondering why we're less than two months away from the film's release, and we still haven't had confirmation to the title song artist. I keep waiting for this tidbit of information to be released, and confirm Adele's work.
    Wow, it is close! It just hit me.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    This month or next. Give it a little more time.

We'll get to hear the song shortly after the announcement for once, so it can't be all bad.
    Where's duffy gone? Haven't seen her with any new songs in years.
    I'm also very anxious! I remember for QOS just a weeks before the release, downloading Another Way to Die in limewire.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited September 2012 Posts: 7,890
    On Oct. 6th Daniel Craig is going to be hosting Saturday Night Live with musical guest Muse; coincidence?
    talos7 wrote:
    On Oct. 6th Daniel Craig is going to be hosting Saturday Night Live with musical guest Muse; coincidence?

hopefully not would love for muse to do the theme.
    It's crazy how Muse was rumored at one point, and now Craig will be teaming up with them for SNL. I would love to see Muse do the title song, as well.
  • Muse could do a hell of a Bond song!
    Muse could do a hell of a Bond song!

And unlike Adele, they have a new album release coming in October... things are adding up.
  • Perhaps there isn't a song this time!