The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Martial goal.

Good attacking play from United there. Way too late of course.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Penalty for United lol
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That was a fantastic penalty.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great pen at least Martial has a couple of goals after returning from injury.
    6 - 3 City were outstanding got to take it on the chin, Ten Hag is the man to take us forward though this was a reality check, Ten Hag needs to sort that midfield out. Casimiro has to come in now IMO.
    ByfI4Hi.png
    A slight issue ahead certainly for me having 3 City and 3 Arsenal players as they both blank in GW12 only just noticed.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    ByfI4Hi.png
    A slight issue ahead certainly for me having 3 City and 3 Arsenal players as they both blank in GW12 only just noticed.

Might be a good week for a Wildcard if you still have it.
    ByfI4Hi.png

Might be a good week for a Wildcard if you still have it.

I may free hit though maybe a waste, already used my Wild Card. I will have 3 transfers to use before GW12 so will just have to put my other team plans on hold.
    6 - 3 City were outstanding got to take it on the chin, Ten Hag is the man to take us forward though this was a reality check, Ten Hag needs to sort that midfield out. Casimiro has to come in now IMO.

Interesting that Ronaldo didn't even get to feature in this game. Wonder if he'll push for a transfer in January.
    ______

Gameweek 12 is a headache for sure. I will look to bench Haaland and maybe one or both of Martinelli or Cancelo. De Bruyne will become another midfielder before the gameweek 12 deadline. Can only hope no other transfers need to be prioritised until then…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Interesting that Ronaldo didn't even get to feature in this game. Wonder if he'll push for a transfer in January.
    ______

Gameweek 12 is a headache for sure. I will look to bench Haaland and maybe one or both of Martinelli or Cancelo. De Bruyne will become another midfielder before the gameweek 12 deadline. Can only hope no other transfers need to be prioritised until then…

Erik ten Hag says he did not play Cristiano Ronaldo in derby 'out of respect'
    United boss Erik ten Hag on why Ronaldo didn't feature: "I didn't bring him on out of respect for his big career" 8-}

But former Man Utd captain Roy Keane has criticised the club's handling of the Portuguese superstar, declaring that United are displaying "disrespect" to the striker.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12709911/man-city-6-3-man-utd-erik-ten-hag-says-he-did-not-play-cristiano-ronaldo-in-derby-out-of-respect

______

Ronaldo should play midweek, the way the game went today would have been a waste bringing him on. We need a good result against Everton after the Europa game, need to bounce back quickly.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,102
    125 killed after Indonesia football match

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Busy week, so I a bit behind on FPL. But here's the gameweek 9 update! Gameweek 9 was a gameweek where some popular picks scored big, which resulted in several teams scoring very high gameweek scores. Our league was no different, with several managers scoring 70+ points. Best of us all was Hakuna Mateta !, who should feel very happy with a gameweek score of 106 points, and a gameweek rank of 99 703! Congratulations! =D>

kROw0zN.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7:
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    _______

We have a bit later deadline today, at 13:30 UK time. That gives everyone a little more time to tinker with our teams!

______

Ronaldo should play midweek, the way the game went today would have been a waste bringing him on. We need a good result against Everton after the Europa game, need to bounce back quickly.

Disappointing result against Omonia Nicosia – which I was unaware of being managed by Neil Lennon. They should have no trouble progressing from the group stage though.
    Here are the gameweek 10 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 16
    Toney: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Rodrigo: 1

It's a very one-sided captaincy this gameweek, with all but three managers backing Haaland and City against Southampton – and only two not backing City assets. That must be a first in our league. Good luck everyone!
    Totally forgot about FPL deadline though I made no transfers, FPL app crashing so can't get on, only thing I know for certain is Haaland is my Captain.
    Foden and KDB delivering, I was never able to bring them in now as need to get rid of City and Arsenal assets soon.
    Totally forgot about FPL deadline though I made no transfers, FPL app crashing so can't get on, only thing I know for certain is Haaland is my Captain.

Your team is doing well so far though!
    Foden and KDB delivering, I was never able to bring them in now as need to get rid of City and Arsenal assets soon.

I have three City assets + Martinelli still. Will try and bench two or three of them, and sell one – depending on injuries and other priorities.

It's incredible how he keeps a straight face :))

Your team is doing well so far though!

I have three City assets + Martinelli still. Will try and bench two or three of them, and sell one – depending on injuries and other priorities.

Looking at the next few fixtures there are really no players that are crying out to be brought in for Arsenal or City assets, not sure what I will do.

Hopefully the Arsenal v Liverpool game will be 3 - 3 with me having so many players in this one.
    Looking at the line ups I think Liverpool are going to get over run.
    Bloody hell Martinelli goal after a minute. Offside???

Onside. Liverpool have major issues.
    Nunez goal Dias assist good goal, Arsenal have sat too deep at times.
    Saka goal, my man Martinelli with the assist Just before half time, I was going to be critical of Arsenal though they go into half time leading.
    Out of nowhere Firmino scores again he is on fire. 2 - 2

Salah has done nothing, I need to get him out of my team... will have to wait.
    Oh dear two Arsenal players down, Jesus looks unconscious.

Credit to TV broadcaster not filming until Jesus was sat up.
    Salah off and Klopp has gone defensive @-) with 20 minutes to go.
    Good pen by Saka, hoping Jesus gets the assist.
    This is one of those situations of a team on the up passing a team on the decline... still 13 minutes to go though.