Famous Movie Lines Quiz

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Chronicles of Narnia? Oy, the arrows!!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It is indeed from 'Deliverance.' Over to you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Time for more celebration!
    Great scene to a great film. I recommend this to anyone who has yet to see it.

Creasy47 wrote:
    Great scene to a great film. I recommend this to anyone who has yet to see it.
    The thing is, I have been meaning to see it for a while now, but every time someone talks about it they refer to it as "the film where everyone gets raped".
    :-S
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, there's one rape scene. Anyone giving you that description is either sick and demented because they're into it, so they broaden the film's genre as some 'rape film,' or they didn't watch it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    If rape is what people take away from this brilliant film, then people fail to grasp the main plot I think. ;-)
    Was it Deliverance ?, that was like Southern Comfort I think, where they upset some indigenous people in the backwoods and incur a backlash with savage consequences

Who got it correct then, I can't see from here. Maybe Benny or Dimi perhaps

I do enjoy this round
    @Benny is up!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sorry for the delay. Could / should be an easy one. Let's see.

"Can we get in on those?"
    It's not easy. I don't know what it is and only have vague ideas what it could relate to, sounds like from some outdated 1980s kids sex adventure. I'll say Porky's, but that's only a wild guess
    Oh, is it 'Jaws,' by any chance? That's what I'm thinking now.
    No, it's some sort of sordid escapade most likely..

It would be a help if I knew what the 'those' refered to..

Actually, it could be any genre of film. I'll have a last guess by saying, er, and I'm thinking all things from Mission Impossible to Stripes. I'll say - Phone Booth with that Irish guy, Farrell or someone, it just rings a bell
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Oh, is it 'Jaws,' by any chance? That's what I'm thinking now.

Well that didn't last long. Well done and over to you Creasy47
    Ahh, so that was it. Thank you, @Benny.

"Don't get me cornered. You don't have the trunk space."
    Shot in the dark. I picture Statham. Is it a Transporter film?
    Shot in the dark. I picture Statham. Is it a Transporter film?

It isn't a 'Transporter' film.
    I saw it once, and straight away I do believe it's the Cruise character out of Collateral. Not one of my favorite Cruise movies, I prefered his earlier work than today but I'd be surprised if it was anything different, you remember lines like these
    You have it. Over to you.
    'We're almost certain that ghouls and werewolves occupy such high positions at City Hall'

no rush
    That'd be 'The Lost Boys,' would it not?
    Yes, it was Lost Boys, spoken by Edgar Frog in the Comic store. Great little movie
    My good friend makes me watch it all the time, so I suppose I can thank her for that.

"Who knows what it's gonna do when it's dead?"
    Is it The Thing with Kurt Russell, I don't know!. It was worth a try
    It's not 'The Thing' with Kurt Russell, but that film, along with Russell's performance, is one of my favorites!
    I saw it once, and straight away I do believe it's the Cruise character out of Collateral. Not one of my favorite Cruise movies, I prefered his earlier work than today but I'd be surprised if it was anything different, you remember lines like these

Ah, how could I blank out on that! Damn.
    Is it the Original King Kong with Fay Wray, not that recent nonsense they did a year or two back. I have the idea of a large monster type thing
    The 'King Kong' remake came out seven years ago, and no, it isn't any of the 'King Kong' films.
    Alien?
    Alien?

You got it! Over to you.