Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

This is going to be epic

The London 2012 Opening Ceremony Plans Leak to The Royalist

It’s all top secret, hush-hush under wraps, so if you don’t want to ruin the big surprise, then perhaps it would be better to stop reading now rather than write in the comments box later what a miserable curmudgeon I am, ruining people’s fun etc etc. Just an idea, but hey, whatever turns you on.

So sources say that as the lights go down for the big opening ceremony a week on Friday, a short film will begin, which will be shown on giant screens at the Olympic stadium and on TV at the same time. It features everybody’s favourite special agent, James Bond aka Daniel Craig, arriving with a crunch of gravel at Buckingham Palace. He makes his way inside, and the next clip is THE QUEEN HERSELF tapping Mr Craig on the shoulders and uttering the immortal words, “Arise Sir James”.

This is the first time the Queen has ever enaged in a fictional scenario on camera.

Sir James is then given a special mission, to open the London 2012 games. He heads outside and jumps into a waiting chopper, emblazoned with a Union Jack. This then speeds up the Thames, flying underneath Tower Bridge (the footage was filmed in sunny June).

Back at the stadium, the air is filled with the sound of whirling helicopter blades, as the very same chopper now magically appears above the stadium in real time, assuming it is not shot down by the surface to air missiles located on a nearby London tower block. A hatch opens. A rope drops.

AND DANIEL CRAIG ABSEILS INTO THE STADIUM!!

It’s going to be mega, folks, it all kicks off a week on Friday and you heard it here first.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/17/spoiler-alert-the-london-2012-opening-ceremony-plans-leak-to-the-royalist.htm
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I can believe this but I'll need to see it first. This will be magic and make me proud to be a fan of James Bond.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Awesome!
    If this really happens, this will be the greatest advertisment any movie has ever had.
    WOW! If true? Will most definately be watching the ceremony anyway, this would be a HUGE bonus. AND when the film comes out on dvd the following year? I want this sequence on the Special Features for sure!
    Above all, it IS sort of a knighthood from the Queen for DC himself, because I doubt she would have agreed to do this, if she didn't like him herself and didn't think, he was a tip top ambassador for England.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,745
    /:) :O 8-| @-) :-S :> :D <my emotions while reading this
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    This is going to be really cool to see, and indeed very good promotion for Skyfall and the entire franchise!

But wouldn't it be nice to see if Craig jumped down from the helicopter, Brosnan runs down from the audience, and then all 6 Bonds walking with Craig in the stadium all wearing Tuxedos and with the Bond theme playing?!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,745
    MrBond wrote:
    This is going to be really cool to see, and indeed very good promotion for Skyfall and the entire franchise!

But wouldn't it be nice to see if Craig jumped down from the helicopter, Brosnan runs down from the audience, and then all 6 Bonds walking with Craig in the stadium all wearing Tuxedos and with the Bond theme playing?!

Dont give me better ideas! Your ruining the moment :/ haha
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    MrBond wrote:

That would be absolutly fantastic !!!

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited July 2012 Posts: 3,277
    MrBond wrote:

This would be better than any Bond movie.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    =P~ Watching opening cerimony... mandatory!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

Wise words my friend.
    From what we know, the article made absolute sense. Its still here - see above.
    Has Eon found a smoking gun? And now taken away possible evidence? B-) ;)
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    yes but will they have the GUN BARRELL @ the beginning!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Is this something that you think will be shown on all TV broadcasts of the Olympics or just on the BBC broadcast version? Basically, will this be shown on NBC in the US?
    Yes to NBC^^, but apparently there will be a rumored memorial to the 1972 Munich Olympics, which may interupt/interfere with Bond gracing our US tv's.

What are the chances the opening will make it to the internet soon after?
    But isn't this a life show, that will broadcast all over the world - at the same time, showing the same or almost the same pictures?
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Yes to NBC^^, but apparently there will be a rumored memorial to the 1972 Munich Olympics, which may interupt/interfere with Bond gracing our US tv's.

What are the chances the opening will make it to the internet soon after?

To be specific, Bob Costas, the anchor for NBC's broadcast, intends to have a moment of silence to recognize the 40th anniversary of the killing of the Israeli athletes and coaches during the 1972 Olympics in Munich *sometime during the broadcast*. That doesn't mean it will interrupt or interfere with the Bond film/skit. It merely means that a real life anniversary may intrude on the make believe James Bond stuff. I seriously doubt Costas will do the minute of silence *in the middle* of the Bond film/skit.

• Germanlady wrote:
    But isn't this a life show, that will broadcast all over the world - at the same time, showing the same or almost the same pictures?

No, the NBC broadcast will be delayed so it's broadcast in primetime in the U.S. That will be five hours after it occurs in London.

Germanlady wrote:

No, the NBC broadcast will be delayed so it's broadcast in primetime in the U.S. That will be five hours after it occurs in London.

Thanks.

Bond jumping off helicopter and opening olympics: yay!!! :D

Bond getting knighted: Booooo X(
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    These official YouTube channels will be apparently be streaming the opening ceremony live

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic

http://www.youtube.com/user/london2012
    Thanks. I'll be working the entire day...