Bond 26 Title

Comments

I have to admit, I had to memorize that the title of this film was the one with the two "c"s... and I had to learn the specific difference between Licence and License.

And as a Canadian I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be speaking the same English the English do.

Write and speak how you want to! Just get the titles correct.

What about 007 in Vancouver. I'm looking at the Parq Vancouver building online, looks ace, ideal for a rooftop action scene.

Hah I used to be in that place all the time. We’d have to incorporate the Marine Building as well. We do have some interesting new architecture cropping up around.

vancouver-house-tower.jpg

Ethan Hunt would make short work of this tower, one imagines.

And you know Broz can't wait to hot air balloon onto this:

24055973_web1_210204-SUL-ContactBCPlace-b_1.jpg

Good grief, that tower building is upside down !
    I have to admit, I had to memorize that the title of this film was the one with the two "c"s... and I had to learn the specific difference between Licence and License.

And as a Canadian I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be speaking the same English the English do.

Except that, as a Canadian, you pronounce English much more understandably than do the British ! With many shows or movies from GB I use subtitles...
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,419
    Since62 wrote: »

Write and speak how you want to! Just get the titles correct.

What about 007 in Vancouver. I'm looking at the Parq Vancouver building online, looks ace, ideal for a rooftop action scene.

Hah I used to be in that place all the time. We’d have to incorporate the Marine Building as well. We do have some interesting new architecture cropping up around.

vancouver-house-tower.jpg

Ethan Hunt would make short work of this tower, one imagines.

And you know Broz can't wait to hot air balloon onto this:

24055973_web1_210204-SUL-ContactBCPlace-b_1.jpg

Good grief, that tower building is upside down !

Sucking in the gut for the camera. Vancouver looks good for a winter Bond movie. I want this vibe in a future installment:
    FeLE024XEAEb7Kz?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    FeLE027XEAoF15J?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
  • Aye that's what I thought haha. Really nice architecture especially the three towers building where the hotels are.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Misery Is What You Chose
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Fate of A Spy

It's about agents mysteriously disappearing.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2022 Posts: 7,518
    QBranch wrote: »
    Fate of A Spy

The Fate of Glass to Break, to steal from M in Spectre.

Or, more similar to yours, but also from the quote: The Fate of Spies.

Anyways, I like yours a lot.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2022 Posts: 5,834
    I've said this before but I quite liked Once Upon A Spy, the name of Peter Morgan's treatment for Bond 23. I doubt it would be used for the first film in a Bond's actors era, but certainly one I wouldn't mind being used in the future. The film would also probably need to be some distance away from Once Upon A Time In Hollywood I imagine.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I've said this before but I quite liked Once Upon A Spy, the name of Peter Morgan's treatment for Bond 23. I doubt it would be used for the first film in a Bond's actors era, but certainly one I wouldn't mind being used in the future. The film would also probably need to be some distance away from Once Upon A Time In Hollywood I imagine.

Actually, I could see it being used for a first outing. It's a good title.
    Fate of A Spy

The Fate of Glass to Break, to steal from M in Spectre.

Or, more similar to yours, but also from the quote: The Fate of Spies.

Anyways, I like yours a lot.
    Yep, I got it from M's speech. "Maybe it's the fate of spies to just disappear" or something to that effect. I want a particularly espionagey feel to the next title.
    Maybe it could be part of some trilogy for the next Bond...:
    "Once Upon A Spy"
    " *** "
    "The Fate Of A Spy"
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Maybe it could be part of some trilogy for the next Bond...:
    "Once Upon A Spy"
    " *** "
    "The Fate Of A Spy"
    To Kill A Spy? :D
    Perfect!
    "Once Upon A Spy"
    "An Eye For A Spy"
    "The Fate Of A Spy"

I think it could have a similar issue the recent Planet of the Apes movies have, though, in which nobody remembers which title correlates to which plot.

If we're doing sets, I still would be open to a back-to-back Zero Minus and Zero Plus
    LucknFate wrote: »
    "Once Upon A Spy"
    "An Eye For A Spy"
    "The Fate Of A Spy"

I think it could have a similar issue the recent Planet of the Apes movies have, though, in which nobody remembers which title correlates to which plot.

If we're doing sets, I still would be open to a back-to-back Zero Minus and Zero Plus

True, but I think it'd be easy enough to remember the "Once" one being the first one, and to a lesser extent, the "Fate" one being the last one. But good point.
    LucknFate wrote: »
    "Once Upon A Spy"
    "An Eye For A Spy"
    "The Fate Of A Spy"

True, but I think it'd be easy enough to remember the "Once" one being the first one, and to a lesser extent, the "Fate" one being the last one. But good point.

Yeah, realistically it'd probably be a non issue. But as a business, you want everyone to know there's a new movie coming out that they can be sure they haven't seen, so a distinct title idk. You don't need three. Open the actor's set with Once and pocket Fate until their last one, they're both good.

Once Upon A Spy would be perfect if they ever did a one-off of some sort. Once, literally!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I don't think EON will give us a title half as good as most in this thread, it'll probably be another one word title
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I don't think EON will give us a title half as good as most in this thread, it'll probably be another one word title

RISICO
    SCORPIUS
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Enemy Action
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Jordo007 wrote: »

RISICO
    SCORPIUS

I'd love Risico but maybe for Bond 27 because I think we need a break from Italy. It'd be odd to call it Risico then not shoot in Italy
    Solstice. Decent name, great short story that sees Bond on an off-the-books mission for M. It's also a Christmastime Bond adventure set in Paris.
    The Name Of Death
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Whatever happens title wise, I trust them to come up with one that will become an iconic part of the franchise. Who knew Skyfall would be so iconic when it was announced? I remember thinking it was odd at first and now it’s attached to my favourite Bond film and is being sang along with at festivals and concerts.
    Cricket-themed titles:

Dreaded Number (which I quite like for hopefully obvious reasons! Better than calling a movie "007")
    Batting For A Draw
    Corridor Of Uncertainty
    Point Of Relese
    Reverse Sweep
    Solstice. Decent name, great short story that sees Bond on an off-the-books mission for M. It's also a Christmastime Bond adventure set in Paris.

Really like this one. I find one word titles tricky.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Whatever happens title wise, I trust them to come up with one that will become an iconic part of the franchise. Who knew Skyfall would be so iconic when it was announced? I remember thinking it was odd at first and now it’s attached to my favourite Bond film and is being sang along with at festivals and concerts.

We'll see how NTTD dates... I think not well. Bond doesn't even deliver the "Time to die!" title line in the finale, and if it's not in reference to that, as many critics pointed out.. he clearly had (a) time to die, and/or it was clearly meant to be his time to die.

But you're right about Skyfall. I remember thinking it was strange at first, and now it's history. I wonder who on the team actually came up with that one, I'd guess a writer.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited October 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Apparently, P & W came up with the title of SF at the last minute.
    Stopped clocks and all that... ;)
    Venutius wrote: »
    Apparently, P & W came up with the title of SF at the last minute.
    Stopped clocks and all that... ;)

I think the Adele lyric would have been fine as a title: Let The Sky Fall
    Very happy with the title we got for that one.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    One word titles are best with three syllables. Fleming had such an eye and ear for it.
    echo wrote: »
    One word titles are best with three syllables. Fleming had such an eye and ear for it.

INFERNO?
    WANDERLUST