The Horror Thread II: The Return

Comments

All I can pay attention to is the MJ suggestion at the top!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    If the leaks I read were true, it’s going to be trash. But obviously I’m going to watch it regardless.

I couldn't agree more. I guess we're all discussing the same rumor/leak.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,518
    Are you guys talking about Halloween Kills or Halloween Ends?

I thought Kills was already out?

EDIT: Nm I think.
    Hoping for at least an enjoyable train wreck if nothing else! I feel like if I can survive the Zombie movies I’ll be fine… though this literally might be worse xD
    Just booked a ticket for Terrifier 2 for next week. Looks like it's going to be barrels of fun! Art the Clown is a true modern horror icon. But these movies are definitely not for everyone. Even I have several reservations about the first couple that came out. But Art is too entertaining not to keep watching.
    Finally! Don't recognize this outlet but others are picking it up. I hope it's official and happening.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2022/9/dg5i3tih7c1zn7lbzm00ts3kyjfazo
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Finally! Don't recognize this outlet but others are picking it up. I hope it's official and happening.

Sounds good. I love the Murnau film, and the Herzog film wasn t bad either.Eggers is no doubt very talented, but I haven t seen anything that has quite clicked with me yet. Maybe this will be it.
    I'm eager to see if he casts Dafoe for another performance as the Count.
    Oh hell yes
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Yes! Oh, Cthulhu, yes!
    Eggers and Joy are the best it gets in the business. Put together is constant magic
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Yes! Oh, Cthulhu, yes!

Praise him!

@FoxRox, agreed, I'd love to see the two of them work together on everything from here on out. What a pair. It's like Tarantino and Waltz, it just works in making movie magic.

Yes! Oh, Cthulhu, yes!

Praise him!

@FoxRox, agreed, I'd love to see the two of them work together on everything from here on out. What a pair. It's like Tarantino and Waltz, it just works in making movie magic.

Agreed many times over! I absolutely love The Witch, I appreciate The Lighthouse and The Northman very much, and I'm sure that Eggers -- with Joy -- is the right man for a re-imagining of Nosferatu.
    Oh f%#$, Deadline is saying Joy won’t be in it. That’s a serious damper.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/bill-skarsgard-lily-rose-depp-robert-eggers-nosferatu-focus-1235131507/amp/
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2022 Posts: 13,882

"Anya Taylor-Joy is officially billed as the the lead for “Nosferatu,”"

I'll stop you right there, you have my undivided attention. I would have gotten around to seeing this new version of Nosferatu eventually. The 70's version features one of my top 3 favourite Draculas. But with the casting of Anya Taylor-Joy, whose career I have followed since Morgan (I saw Morgan first, then I saw The VVitch, after hearing all the buzz around it), this have now been bumped up to 'must see'.

Dammit, I just saw your post @FoxRox.
    Serious bummer. Man, that just instantly took the wind out of my sails x( I much rather would have waited however long it took to fit her into it.
    No Joy is definitely a bummer. She'd be way better than Rose-Depp, I feel. Skarsgard should knock it out of the park at least.
    It will still be good. But not as good. All I’m going to be thinking of now is what could have been instead x( no other is on Joy’s level, in talent and looks.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2022 Posts: 5,834
    It's a shame but Skarsgard is great casting and I think Rose-Depp will deliver. Either way, Eggers is still at the helm and we know he's gonna pull off a great adaptation of a classic. I cannot wait!
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 12,243
    To be clear, I’ve nothing against Rose-Depp herself, I haven’t even really seen her in stuff. Or Skarsgard in that much. I would have been disappointed by absolutely anyone else x’P I need some consoling haha
    Yes, definitely not the fan casting I was after but Eggers has knocked it out of the park with his last three so I'm still incredibly optimistic.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No Joy is definitely a bummer.

That goes without saying.
    It’s downright depressing! Really wish they could have just held off until she was available. Waiting longer for best possible results is worth it.
    Why have they made Pinhead from Hellraiser a woman? Only just seen the trailer?
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I guess if you can't get Doug Bradley, you might as well gender-flip the lead cenobite. ;-)

I guess if you can't get Doug Bradley, you might as well gender-flip the lead cenobite. ;-)

:)) I just do not understand why they feel the pressure to do this? I absolutely love the Hell Raiser movies. Just reboot it?!
    edited October 2022 Posts: 23,449

:)) I just do not understand why they feel the pressure to do this? I absolutely love the Hell Raiser movies. Just reboot it?!

At the risk of coming off a bit -- uh -- sexist (?), I'd say there is something appealing if not downright hot about a female cenobite. The comics ventured into that gender territory ages ago and I rather like what they did with it. Also, I'm not sure this is a matter of pressure. I think horror flicks can comfortably flip genders without pushing an agenda of sorts. There's just so much fun to be had with it in this particular genre. ;-)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Pinhead is genderless anyway, so there's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. They weren't going to get Bradley again, and another male actor would draw even harsher comparisons to him.

I think she looks and sounds great. There's something even more unsettling about the grotesque appearance of Pinhead being given this air of femininity, as per The Hellbound Heart.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    How many times did Clive Barker used to say that his fiction was about subversion and transgression? Getting a trans woman to play Pinhead couldn't be more Clive Barker if it tried - I imagine Clive responded with a huge, enthusiastic grin when he found out!