Sleep in the TWINE submarine

2»

Comments

Slightly moving over from lodging to theme park attractions - could a Bond movie ride work ? The Mummy has (had ?) a great one at Universal's park in Florida. Or are Bond movies too grown up for theme parks ?
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm pretty sure there were plans years ago for a Bond ride or park but it never materialised :(

There was Licence To Thrill, which is more what we'd nowadays call '4D cinema':
    https://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20201218/29508/you-only-ride-once-classified-story-james-bond-007-license-thrill
    Well, not many people can say they woke up on their 45th birthday in a Bond submarine :)

I stayed in the sub with my partner and a friend and we had a spectacularly fun 4 days (except Tuesday night when it rained and the beds got damp).

The outside:

FceejyeWYAEHWBa.jpg

Enter via the 'dock', which has kitchen facilities, seats and a tiny bathroom.

FceejygWIAEjAbO.jpg

A cabin at each end and lots of fun toys amidships, including a really loud alarm bell we only discovered on our last day.

FceejygXoAIvn4-.jpg

Surprise! Pierce! Doesn't half make you jump when you get up in the night to visit the loo.

Fce7PdIXkAEt9iX.jpg

Bond bonus: stopped off at the Mermaid gin distillery to inspect their product, as seen in No Time To Die.

I had a gin & tonic rather than the Mermaid Vesper, but it was only 11am...

Fcm6XOgXEAAuV5p.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Okay that's pretty amazing. Congratulations you deserve it, @Agent_99.

That sub interior looks so cozy.
    edited September 2022 Posts: 3,099
    Okay that's pretty amazing. Congratulations you deserve it, @Agent_99.

Thank you! It was very much a week of treats and I feel very spoiled.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    That sub interior looks so cozy.

I was worried it would be claustrophobic but I did find it cosy! Having portholes that open helped.