James Bond Diecast Cars (All Brands).

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Can someone give me a good guesstimate as to how big the Triumph will be, how tall and how long in inches? Its 1:12 scale but that doesn't tell me much.
    Any news on when Triumph is finally out?
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Any news on when Triumph is finally out?

Corgi website is still saying 'Autumn 2022', which we're surely in now...

According to Wikipedia the real Scrambler is 2212mm long, which should make the model about 18.5cm.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited September 2022 Posts: 972
    Can someone give me a good guesstimate as to how big the Triumph will be, how tall and how long in inches? Its 1:12 scale but that doesn't tell me much.

1/12 for a motorbike model is pretty big. I believe Corgi made the right choice in choosing that scale for the bike model. I have a 1/12 Yamaha police bike. It's around the same length as a 1/18 car. Here's a pic to give you a rough idea of the scale of a 1/12 bike. That's a 1/18 car beside it.

46216475632_952a5bcdbf_b.jpg
    OK, it's a whopper then
    Got a Corgi catalogue in the post today after ordering some Airfix bits :) Scrambler length is given as 209mm.
    anyone heard anything on the release date for this bugger?

Most likely before Xmas.
    imranbecks wrote: »

Most likely before Xmas.

I hope so, this is to be my main Christmas present from Santa!
    Thank you for your review/query.

Item No CC08401 James Bond Triumph Scrambler – No Time To Die is supposed to be due for release early December 2022.

Please don’t hesitate to contact [email protected] if you have any further queries.
    I picked up a battered and unloved Matchbox truck for £2 and made it EXPLODE!

FjJ-s5iWAAIUBcb.jpg

FjJ-LWJXwAUDgQD.jpg

(Materials: cotton wool, paint, PVA glue, LED tealight.)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Damn, that is good.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

FjJ-s5iWAAIUBcb.jpg

FjJ-LWJXwAUDgQD.jpg

Brilliant!
    edited December 2022 Posts: 3,099
    Thank you both! It was a lot of messy fun :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That’s great fun.
    Not sure what I'm going to do with it now! Novelty table lamp?

FjJ-s5iWAAIUBcb.jpg

FjJ-LWJXwAUDgQD.jpg

Brillliant. I want one.

FjJ-s5iWAAIUBcb.jpg

FjJ-LWJXwAUDgQD.jpg

Very clever and creative!

=D> :-bd
    Thanks @ColonelSun and @RogueAgent!
    edited January 2023 Posts: 1,400
    And it has arrived. They did a really good job here, but it is very delicate. This one is staying' in the box for the most part. Of course, Corgi USA aka Hornby Hobbies still showing "pre-order."
    AuFPnvb.jpg
    gh61Pen.jpg
    Unyd5GD.jpg
    rND4MNA.jpg
    UFOi5qS.jpg
    That does look nice - I could believe it was a full-size bike! I'd love to see some shots of it outdoors (if you dare given the fragility).
    I will, if it ever stops raining in California.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 1,400
    Q Glider- Heaven only knows when this will ever arrive tho.Go to 10:59 mark
    Video here:
    vCF9UGp.png
    Q Glider- Heaven only knows when this will ever arrive tho.

Ooooooh. I definitely want one of those! And a Stingray too if I'm not mistaken!
    And it has arrived. They did a really good job here, but it is very delicate. This one is staying' in the box for the most part. Of course, Corgi USA aka Hornby Hobbies still showing "pre-order."

That looks great. Glad they went with 1/12 instead of the previously planned 1/24 for it. Imagine how tiny it would've been if it was 1/24. Would not have been as detailed that's for sure. 1/12 is just perfect to capture the details on a motorcycle.
    Any idea what the cost of the Q Glider from Corgi will be?
    Here's what the Brumm Bentley looks like. I was on the fence with buying a Little Lead Soldiers one until they told me that the Brumm was what THEY sold for a lot more, and just touched it up a bit. No thanks.
    Hg2YuQL.jpg
    I have a green Bentley like that, had it since I was a kid. It's at my parents house still, with countless other cars. This one was about 4 or 5 inches long. Not sure which brand though.

Been getting back into the James Bond Car Collection (1:43) recently. Started buying these in 2008, and amassed 36 of them before stopping, as travelling to the same newsagent every week was getting a bit much. A car with mag cost about $20 then.

Began collecting them again this year, and now paying double, but they are worth that. Focusing on the anniversary films first. Gotta have the magazine with it.

Finally catalogued the previous lot collected and was pleasantly surprised to see I had some of the more iconic vehicles/scenes, such as the Gibraltar Land Rover with Dalts hanging off the back, tuk tuk, moon buggy etc. Would've liked to see the SF PTS Defender and Hinx' Jag as well as continuing on, with a NTTD range.
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 6,728
    QBranch wrote: »
    I have a green Bentley like that, had it since I was a kid. It's at my parents house still, with countless other cars. This one was about 4 or 5 inches long. Not sure which brand though.

Been getting back into the James Bond Car Collection (1:43) recently. Started buying these in 2008, and amassed 36 of them before stopping, as travelling to the same newsagent every week was getting a bit much. A car with mag cost about $20 then.

Began collecting them again this year, and now paying double, but they are worth that. Focusing on the anniversary films first. Gotta have the magazine with it.

Finally catalogued the previous lot collected and was pleasantly surprised to see I had some of the more iconic vehicles/scenes, such as the Gibraltar Land Rover with Dalts hanging off the back, tuk tuk, moon buggy etc. Would've liked to see the SF PTS Defender and Hinx' Jag as well as continuing on, with a NTTD range.

I have most of them too from The James Bond Car Collection, some are superb renditions with neat background vistas. My only disappointment was they never did the Kenworth truck from LTK!
    That would be great in this scale, but then they'd have to do the fire truck, Texron tanker etc. I have the Matchbox Kenworth, and there's also the Corgi.