Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

1858687888991»

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited September 2022 Posts: 7,518
    :O :O :O

Where's @Risico007
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    So it wont be a physical release?
    No, doesn't look like it. Sometimes independent people online put together some pretty cool custom physical products for these things though.
    :O :O :O

Where's @Risico007

Sorry I just fainted someone said something about goldeneye coming back ….

In all seriousness I am happy because I get o play a Bond game on my new console it’s not my favorite bond game but meh
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Oh I thought it's the new 007 IOI game.

But, it's Goldeneye again..... Nothing new, they've been re-releasing that game many times.
    MI6HQ wrote: »

But, it's Goldeneye again..... Nothing new, they've been re-releasing that game many times.

They’ve never re-released it. They’ve made a few attempts at modernizing it or remaking it, but never a re-release.
    MI6HQ wrote: »

They’ve never re-released it. They’ve made a few attempts at modernizing it or remaking it, but never a re-release.

But I don’t want a rerelease I want a new game hell they could of just added 4-5 new levels on the existing game and I would of been happy
    Hey we take what we can get :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I've been enjoying this game on PC emulator in recent years, so I wasn't exactly crying out for a re-release, but I do like the idea of playing it on a modern Nintendo console.
    Do you watch Graslu00 on YouTube? Can't remember the exact spelling of his name, but I do know that's incorrect lol
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Do you watch Graslu00 on YouTube? Can't remember the exact spelling of his name, but I do know that's incorrect lol
    I do watch his videos, even from the other Bond games, particularly EoN. I'm only a casual gamer, so I enjoy sitting back and just watching others play. I think you got the name right!
    Same here about being a casual player and watching others.
    Hey we take what we can get :))

This is true but man the first new bond game in 10 years is this

Kind of a sucker punch the more I think about I it
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    What game is this?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 784
    Denbigh wrote: »

No way!

That bodes well for IO’s game.
    The video games I recommend the spy genre fans to play the most are:

1. The Operative: No One Lives Forever (2000):
    After international intelligence organization UNITY's reputation is put in jeopardy when half the active list of its special agents are assassinated across the globe, the administration of the agency resorts to desperate measures in desperate times by placing a rookie who aspires to be a high ranking field operative herself, Catherine "Cate" Archer is assigned to investigate and find the trail behind the killings which eventually leads her to the terrorist organization known as HARM. Throughout the course, Cate discovers that there are deadlier schemes planned ahead than the world has known since the war.

(I'd provide the piece with a link to a trailer, but none have been made that would actually sell the game to the viewer.)

2. XIII (2003):
    Adapted from the widely known Belgian comic books of the same name, the story follows an amnesiac who wakes up on the shores of the Mediterranean, unaware of his identity and the occurrence that preceded his injury across his left temple. As he finds himself being hunted by mysterious armed groups whether they'd be mercenaries or the police, he has himself down to discover the truth, exploring the fact that sometime prior to present day he actually assassinated the President of the United States. Dismissing the belief that he's capable of pulling horrible an act as such, he wanders from one corner of the world to another to bring the truth up on the surface, finding himself being aided by two people who claim to be his former teammates.

3. IGI 2: Covert Strike (2003):
    This has got to be the greatest stealth First-Person Shooter ever made, adding to the fact that Bravo Two Zero's Chris Ryan acted as a military consultant to the game, it puts the player in control of IGI operative David Jones in order to recover stolen EMP chips that would do more harm and damage than a nuclear strike if fallen into the wrong hands. Travelling from Eastern Europe, to North Africa and East Asia, Jones discovers the fate of the Western countries is hanging in the balance when a rogue Chinese military General, a madman plans to use those EMP chips to blindfold US intelligence and cripple the powers within, thus starting World War III.

4. Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001):
    Set against the backdrop of World War II, OSA (Office of Secret Actions, inspired by the real-life Office of Strategic Services) operatives William Joseph "B.J." Blazkowicz and Richard Wesley (more commonly known as Agent One) spark on a mission to investigate the truth behind ominous rumours regarding paranormal activities supposedly sanctioned by a high ranking Schutzstaffel leader and occult enthusiast Heinrich Himmler under the label "Operation: Resurrection", which it is believed he intends to use to win the war against the Allied Powers. Captured along the way, Agent One dies under a horrible torture while Blazkowicz breaks free and fights his way out, discovering both the use of heavy science and occult by the SS Paranormal Division is being carried out, thus racing against time to stop all the diabolical schemes before it is too late.

5. No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in HARM's Way (2002):
    Sequel to the critically acclaimed and commercially successful 2000 video game, set in 1968, a year after the events of the first, Cate Archer once again finds herself pitted against HARM after rumours about a certain "Project: Omega" comes to rise that concerns the elevation of a global threat that would urge the world's superpowers, US and the Soviets, to succumb into a war. Setting her foot in numerous countries as well as infiltrating countless facilities to uncover information regarding HARM's undertaking, Cate once again has to make sure an international chaos is averted.

6. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002):
    Many regard Blood Money as their favourite, I personally prefer the second installment to the rest since this one happens to be the entry that speaks to me the most. After the events of the first game, Agent 47 leaves his life behind and resides at a monastery in Sicily, working as a gardener as well as trying to find peace with his inner world. Soon he finds himself dragged back to the world of assassinations once the person he cares about most, Father Vittorio, is abducted by a Russian mobster and hold him hostage until 47 pays a ransom of half a million dollars. Unable to collect a sum as such, 47 reluctantly offers his services to the ICA in exchange for information regarding Father Vittorio's whereabouts. However, revelations over the course of the events bring him to discover that Vittorio's kidnapping was merely to lure him out by a man from his past who has larger schemes planned ahead than it was ever believed.

7. Alpha Protocol (2010):
    Most of you know the plot.

8. Hitman (2016):
    Again, most of you know the plot.

These are all my recommendations for the spy video games outside the James Bond series.
    The video games I recommend the spy genre fans to play the most are:

1. The Operative: No One Lives Forever (2000):
    After international intelligence organization UNITY's reputation is put in jeopardy when half the active list of its special agents are assassinated across the globe, the administration of the agency resorts to desperate measures in desperate times by placing a rookie who aspires to be a high ranking field operative herself, Catherine "Cate" Archer is assigned to investigate and find the trail behind the killings which eventually leads her to the terrorist organization known as HARM. Throughout the course, Cate discovers that there are deadlier schemes planned ahead than the world has known since the war.

(I'd provide the piece with a link to a trailer, but none have been made that would actually sell the game to the viewer.)

2. XIII (2003):
    Adapted from the widely known Belgian comic books of the same name, the story follows an amnesiac who wakes up on the shores of the Mediterranean, unaware of his identity and the occurrence that preceded his injury across his left temple. As he finds himself being hunted by mysterious armed groups whether they'd be mercenaries or the police, he has himself down to discover the truth, exploring the fact that sometime prior to present day he actually assassinated the President of the United States. Dismissing the belief that he's capable of pulling horrible an act as such, he wanders from one corner of the world to another to bring the truth up on the surface, finding himself being aided by two people who claim to be his former teammates.

3. IGI 2: Covert Strike (2003):
    This has got to be the greatest stealth First-Person Shooter ever made, adding to the fact that Bravo Two Zero's Chris Ryan acted as a military consultant to the game, it puts the player in control of IGI operative David Jones in order to recover stolen EMP chips that would do more harm and damage than a nuclear strike if fallen into the wrong hands. Travelling from Eastern Europe, to North Africa and East Asia, Jones discovers the fate of the Western countries is hanging in the balance when a rogue Chinese military General, a madman plans to use those EMP chips to blindfold US intelligence and cripple the powers within, thus starting World War III.

4. Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001):
    Set against the backdrop of World War II, OSA (Office of Secret Actions, inspired by the real-life Office of Strategic Services) operatives William Joseph "B.J." Blazkowicz and Richard Wesley (more commonly known as Agent One) spark on a mission to investigate the truth behind ominous rumours regarding paranormal activities supposedly sanctioned by a high ranking Schutzstaffel leader and occult enthusiast Heinrich Himmler under the label "Operation: Resurrection", which it is believed he intends to use to win the war against the Allied Powers. Captured along the way, Agent One dies under a horrible torture while Blazkowicz breaks free and fights his way out, discovering both the use of heavy science and occult by the SS Paranormal Division is being carried out, thus racing against time to stop all the diabolical schemes before it is too late.

5. No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in HARM's Way (2002):
    Sequel to the critically acclaimed and commercially successful 2000 video game, set in 1968, a year after the events of the first, Cate Archer once again finds herself pitted against HARM after rumours about a certain "Project: Omega" comes to rise that concerns the elevation of a global threat that would urge the world's superpowers, US and the Soviets, to succumb into a war. Setting her foot in numerous countries as well as infiltrating countless facilities to uncover information regarding HARM's undertaking, Cate once again has to make sure an international chaos is averted.

6. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002):
    Many regard Blood Money as their favourite, I personally prefer the second installment to the rest since this one happens to be the entry that speaks to me the most. After the events of the first game, Agent 47 leaves his life behind and resides at a monastery in Sicily, working as a gardener as well as trying to find peace with his inner world. Soon he finds himself dragged back to the world of assassinations once the person he cares about most, Father Vittorio, is abducted by a Russian mobster and hold him hostage until 47 pays a ransom of half a million dollars. Unable to collect a sum as such, 47 reluctantly offers his services to the ICA in exchange for information regarding Father Vittorio's whereabouts. However, revelations over the course of the events bring him to discover that Vittorio's kidnapping was merely to lure him out by a man from his past who has larger schemes planned ahead than it was ever believed.

7. Alpha Protocol (2010):
    Most of you know the plot.

8. Hitman (2016):
    Again, most of you know the plot.

These are all my recommendations for the spy video games outside the James Bond series.
    I might be late to comment on this however this is one best spy games list I’ve seen. Wolfenstein is underrated spy game I feel like. I’d also say Splinter Cell and Perfect Dark should be added to that list but overall 100% agree with your list even tho I’m not huge Hitman fan.