The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Good win by United, its only Ten hag's 6th game though the early sign's are good. Arsenal played well and are a legit title contender IMO.

For Arsenal this falls into those games where they play well, but individual errors and lack of experience plays a huge difference (too common for this club). They're the youngest PL side, and at times it shows. I don't think Arsenal are anyway near a title contender, nor do I genuinely think they will get top four. One can hope for a top four finish though.

For United, this is a sign of huge improvement. If Chelsea and Liverpool concede points going forward, they can be top four contenders – maybe even top three.

Arsenal look good from an outside perspective I think second is not beyond possibility, Liverpool are a shadow of the side they were last season.

It's odd to see Liverpool like they play right now (the Bournemouth game aside), but I think they will find their form again soon enough. Looking at the table from an entertainment perspective, it's fun that no team have got a gap already.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Good win by United, its only Ten hag's 6th game though the early sign's are good. Arsenal played well and are a legit title contender IMO.

For Arsenal this falls into those games where they play well, but individual errors and lack of experience plays a huge difference (too common for this club). They're the youngest PL side, and at times it shows. I don't think Arsenal are anyway near a title contender, nor do I genuinely think they will get top four. One can hope for a top four finish though.

For United, this is a sign of huge improvement. If Chelsea and Liverpool concede points going forward, they can be top four contenders – maybe even top three.

Arsenal look good from an outside perspective I think second is not beyond possibility, Liverpool are a shadow of the side they were last season.

It's odd to see Liverpool like they play right now (the Bournemouth game aside), but I think they will find their form again soon enough. Looking at the table from an entertainment perspective, it's fun that no team have got a gap already.

Bookies still have Liverpool as second favorites to win the league, to be honest I am not convinced. I think Liverpool may have a season similar to the one two seasons ago. Losing Mane and an aging midfield are issues Klopp needed to sort out.

---

benty1-1.png

Former England striker and Arsenal fan Darren Bent loses bet with Andy Goldstein.

• edited September 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Here's the gameweek 6 update! After two back-to-back gameweeks with gameweek average scores of 62 points, the average point in gameweek 6 was 45. There were some variance in gameweek scores, where owning lesser owned players like Rashford and Toney would likely give you a green arrow. Our gameweek 6 winner Team Xtreme own both, and ended the gameweek with 71 points, and a gameweek rank of 157 129. Congratulations! =D>

DQmRG0s.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    _________

We have another deadline this Saturday at 11:00 UK time. Have your teams ready by then!

Bookies still have Liverpool as second favorites to win the league, to be honest I am not convinced. I think Liverpool may have a season similar to the one two seasons ago. Losing Mane and an aging midfield are issues Klopp needed to sort out.

---

benty1-1.png

Former England striker and Arsenal fan Darren Bent loses bet with Andy Goldstein.

Really? City are surely clear of everyone else, even though they've sold Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling. Liverpool will have a good season I think, even though they've had a bad start; they're still a very good team. But as you mention above, they have issues they have to address in upcoming transfer windows.

What was the bet between Bent and Goldstein?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

---

benty1-1.png

Really? City are surely clear of everyone else, even though they've sold Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling. Liverpool will have a good season I think, even though they've had a bad start; they're still a very good team. But as you mention above, they have issues they have to address in upcoming transfer windows.

That green arrow gave me a 1M rank climb, was very much needed after my last 2 GW's.

If Goldstein/Man United had lost Goldstein would have had to wear an Arsenal shirt live on Air.

Tuchel sacked according to reports...

Edited...

Chelsea part company with head coach Thomas Tuchel
    https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12691893/chelsea-part-company-with-head-coach-thomas-tuchel

A club statement read: "On behalf of everyone at Chelsea FC, the Club would like to place on record its gratitude to Thomas and his staff for all their efforts during their time with the Club. Thomas will rightly have a place in Chelsea's history after winning the Champions League, the Super Cup and Club World Cup in his time here.

"As the new ownership group reaches 100 days since taking over the Club, and as it continues its hard work to take the club forward, the new owners believe it is the right time to make this transition.

"Chelsea's coaching staff will take charge of the team for training and the preparation of our upcoming matches as the Club moves swiftly to appoint a new head coach."

Too early IMO unless there is major friction behind the scenes. Tuchel is a top class manager though some of Chelsea's recruitment puzzles me they have spent a lot of money. Perhaps since the new owners came in they wanted to go in a different direction to Tuchel, will be interesting to see who comes in, Poch is out of work no doubt his name will be in the frame.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Delighted Tuchel is gone. Incredibly annoying man.

---

benty1-1.png

That green arrow gave me a 1M rank climb, was very much needed after my last 2 GW's.

If Goldstein/Man United had lost Goldstein would have had to wear an Arsenal shirt live on Air.

Edited...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12691893/chelsea-part-company-with-head-coach-thomas-tuchel

A club statement read: "On behalf of everyone at Chelsea FC, the Club would like to place on record its gratitude to Thomas and his staff for all their efforts during their time with the Club. Thomas will rightly have a place in Chelsea's history after winning the Champions League, the Super Cup and Club World Cup in his time here.

"As the new ownership group reaches 100 days since taking over the Club, and as it continues its hard work to take the club forward, the new owners believe it is the right time to make this transition.

"Chelsea's coaching staff will take charge of the team for training and the preparation of our upcoming matches as the Club moves swiftly to appoint a new head coach."

Too early IMO unless there is major friction behind the scenes. Tuchel is a top class manager though some of Chelsea's recruitment puzzles me they have spent a lot of money. Perhaps since the new owners came in they wanted to go in a different direction to Tuchel, will be interesting to see who comes in, Poch is out of work no doubt his name will be in the frame.

Well done! It just shows how a few right decisions this early in the FPL season can have such a huge impact on overall rank. One prominent FPL content creator has previously tweeted that he doesn't give too much thought about overall rank until around gameweek 10. Makes sense really, as there so much that can happen.

Ah, I see. Not the worst punishment from losing a bet though! :))

Can definitely see how Chelsea want to make changes, as things have clearly not worked out for them so far this season. On the other hand, we're still very much in the early stages of the season…

---

benty1-1.png

Edited...

Well done! It just shows how a few right decisions this early in the FPL season can have such a huge impact on overall rank. One prominent FPL content creator has previously tweeted that he doesn't give too much thought about overall rank until around gameweek 10. Makes sense really, as there so much that can happen.

Can definitely see how Chelsea want to make changes, as things have clearly not worked out for them so far this season. On the other hand, we're still very much in the early stages of the season…

True things ca change in FPL very quickly, a differential can changes things in a flash. i just need to stay with the pack and not do anything stupid like not captaining Haaland :))

Potter to Chelsea allover the media.

---

Liverpool currently 4 - 0 down in Napoli after 47 minutes, the team is in crisis surely.

Salah out in FPL...
    Brighton v Crystal Palace GW8 has been postponed due to rail strike.

---

Will Mo Salah's goal return reduce this season? 🤔 Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler assess his new role

Food for thought from an FPL perspective.

---

benty1-1.png

Edited...

True things ca change in FPL very quickly, a differential can changes things in a flash. i just need to stay with the pack and not do anything stupid like not captaining Haaland :))

Potter to Chelsea allover the media.

---

It's the balance between playing safe and taking a few calculated risks and/or trusting your gut feeling that shoots you up the rankings. Doesn't have to be the captaincy either – just owning Rashford and Toney was enough to make that 1m rank climb!

Potter is certainly a great pick for Chelsea, but I wonder if Chelsea is the best fit for him, who might thrive best being given time to build a project – which is not something Chelsea is known for with their managerial track record. You'd think he'd be better off at a club like Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. On the other hand, this is a chance that doesn't present itself very often, so you get why he might be very interested.

Hahaha, great video! :))
    Brighton v Crystal Palace GW8 has been postponed due to rail strike.

---

Will Mo Salah's goal return reduce this season? 🤔 Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler assess his new role

Food for thought from an FPL perspective.

I had pencilled gameweek 8 as a potential wildcard gameweek. Will have to see if we get confirmation when this game is rescheduled to, before pulling the trigger or not.

Liverpool are becoming quite the FPL headache. I don't know yet if I dare go without Salah and Alexander-Arnold, but their performances suggests you can spend the money elsewhere…
    Gomez and TAA were shocking, Liverpool lucky to only lose 4 - 1.Liverpool midfield looks like its well past its peak.
    Gomez and TAA were shocking, Liverpool lucky to only lose 4 - 1.Liverpool midfield looks like its well past its peak.

Saw the defensive work of the Liverpool players for one of the goals they conceded, and it was shockingly bad. I already have fires to put out in by defence, and I've added Trent to that list…
    Premier League and English Football League games called off following death of Queen Elizabeth II
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62846756?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA

The mourning period for a Monarch is 10 days, it's possible that next weeks games will be cancelled also.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Bit miffed about that. Seems silly.
    You understand the reason why they want to cancel games. On the other hand, I've seen several international fans writing on Twitter that their long planned trips to various cities and games are now a waste of time and hard earned money. People that might wait years for a chance to visit their respective club's games again…
    My understanding is events being canceled was not oblicitary and it was a choice made by the Premier League to cancel, there are still other sports going ahead.
    My understanding is events being canceled was not oblicitary and it was a choice made by the Premier League to cancel, there are still other sports going ahead.

Yes, I see cricket and rugby will go ahead as planned.

Just watching Let's Talk FPL Andy is going through the above information. Because of the European games midweek I have not done anything, I was thinking of rolling over a transfer in any case.

Just watching Let's Talk FPL Andy is going through the above information. Because of the European games midweek I have not done anything, I was thinking of rolling over a transfer in any case.

I had a transfer (and potentially a hit) planned for the weekend. Will now save the free transfer and reassess when we get further news about gameweek 8. I had been looking at which gameweek to play the wildcard, in order to sort out some issues. With two free transfers available – and potentially having to play one FT if gameweek 8 doesn't go ahead, then I might hold the wildcard just a little bit longer.

A lot can happen in that time though, so playing the wildcard might be inevitable in the end even so.

I had a transfer (and potentially a hit) planned for the weekend. Will now save the free transfer and reassess when we get further news about gameweek 8. I had been looking at which gameweek to play the wildcard, in order to sort out some issues. With two free transfers available – and potentially having to play one FT if gameweek 8 doesn't go ahead, then I might hold the wildcard just a little bit longer.

A lot can happen in that time though, so playing the wildcard might be inevitable in the end even so.

The break will benefit a few managers certainly the likes of Potter at Chelsea and Brighton coaching staff to name a few sides, more prep time to deal with recent changes. Liverpool may also get players back and work toward sorting out issues.

The break will benefit a few managers certainly the likes of Potter at Chelsea and Brighton coaching staff to name a few sides, more prep time to deal with recent changes. Liverpool may also get players back and work toward sorting out issues.

Certainly, the extra days of rest and preparations the teams get, might make us look at our FPL assets differently.

The postponement has made it difficult for me to plan ahead. I had a few transfers planned or at least under consideration, but I have no idea what to do now, as some transfers are less appealing given the gameweek 8 fixtures - and if gameweek 8 is also postponed – gameweek 9 fixtures.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    You understand the reason why they want to cancel games. On the other hand, I've seen several international fans writing on Twitter that their long planned trips to various cities and games are now a waste of time and hard earned money. People that might wait years for a chance to visit their respective club's games again…

Yes it's quite unfair on those people.
    Even scottish football is PP which seems even stranger.

Got access to La liga so i will be watching that instead.

Back of the net! Cup starts in GW34 ?

Yes it's quite unfair on those people.
    Even scottish football is PP which seems even stranger.

Got access to La liga so i will be watching that instead.

Back of the net! Cup starts in GW34 ?

Considered watching a couple of La Liga games myself as well, but a little break from football doesn't hurt now and then, so I decided to do some errands instead!

Hadn't checked until you mentioned it @007InAction, but you're right, the cup starts in gameweek 34!
    Is there a new Cup competition for individual leagues?
    Is there a new Cup competition for individual leagues?

Didn't read the rules in detail last season, but the current rules are:
    A League Cup will be created for all Invitational Classic Leagues. The League Cups will start in the second half of the season dependent on the size of your league and will conclude in Gameweek 38.
    Just occurred to me I now have 2 free transfers, best to hold off until we get news on fixtures though i will have to use one of them at some point.
    Hearing news that Man United v Leeds, Chelsea v Liverpool are off other games as far as I am aware still going ahead. Something to do with policing issues and the category of said games fall under. The cancelled games are category A.

Serious pile up with the World Cup looming, plus Arsenal Europa game off. Manchester United not playing in the Prem for a month as international break is coming up. It's a bit of a mess.

Already made a transfer, wish I had not at this point if other games are canceled.

Edited: Its been confirmed, just checked FPL as things stand I can field 10 players one likely being on the bench I have one free transfer left. Also I have Dias and Cancelo one or both could be benched we know what Pep roulette is like though with no games this past weekend hopefully city will field a strong side..
    Just occurred to me I now have 2 free transfers, best to hold off until we get news on fixtures though i will have to use one of them at some point.
    Hearing news that Man United v Leeds, Chelsea v Liverpool are off other games as far as I am aware still going ahead. Something to do with policing issues and the category of said games fall under. The cancelled games are category A.

Serious pile up with the World Cup looming, plus Arsenal Europa game off. Manchester United not playing in the Prem for a month as international break is coming up. It's a bit of a mess.

Already made a transfer, wish I had not at this point if other games are canceled.

Edited: Its been confirmed, just checked FPL as things stand I can field 10 players one likely being on the bench I have one free transfer left. Also I have Dias and Cancelo one or both could be benched we know what Pep roulette is like though with no games this past weekend hopefully city will field a strong side..

This is really a tricky situation for FPL managers to navigate through. Definitely see why making an early transfer makes sense, if you have two free transfers going into this gameweek.

I can field 11 players if I take a hit, by the looks of it. But that includes Stones, who's injury doubt. 70/30 in favour of playing the wildcard now, as things stand…