Comments

• edited June 2022 Posts: 784
    Stromae

Ghetts feat. Stormzy

Dave

Random 007 Beat

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Nice ideas. That last one is surprisingly enjoyable :)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2022 Posts: 4,416
    The Goldman Brothers

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Has anyone mentioned The Hollies ? Not their typical sort of song, but "Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress" (actually inspired by John Fogerty and "Born On the Bayou") had superb tempo, cool lyrics about dangerous people including a woman so fine you'd stop working for the FBI (or MI6 ?) and become a bad guy, and great guitar (like the James Bond Theme). Of course, not that it should be mimicked, but it shows they could have done a proper Bond theme, methinks.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Stromae

Ghetts feat. Stormzy

Dave

Flowdan

Idris Elba

Random 007 Beat

Does anyone know who did that painting of Craig, gun and Aston?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Broken Bells are back and have released their first new track, and I still think that Danger Mouse would be great to get for a Bond theme:

I thought I already noted this, but don't see it - Blondie, song Atomic. Around that time, during R Moore's run of Bond films.

FKA Twigs from the Kingsman two versions of the song
    Killer by FKA Twigs
    FKA Twigs live performance of three songs
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Beyonce
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Beyonce

I agree, although I feel she has been barred for life from doing a Bond song due to being in Austin Powers.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

One of the best rock songs I've ever listened to @Thunderfinger. The guitars are relentless.

• Off the top of my head, there's Oasis (still want Noel Gallagher to do one)

This. Hope it can still happen with Noel. I guess he’s more experienced now than with Oasis so a better fit. Maybe with Johnny Marr as he’s already in the circle. That to me would be a dream come true as a big Oasis fan.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Off the top of my head, there's Oasis (still want Noel Gallagher to do one)

This. Hope it can still happen with Noel. I guess he’s more experienced now than with Oasis so a better fit. Maybe with Johnny Marr as he’s already in the circle. That to me would be a dream come true as a big Oasis fan.

Absolutely! This alone would have improved SPECTRE.

• George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited August 2022 Posts: 539

I'd prefer Liam to do one personally. I really had my hopes up that he might get picked for NTTD. Great to see there are some Oasis fans on here. They're as important to me as Bond.
    Big Oasis fan here too. Yeah, I think Liam is better than Noel. Not saying Noel is bad, but Liam knows how to get your emotions purging more.

• Off the top of my head, there's Oasis (still want Noel Gallagher to do one)

I'd prefer Liam to do one personally. I really had my hopes up that he might get picked for NTTD. Great to see there are some Oasis fans on here. They're as important to me as Bond.

Same here! Great stuff! We do have great taste in everything don’t we 😉
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2022 Posts: 7,889

Same here! Great stuff! We do have great taste in everything don’t we 😉

In general I’ve preferred Liam’s recent material to Noel’s but either could produce a great Bond theme.
    My preference would be that they work on one together; the chances of that happening are slim to none.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2022 Posts: 14,861

Maybe he shouldn't do a theme, but this tune by Ynys is very much in the Bond sensibility I'd say.

I couldn't agree more @mtm love the track!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Glad you enjoy; I heard it on the radio this evening and liked it too.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2022 Posts: 14,861
    Well, you'd have to be mad to not be up for that, although I'm not sure he's always great at playing with other peoples' themes.
    It's certainly nice to get an update on Indiana Jones though: it's just nice to know that even 30% of a new Indy score exists somewhere in the world right now.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,341
    How about this dude ?
    486x486bb.png\
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

He is, but he's still John Williams.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    If we’re talking 70s/80s era Williams, that would be incredible.

Funny thing is that John Williams will probably NEVER do a Bond score, but even after he passes away his chances are higher than David Arnold’s.