The Man from U.N.C.L.E.: original series & films

1676869707173»

Comments

M_Blaise wrote: »
    Before the movie I thought Ryan Gosling would be the perfect Solo, The Gray Man is obviously the closest we'll get though.

Would there not be a Russian actor right for the part ? Also, for Solo - Michael Fassbender probably better for it than he would be for Bond !
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Since62 wrote: »
    Before the movie I thought Ryan Gosling would be the perfect Solo, The Gray Man is obviously the closest we'll get though.

Would there not be a Russian actor right for the part ? Also, for Solo - Michael Fassbender probably better for it than he would be for Bond !

I think currently Russian actors are (rightfully so) hard to come-by. And personally I'm not waiting for a film where any Russian is helping safe the world, considering what they're doing to it day and night.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

I think currently Russian actors are (rightfully so) hard to come-by. And personally I'm not waiting for a film where any Russian is helping safe the world, considering what they're doing to it day and night.

Interesting point - in the 60s it was radical and lovely to see Russia and America working together as part of an international organisation, so who would get paired up today?
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 1,545

VERY good point. I'll amend - Actor of Russian origin who GOT THE EFF OUT and is not fan of Bad Vlad Poopin'

WAIT ! BETTER idea ! Next time up, Ilya be Ukrainian...

Why would Solo be Russian? Have I missed something?

Not Solo. Illya Kuryakin. Apologies if my writing indicated otherwise.

Not Solo. Illya Kuryakin. Apologies if my writing indicated otherwise.

You must have misread my post, as it was about Solo.

VERY good point. I'll amend - Actor of Russian origin who GOT THE EFF OUT and is not fan of Bad Vlad Poopin'

In the TV series, Illya grew up in the Ukraine.
    delfloria wrote: »

Perfect !
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    delfloria wrote: »

Perfect !

Can't wait for the next installment! ;-)
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,342
    The Fall of Armie Hammer: A Family Saga of Sex, Money, Drugs, and Betrayal

The actor’s life seemed perfect—beautiful wife and kids, sparkling Hollywood career. But a glimpse into his family history reveals how shocking allegations over dark fantasies of cannibalism and bondage—and the ensuing fallout—are one more chapter in the Hammers’ fraught legacy.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/03/the-fall-of-armie-hammer-a-family-saga-of-sex-money-drugs-and-betrayal

The Fall of Armie Hammer: A Family Saga of Sex, Money, Drugs, and Betrayal

The actor’s life seemed perfect—beautiful wife and kids, sparkling Hollywood career. But a glimpse into his family history reveals how shocking allegations over dark fantasies of cannibalism and bondage—and the ensuing fallout—are one more chapter in the Hammers’ fraught legacy.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/03/the-fall-of-armie-hammer-a-family-saga-of-sex-money-drugs-and-betrayal

I thought his statement regarding cannibalism was a naughty joke, in reference to liking to give a lover oral pleasure...not so ?
    reads a bit too much like wishfull thinking. Not that I'm not wishfull.
    Even if it is true, there is a long way between now and if it ever sees the light of day.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2023 Posts: 4,416
    Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre new movie by same directer (And made by the company that bought MGM) did 1,4 million in 3 weaks in The Netherlands (Released here by The Searchers), the movie is not released yet in the VS.

The Man From Uncle did half in total what this movie did, possible thanks to the Dutch R-rating of 16 and bad promotion like a misleading trailer. I stil hope on second Man From Uncle and better it be 12 (PG13). In 2021 there introduce 14 rank, that is even possible. Vikander also should be back, because if not that wil going to be thing.
    I wish they'd made an actual adaptation of the show instead of just 60's spy movie with the same character names.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 17,241
    Sometimes we're fortunate that some of these old 60's shows get a Blu-ray treatment – like Mission:Impossible got recently. Have there been any rumours about a Blu-ray release of the The Man from U.N.C.L.E. original series?
    R.I.P. David McCallum aka Illya Nickovetch Kuryakin. Sad day indeed.
    I hate it when you hear the name of an older actor on the news and you just know before they say the rest of the sentence. RIP David.
    RIP David, but on the other had, seems like a rich and fulfilling live. Therefore, I salute you!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Enjoy one of his coolest tracks

mtm wrote: »
    Enjoy one of his coolest tracks

Brilliant!