Bond Clothing

1235»

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

For those looking for an alternative to Bond's blue linen jacket that he wears in Matera:

https://www.zara.com/us/en/textured-pocket-jacket-p00706432.html?v1=161921663&v2=2056396

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Has anyone created custom clothing on Zazzle? What's the quality like?

I made up a design for one of Bond's neck ties. It's pretty straight forward: you just upload your background, pattern, text etc. and you can tile the pattern and naturally, preview it before buying.

It was surprisingly cheap, but then again the pattern design would be printed on and not sewn. If it turns out alright, I'll post some pics.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 1,351
    Does anyone own any Sunspel T-Shirts. I have a few of their Riviera polos that I love and need some new plain T-shirts, but the price is of course wild. So any experience?
    QBranch wrote: »
    I made up a design for one of Bond's neck ties.
    So, I had fun designing the tie - it took longer to arrive than expected, but got it just in time for the weekend. We've seen some fantastic research and replicas of Bond's neckties over on AJB, but I wanted to try something different. As part of the journey expanding my prop making interests into the video games, I recreated Bond's necktie from the excellent Everything or Nothing - perhaps Brosnan's boldest tie yet, with it's yellow diamonds and dark brown (or charcoal in some images) striping. A few pics below of its cut scene and in-game appearance, website previews and rolled up on my desk.

52361871224_b760eb527a_o.png
    52360615167_8445a41f2a_o.png
    52361871664_6583237f25_o.png
    52361982450_0d45fd6566_o.png
    52363864925_8744cd7b72_o.png

Since submitting this design, I've tweaked it a bit, muting the colours to be a little less bright.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Bogner hoodie; 450.00. Ski cap; 180. Yeah, sure. The elitist marketing continues.
    https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/bogner-releases-first-official-pieces-007-collection
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There are quite a lot of affordable and good T-shirts on the 007 site though.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mtm wrote: »
    There are quite a lot of affordable and good T-shirts on the 007 site though.

I wouldn't mind that gunbarrel one they've got up there now.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 8,680
    I've just looked at this thread for the very first time. Anyone who likes the stuff discussed here, fine with me. But I'm happy with having abolished ties for good (even while I was still acting as a lawyer on German courts until I rescinded my bar admission per the end of last year), and now with being back to what I wore in the Seventies: sweatshirts and jeans (same size as then, even!).

I'm also still proud of never having worn a tuxedo/dinner jacket even once during the last 65 years. Hooray! I wouldn't spend a single cent on any of that supposed "007" stuff. C&A or other bargain retailers do it for me regarding T-shirts. No shirt more than 5 euros.

PS: Yeah, I'm ready to take flak on this. ;M-)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    To each his own!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Making other people look good is usually my thing, I can see @j_w_pepper could make that difficult.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @j_w_pepper, you are actually a lot more Bondian in your statement than maybe you realize. I think Bond, particularly Fleming's version, represents a man with his own sense of style that isn't dictated by what others wear or what others think. He wears what suits him, what he likes, and what he finds comfortable, so in your own way, by finding your own sense of style and sticking to it you are being very Bondian. What wouldn't be Bondian is just wearing what everyone else is wearing in an effort to come off as "cool" or wearing a brand that you don't like just because it's popular. I think we can all take inspiration from Bond in that way, picking clothes that speak to us or that suit us and wearing it like a second skin. It's that confidence in how you look that feels more Bondian to me than exactly what you're wearing.

I personally don't have any interest in buying the exact versions of anything Bond wears, not just because it's stuff that is always needlessly overpriced, but also because I think it's far more interesting to let Bond's sense of style influence your own in more organic ways. If you just wear screen accurate pieces, you're kind of a walking cosplay, and I wouldn't feel in my own skin if I did that.

But Bond has definitely inspired my sense of style, or opened me up to wearing things that I maybe wouldn't have thought of before. Craig's run really inspired me, more than any other, because I really dug the casual style of his Bond. I think Dan's Bond single handedly made me a lifelong lover of polos, for instance, and I enjoy pairing them with slacks for a nice and comfortable ensemble during warmer months. I also really love that Dan's Bond brought denim back to Bond's warddrobe, and found a way to make such a workman's material worthy of 007 himself. when it comes to more formal style I definitely stick to the kinds of stuff I could imagine Dan or Sean's Bonds wearing, because their suits were kept very simplistic in their colors and stand out as timeless in their look because of it. Have never and will never be a fan of suits with crazy colors, or ties with all sorts of decorative patterns, and I think Anthony Sinclair's work from the 60s stands the test of time in style and fit for a reason: it was perfect.

I have a fascinating relationship with suits. I usually only wear them for weddings and funerals, as my work doesn't require any dressing up. I have a love and hate relationship with formal dressing because while you do feel a lot more confident and in command in a suit (I swear, it's just something that comes over you when you dress up), they are definitely not the most comfortable things to wear, particularly with a tie. There is something inherently restrictive about them, and I enjoy taking it all off as much as I enjoy how I feel when I wear them. I imagine if I wore one every day that feeling of comfort would wear in, but because I have long periods between each time I wear one, that sense of comfort doesn't grow in.
  • redherringredherring Netherlands
    edited October 2022 Posts: 15
    Regarding the cufflinks; if you have identified them and they weren't custom made, you might as well buy the real thing on Etsy. Vintage shopping is better for the environment and authenticity is way more exciting than a remake! :)
    Personally I'm not into wearing the exact Bond clothing seen in the films - as Brady says, it's all too cosplay and I like to try find my own style. I do think it's kinda cool to wear Bondian alternatives though, with your own twist on it.

Not all clothing guys buy the gear to wear. Some buy it to sit on a shelf and gather dust. Some like to delve into the custom outfits with fictional companies emblazoned across them. In the past, I've had iron-on patches commissioned. I like the smaller items, such as hats, cufflinks, belts etc. - things that can display rather nicely alongside a Walther and mobile phone.

It was disappointing to see the EON necktie get no love whatsoever. A fun item from not just one of the series absolute best video games, but Brozza's last hurrah as Bond. This was an outside-the-box project, something never done before. I was really excited about showing it here.

Yes, the game props are still a largely untapped area of Bond collecting, and to see the clothes from any given game is as rare as a snowbird in hell. It's always quite a surreal experience taking an intangible 'asset' which only exists in cyberspace and bringing it into the real world, giving it another dimension. I had hoped others would see the project, or at least the concept as something unique and different, but I guess there's just no time to tie.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @QBranch, I did see the tie project you had going on a while back when you initially posted it, and did think it was rather cool and interesting. I was interested in how you were able to bring it "into life," but never directly commented my interest. I'd like to see the updated one you made, as my initial thought about it was that it was a cool recreation, but far too bright in its color. A muted option was definitely the way to go, and would make it an actual piece you could wear with a suit without it feeling too showy or out of place.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Hi mate, I haven't had the second version made yet, but you can get an idea from the previews here, where the colours are a bit dirtier/washed out.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52430430242_75e08e4d34_o.png

I'm waiting on a different tie to arrive - it takes about five weeks from submission to delivery, so it's a bit of a slog to wait and see how the colours really turn out before tweaking them.
    @QBranch, from my eye, looking at the shots from the game I get a gold color from it, not a yellow one. But maybe I am just seeing it in more limited lighting and there are shots of it in game in more light that reveal it to be brighter.

One of the most fascinating and frustrating things about certain colors is just how malleable their appearance under different light conditions. Deep blues or dark, muted greens can be stark blacks, a dark olive can easily look brown, etc.
    Yes, the colours change a little from cut-scene to cut-scene, even the stripes can look dark brown, dark grey or charcoal depending on the frame. A happy medium will suffice.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I do like ties, and recently taught myself to tie a bow tie, but that's because nobody has made me wear a tie since I left school. (A friend who had to wear a tie for work every day told me that on his retirement he put it in a metal waste-paper basket, set it on fire and did a dance round it.)

I've also discovered that if I wear a tuxedo to a wedding, I'm way more comfortable than I would be in a dress and get loads of compliments, so that's a win-win :)
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited October 2022 Posts: 8,680
    Making other people look good is usually my thing, I can see @j_w_pepper could make that difficult.

Hi, @RichardTheBruce,

I guess I'm not part of your target group.... I only buy clothes when my previous clothes need replacement. No other reason, ever. Fashion has always been a dirty word for me, or at least very negatively connotated. Superficial, volatile, and for gullible consumers. And the only brand I follow is Levi's, since I found that those suckers at least FIT! For the last 45 years or so. (OK, for sweatshirts I'd check for Fruit of the Loom first, but that's it.)

I was glad, even 30 years ago, to be able to discard my cufflinks when I found that my no-iron (! - yes, my aim was to stop ironing!) Esprit business shirts had buttons of their own. And now I'm about to discard the remainder of those business shirts (about 12 or so left) pretty soon since I won't be wearing them any more. And they're yellowish in places anyway.

Karl Lagerfeld was quoted as saying “Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life, so you bought some sweatpants.” I do wear sweatpants (FOTL) at home much of the time, though not when I go out in public. That's when the Levi's come in. But I wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing the kind of stuff that Karl Lagerfeld wore. (Although for a time he even went to the same school as me, 20-some years before, and we had the same arts and biology teachers...but that's another story.)

Cheers
    J-w
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yeah I was trying to convey I'm more on the minimalist end, not one for labels and high end clothes (but therefore making folks look good in comparison). No ironing, I'm there as well unless I'm traveling and pulling a shirt out of my bag. So you can lead the way as I approach retirement myself @j_w_pepper, no conflict there at all.