The Petrolhead Lounge

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The top one looks like a slug. The bottom one just looks meh to me. It's probably very economical, but bland as sin to look at.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I don't want my car to interact with pedestrians. It just attracts the wrong kind of people. The interior fabrics look recycled from 1980ies-aerobic outfits - ugh!

Can you tell I am not impressed?
    I agree with you.
    Too tacky, not enough quality and style for me.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I love it when he says 'a model between the mini cooper and mini countryman. So it fills that gap'. What gap? Was there a gap then? Anyway, I think the automotive industry is moving from building cars to building gatgets. The other day I walked closely past a tesla S. It found it necessary to turn its lights on for .... no reason other than to 'interact' with me? B*****R off. I know there is little space between you and me. Talk to your driver who left no space for pedestrians!

And a car that calls me 'hey friend'. Ugh. And how are all those moving colours on the dashboard safe when you're driving?

I certainly hope this car is a misfire so other companies are not enticed to go the same way.
    Agree with you, BMW/Mini are losing it. Watch the competition, I think a lot of interesting design ideas come from Mercedes Benz and the Korean marques.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 2,341
    It looks like a clown's car :))
    Sean Connery's private DB5 is up for auction right now.

1654419320_mst.jpg

1964 Aston Martin DB5 with red interior and in very good shape.
    Estimate $1,400,000 - $1,800,000
    Nice colour: Snow Shadow Grey

zebrafish wrote: »
    Sean Connery's private DB5 is up for auction right now.

1654419320_mst.jpg

1964 Aston Martin DB5 with red interior and in very good shape.
    Estimate $1,400,000 - $1,800,000
    Nice colour: Snow Shadow Grey

How incredible would it be to be the new owner of this?!!! \:D/
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2022 Posts: 14,861
    You can also buy James Bond's 'DB5' from No Time To Die :)
    For a mere... £2million!

2022_CKS_21364_0007_000(no_time_to_die_no_time_to_die_aston_martin_db5_stunt_car060719).jpg?mode=max

https://www.christies.com/en/lot/lot-6385180

And if you don't like that, there's always his V8 :D

2022_CKS_21364_0011_000(no_time_to_die_no_time_to_die_aston_martin_v8050741).jpg?mode=max

https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-6385184?ldp_breadcrumb=back&intObjectID=6385184&from=salessummary&lid=1

I saw both of these on show today! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    mtm wrote: »

Yep, me too! pity they're only going to make 10.
    Vic and the boys have fun with the Vanquish

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Watched Bridge of Spies the other day, and noticed this rather nice-looking Volvo:

i858854.jpg
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yes, wasn't it the car driven by the East German lawyer who was involved in the exchange? Wolfgang Vogel (portrayed by Sebastian Koch in the movie) was active as a sort-of-neutral arbiter in the exchange of (political) prisoners for years, or rather decades, until the GDR collapsed and Germany was largely re-united. Vogel died in 2008, in the West, by the way. He certainly was one of those in the GDR who did not have to wait for 20 years to obtain a Trabant car, and I remember him (in his later years) having a Mercedes W126 (that's what you call an "S" class today) even before the GDR collapsed along with the East Bloc.
    Racing the €1.7M Ferrari Monza SP1 in Maranello
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    New Dodge Charger concept car with strange 'engine' noise (which very much sounds like it's coming out of a speaker here)

Why does it even rev? EVs don't rev.
    I think it's a good looking car. The sound, as I understand is, is the calling sound for mating season of the Dodges. A rare breed of living automobiles. Or, simply, put in there for certain drivers who need to compensate for something....
    Classic.
    E6DLou1UcAg_auN?format=jpg&name=small
    LEGO Receives ‘Licence to Build’ 350,000-Piece James Bond DB5 Replica
    james-bond-007-lego.png
    https://manofmany.com/rides/cars/lego-receives-licence-to-build-350000-piece-james-bond-db5-replica
    Bentley Mulliner Batur only £2 Million

Anyone like it ?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not very keen. And if you look at the front the wrong way it has a particularly dopey smile :D
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Yes, wasn't it the car driven by the East German lawyer who was involved in the exchange? Wolfgang Vogel (portrayed by Sebastian Koch in the movie) was active as a sort-of-neutral arbiter in the exchange of (political) prisoners for years, or rather decades, until the GDR collapsed and Germany was largely re-united. Vogel died in 2008, in the West, by the way. He certainly was one of those in the GDR who did not have to wait for 20 years to obtain a Trabant car, and I remember him (in his later years) having a Mercedes W126 (that's what you call an "S" class today) even before the GDR collapsed along with the East Bloc.

It is indeed. And that’s very interesting, I didn’t know that. Must have been rather inconspicuous driving such cars around in the GDR.

Anyone like it ?

It does not scream Bentley at me, but then I am probably also never going to see one in my life time (which I can totally live with).

The shape of the sidelines between the wheelarches are what every other car seems to have at the moment, the angled vents behind the front wheels look like an unfinished job. Otherwise, I like the general proportions, but it could be any car (especially from the rear).
    Man implants Tesla key into his hand

That's handy..... :)) 8-}
    edited August 2022 Posts: 7,946
    zebrafish wrote: »

Anyone like it ?

It does not scream Bentley at me, but then I am probably also never going to see one in my life time (which I can totally live with).

The shape of the sidelines between the wheelarches are what every other car seems to have at the moment, the angled vents behind the front wheels look like an unfinished job. Otherwise, I like the general proportions, but it could be any car (especially from the rear).

They confuse me with this commercail. They say it is a 'revolutionary' new design, even though it clearly follows the lines of earlier Bentley's. It is the 'design language for future electric cars', but has a new incarnation of the 20 y/o W12 engine. Is it me or does this all make little sense?
    Man implants Tesla key into his hand

That's handy..... :)) 8-}

hope he doesn't need to sell it anytime soon.....

does give a whole new meaning to secondhand, though...
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I used to own a Triumph Stag. I was many moons ago now and ongoing reliability issues meant our relationship was not a happy one. I sold it after less than six months.

It's still a great looking car in my opinion though.

Left field I know but still car related. I sat in the screen used 'Wet Nellie' once.