The Eurovision Song Contest Thread

1282930313234»

Comments

• GBFGBF
    I enjoyed the Contest as usual. There are only few TV shows that are presented all across Europe and the ESC is certainly one of them. I would also say that there are always 2 or 3 songs that I really like and start listen to over and over again after the show. This time these were the songs from Portugal and the Netherlands....
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited May 2022 Posts: 6,761
    GBF wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Contest as usual. There are only few TV shows that are presented all across Europe and the ESC is certainly one of them. I would also say that there are always 2 or 3 songs that I really like and start listen to over and over again after the show. This time these were the songs from Portugal and the Netherlands....

Glad to hear I’m not entirely alone on this ;)

Anyway, I liked the Netherlands and Portugal as well. Lithuania was quite good too, I think.

And, I might as well come out and say it, I thought San Marino was so over-the-top that I’ve listened to it several times since. Knowing the singer from the Italian music scene, I wasn’t expecting anything else though.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2022 Posts: 4,416
    Some good news for 3 (4) songs in Dutch Top 40 charts:

S10 her song in the 11th weak go from the 10th place to Number 1. Earlier she already end on the 2th place.

Stefania song from Ukrain enter the list on 38th place and wil be avaible on CDsingle with 3 other tracks from kalush orchestra. Uk song is ''Alarmschijf'' for weak this and possible wil enter next weak, must admit it sound way better on the radio then in the act.

Also winners from last year have new song (Supermodel) who enter the list on 26.
    I didn't watch it either, not surprised Ukraine won, more shocked the UK came second!! :-O
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited July 2022 Posts: 2,494
    Eurovision Song Contest Heads to Latin America as Part of Global Expansion
    https://variety.com/2022/music/global/eurovision-song-contest-latin-america-1235314058/

Armenia song enter Dutch Top 40 charts this weak on number 38. In first round of songcontest song end 5th place (out of 10). In the final it end on the 20th place (From 25).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited July 2022 Posts: 2,898
    For obvious reasons, Ukraine can't host the contest next year, so it's going to be held in the UK. Brilliantly, and hilariously, Sheffield somehow thinks it has a chance to host it! Truly, truly deluded. Our council are bankrupt, half the roads are closed to allow cyclists unhindered passage, the airport closed down years ago and the nearest one is closing soon, the road and rail transport links are abysmal, there's a handful of dire two- and three-star hotels, the Arena is too small and twenty years out of date, and the city centre is rammed with druggies, dossers, ferals and skanks. Sheffield might be the fourth biggest city in England, but that's just because it keeps absorbing all the outlying areas - the actual city is a post-industrial sinkhole like Barnsley. Sheffield is twinned with Donetsk - but it ought to be twinned with Toytown. I don't know if you can tell, but I don't think Sheff will be hosting Eurovision next year...

Regular countries not participating next year: Belarus, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Russia
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I think it is time to update this thread!
    Here is Germany's entry and I am slightly optimistic that this time they will not end up at the very bottom:

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2023 Posts: 17,730
    The UK's entry, "I Wrote a Song", by Mae Muller has just been released:

Voyager are finally representing Australia.

They rather controversially finished in second play at Australia You Decide last year, after winning the public vote, the judges vote tipped it in Sheldon Riley's favour.

edited March 2023 Posts: 4,416

From people behind ''Arcade''. The two people are new artist like Duncan was. It shame eurovision logo at end wased ending.
    Austria's entry is crazy but catchy. Will they have a good chance this year?

And here's the french entry : "Évidemment", by La Zarra.

Not bad at all. We might get a decent chance of winning this year. With (a lot of) luck.
    I agree, that performance is solid.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    At least she didn't sing 'passing like the wind' in English...
    Future contestants ?

You're not going to believe it (I hardly believe it myself), but France has already chosen its contestant, and the song, for the 2024 edition of the contest. :

A bit early, don't you think ?
    edited November 2023 Posts: 4,311
    Falsetto voice within the first minute: Not a chance, judging from the reactions to Sam Smiths WOTW. Apart from that, a predictabe and somewhat boring entry, typical ESC fare. Will not even get into the top 10, I would say - no, make that top 20.

A lot better as video clip. Dutch type casting and reference to Hakken music culture :))

I want to believe that the German song has better chances than "Europapa" - but then Germany managed to land at the bottom three 7 times out of the last 8 ESCs.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Superb entry for Italy, as per usual:

5-time winners Luxembourg return for the first time since 1993, and I quite like this one as well: