Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    First look at Brendan Fraser in Darren Aronofsky's The Whale:

220727081608-brendan-fraser-the-whale-exlarge-169.jpg

I suspect this film will be intense, and I know nothing about the film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Absolutely. It's been one of my most anticipated films since I first heard about it, I'm sure Fraser's going to be fantastic as usual and give an award-winning performance. I'm glad he's getting the resurgence in Hollywood he deserves.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Absolutely. It's been one of my most anticipated films since I first heard about it, I'm sure Fraser's going to be fantastic as usual and give an award-winning performance. I'm glad he's getting the resurgence in Hollywood he deserves.

Is it a introspective look at obesity, I know Fraser himself has battled with weight.
    I think it's for the film but he's looked bigger in the past couple of films I saw. Here's the synopsis, sounds like another twisted psychological drama from Aronofsky with a ton of weighty emotion behind it:

"A 600-pound (272 kg) middle-aged man named Charlie tries to reconnect with his 17-year-old daughter. The two grew apart after Charlie abandoned his family for his gay lover, who later died. Charlie then went on to binge eat out of pain and guilt."
    I think it's for the film but he's looked bigger in the past couple of films I saw. Here's the synopsis, sounds like another twisted psychological drama from Aronofsky with a ton of weighty emotion behind it:

"A 600-pound (272 kg) middle-aged man named Charlie tries to reconnect with his 17-year-old daughter. The two grew apart after Charlie abandoned his family for his gay lover, who later died. Charlie then went on to binge eat out of pain and guilt."

Yeah I know Fraser had a body suit on though I know he also put quite a bit of weight on himself.

6 years ago I ballooned to 259Lbs at my biggest, now I am 172lbs after sorting out my nutrition and busting my ass in the gym for 2 years. I can relate as to how weight gain effects so many aspects of a persons life I will definitely look out for the film.

Yeah I know Fraser had a body suit on though I know he also put quite a bit of weight on himself.

6 years ago I ballooned to 259Lbs at my biggest, now I am 172lbs after sorting out my nutrition and busting my ass in the gym for 2 years. I can relate as to how weight gain effects so many aspects of a persons life I will definitely look out for the film.

Great work in getting that back down! I bet you feel way better shedding all that weight.

Great work in getting that back down! I bet you feel way better shedding all that weight.

I am lucky as it was more a blip than the norm, I have been in good shape most of my life though after turning 40 I had a tough period and neglected myself, I had to stop it before it got worse. It was the Pandemic that gave me a kick and I realized I had to sort myself out. Now I feel great, I got back to the same shape I was at 21 years old.

I am a fan of The Wrestler, The Fountain and Black Swan, still not seen Mother by Aronofsky I heard mixed reviews, I should give it a watch.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, it seems with mother!, you're either going to love it or hate it. I saw it in theaters with a friend and his girlfriend; I was floored by how excellent it was, as was his girlfriend, but he loathed it. That seems to stretch to the online community too. It's really, really fantastic, in my opinion, and I hope you enjoy it if you ever get around to it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, it seems with mother!, you're either going to love it or hate it. I saw it in theaters with a friend and his girlfriend; I was floored by how excellent it was, as was his girlfriend, but he loathed it. That seems to stretch to the online community too. It's really, really fantastic, in my opinion, and I hope you enjoy it if you ever get around to it.

I should check it out at some point, then. I loved Black Swan and Pi.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

I should check it out at some point, then. I loved Black Swan and Pi.

I saw Black Swan recently and quite enjoyed it, though wasn't as wowed as others clearly were. I still need to get around to seeing Pi.

Without giving spoilers I think I figured out what Mother was depicting, I will give it a go its bound to be on one of the streaming services.
    talos7 wrote: »

Stallone in his mid 70's and not slowing down.
    Looks fun.
    Looks fun.

Stallone needs to make Demolition Man 2
    Look forward to this. Such a tragic story.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Blonde looks incredible. I get strong best picture vibes, and I just know Ana will slay the role
    edited July 2022 Posts: 40,368
    Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio already have their next project lined up, an adaptation of novel The Wager, also through Apple:

https://deadline.com/2022/07/leonardo-dicaprio-martin-scorsese-reteam-for-apple-film-the-wager-1235081275/

Sounds like a shipwrecked version of The Revenant and I'm all for it.
    Bong Joon-Ho's next film Mickey7 starring Robert Pattinson has begun filming in England:

https://collider.com/mickey7-filming-begins-robert-pattinson-mark-ruffalo-bong-joon-ho-directing/
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Rogue Agent

Who stole my cover?????????!!!!!!!!!! :))

It’s the first film in the MI6 Community cinematic universe. James Norton is @RogueAgent. ;)

Is their an actual resembelance? B-) :))
    I think your reaction to mother! is dependent on your tolerance level for pretentious, pseudo interlectual, self indulgent b**##cks. My tolerance level for that sort of thing is zero.
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    I think your reaction to mother! is dependent on your tolerance level for pretentious, pseudo interlectual, self indulgent b**##cks. My tolerance level for that sort of thing is zero.

Just have to heap on and say mother! is absolute trash. I also didn't care one bit for Requiem for a Dream from the same director. Cannot see the appeal whatsoever.