The New Bond Quarter-Frame Game

Comments

• CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Rise and shine! I hope someone can crack something, NOW! Who’s got the hunger?

96GGIp9.png
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Okay, so it is Madeleine's house, but when Mathilde wakes Bond for breakfast.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 533
    QBranch wrote: »
    Okay, so it is Madeleine's house, but when Mathilde wakes Bond for breakfast.

Phew we got there, I can stop talking in riddles. Well done @QBranch

lXw5UYj.jpg

I wouldn’t say I was annoyed that my previous frame was guessed first time, I did enjoy making you work for this one though. But it's back to @QBranch so in effect, entirely pointless :))

I'm not the best cryptographer so I hope that my (many) clues were somewhat useful, here they if you're interested:
    It's not with A View to a Kill, quite the opposite in fact.

Bond obliges her request. Feeding someone keeps them alive, the opposite is true if you were to kill them.
    Not the Atlantis, but jaws won't exactly be pleased after this.

In the next scene, literally chewing on her thoughts, Mathilde declares Bond’s pancakes are merely ‘pas mal’ (not bad). Hardly a glowing review. And for his part James keeps his jaw firmly shut rather than give a typical quippy riposte.
    It's not the end, it's just the beginning!

Despite what Mark Kermode might think, Safin’s last name has slightly cleverer double meaning. In French “sa fin” means “it’s end”. This frame is not from the start of the film but from start of the day that Safin enacts his grand plans.
    Sadly nothing as grand as space, but it's definitely a final frontier for someone.

I knew someone would offer this after my earlier clue but note that I didn’t capitalise “jaws” on purpose.

Bond having a child (he is aware of) is something that took the franchise nearly 60 years to eventually explore.
    It's been a while, now this place is heating up! Yet you and Bond share the same failing here.

The PTS took place in winter and this frame takes place in summer.

Bond wonders if what Madeleine thinks is the worst thing about him is his timing. You got the right place @Creasy47 but you were out by a couple decades which is why I was being extra mean and couldn’t quite give it to you.
    Rise and shine! I hope someone can crack something, NOW! Who’s got the hunger?

Rise and shine! That one’s obvious, I showed you the shine and Bond is awoken from his slumber.

I hope someone can crack something, NOW!

If you crack something you break it. “Now” suggested I wanted it done fast. Break + fast = breakfast. Mathilde and I were asking for the same thing.

Who’s got the hunger? It’s Mathilde, she literally says 'J'ai faim.' (I'm hungry).
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    The first frane was way too difficult for my braincells. Anyway, good show @CharmianBond
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,879
    Once again, cheers @CharmianBond! It was a great frame. The architecture is classic Bond - with those type of trapezoidal pillars and beams appearing so often throughout the series, I'm not sure what my next guess would've been. The last clue was useful, but the others sent me way off course!

New frame:

52233274099_01a99dd139.jpg

NSNA
    AVTAK
    No idea but a first guess is needed: AVTAK, where Bond meets Chuck Lee the first time?
    @goldenswissroyale Sorry buddy, that's not it, but also not a poor guess.

Nothing from AVTAK. Bond isn't in this frame, but he is in the overall scene.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2022 Posts: 40,368
    I like playing these responses literally so is it Bond at the pier in NSNA? Though I guess if it's the shot I'm thinking, he'd be in the frame, so I've answered my own question.
    @Creasy47 Not from NSNA mate. But water is nearby.
    Is this really a quarter? Someone does have an idea what the brown thing on the left side could be?

LALD: At the harbour where Bond meets Quarrel Jr.?
    Licence to Kill, Bond arriving at the airport just before learning of Sanchez's escape?
    No one has guessed the correct film yet.
    Is this really a quarter?
    Apologies, I cropped more than a quarter for some reason, don't know what happened there.

Here is a quarter, not that it will help:

52242355559_9666ed8d24.jpg

TB
    YOLT
    LALD
    TSWLM
    NSNA
    AVTAK
    LTK
    Apologies, I cropped more than a quarter for some reason, don't know what happened there.
    You're not exactly a quartermaster, if you know what I mean.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    You're not exactly a quartermaster, if you know what I mean.
    Haha! Not since I got a promotion.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Fisherman’s village funeral in YOLT ?
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Fisherman’s village funeral in YOLT ?
    Sorry mate, nothing from YOLT.
    I have not got any clue. So stab in the dark, is it from the parade in Thunderball?
    It's not the Junkanoo, nor is it anything from TB.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Bond and Anya getting the Lotus in Sardinia ?
    Nothing from TSWLM mate. I might reveal another quarter later today.
    52243810812_ef8129cb8d.jpg
    Is it from the MR gondola chase at some point?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Is it from the MR gondola chase at some point?
    It is!
    52233274029_bf48e54f27_o.jpg

It's everyone's favourite rubberneckin' pooch from Moonraker. Well done Creasy. 🐶
    It took doggedness, but Creasy got it in the end.

Personally, I was intrigued by that black thing on the left side of the first quarter frame. I was wondering what the hell it was-- the back of a chair perhaps? Who would've thought it was a dog ear.
    Excellent! Thought I nailed it with those overalls at first.

I've got work shortly and a few things to do beforehand so first in best dressed can start the next round if they'd like.
    52233274029_bf48e54f27_o.jpg

It's everyone's favourite rubberneckin' pooch from Moonraker. Well done Creasy. 🐶

Great one @QBranch and good detective work @Creasy47
    This is honestly getting a little absurd. You're supposed to remember the trousers in the background of that shot? 😂
    edited July 2022 Posts: 40,368
    OK, nobody took over and I'm finished up with work so I'll get a new one posted in just a couple minutes.

EDIT: Here we go, should be very easy this go around.

nt57hriglz9r.jpeg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Is it when Natalya goes to the church to meet Boris in GE?