Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Looks damn good for 90.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    talos7 wrote: »
    Looks damn good for 90.

Funny you should say that, when I saw the picture of Bill I thought he looks better than people I know there 40's and 50's.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Shatner has been crapping on post-TOS shows since the 80s, so it’s no surprise he hasn’t changed his thoughts.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I want to see a buddy comedy starring Shatner and Mark Hamill.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Murdock wrote: »

I'd watch this.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »

I'd pay real money to see that. How can we make it happen? Seriously, how could it NOT make money? Can we start a hashtag or something? I'm going to twitter with this...
    Worf looking pretty badass here

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,104

It says video unavailable, tried VPN in USA still not working for some reason.

Edited: It's working now, I wish they had brought the crew back in season 1.

Interesting maybe I should watch more Lower Decks, I have only seen the first few episodes.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 8,000
    It finds its footing in the latter half of S1. The holodeck episode lampooning Trek movie tropes and then the finale right after are genuine highlights.

It finds its footing in the latter half of S1. The holodeck episode lampooning Trek movie tropes and then the finale right after are genuine highlights.

That's pretty awesome definitely channelling James Horner there, it's great to see Starships that look like Starships in a Star Trek show lol. I will watch a few episodes tomorrow.

Great interview, Gates reaction to THAT episide was funny.

I wish they had brought the crew back in season 1.

Putting aside how I feel about the execution, I totally understood the impulse to make a different show rather than just do TNG 2.0 right off the bat, and I admire them for doing something different. But with S3 definitively being Stewart’s last work on Trek, it was now or never.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    You know what? I enjoyed Spock's Brain.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You know what? I enjoyed Spock's Brain.

I did as well. I always get some hearty laughs out of it.
    “Spock’s Brain” is bad, but it’s entertainingly bad the same way Ed Wood movies are. That’s why people remember an episode like that more so than something like “The Lights of Zetar”, which is bad but really boring.
    Star Trek: SNW Ep6 this show continues to impress and pulls no punches, its right up there with the best Star Trek. The score is superb, I will definitely buy the soundtrack for the series.

Edited: Just watched episode 7 early on I guessed two reveals, loving this show. The production is very impressive it puts shows like Obi Wan Kenobi to shame.
    Continuing TOS S3 and Scotty with the different hairstyle looks so wrong.
    Continuing TOS S3 and Scotty with the different hairstyle looks so wrong.

TOS season 3 is a bit of a mess for numerous reasons, there is the odd good episode.
    Towards the middle of S3 you can tell Nimoy is completely checked out like in “That Which Survives” and “Whom Gods Destroy” and others where Spock is written out of character.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RIP Nichelle Nichols. I knew it would happen soon, but it still sucks. :((
    RIP.
    What a trail blazer, RIP. Uhura may not have had stories centered on her, but Nichols did a lot with whatever little the show gave.

So of the original case that leaves us Shatner, Takei and Koenig. I still remember news breaking of DeForest Kelley passing and how sad that was.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    From a poster on NASAWatch.com

0490e404af32a756ea7ade768aac92842f7bbc2c4354845c59e493afdecbdfc9.jpg
    I find that more morbid than touching, but that’s just me.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I find that more morbid than touching, but that’s just me.

Upon reflection, I may agree with you. If its' too much, I'll delete the post.
    Thanks.
    No need to delete, I’ve seen it posted everywhere already. I just think it’s weird. Carry on.
    RIP Nichelle Nichols. Iconic lady!