The Bond Girls Thread

Comments

• DaltonFanDaltonFan California
    My favorite Bond Girls are Kara Milovy, Aki, Pam Bouvier, Severine, Wei Lin, Paris Carver, Octopussy, Grace Jones's character in AVTAK, Holly Goodhead, Pussy Galore, Fiona Volpe, and Eve Moneypenny (she was certainly acting like a Bond Girl in Skyfall).
    QBranch wrote: »

That s nothing.
    2_GettyImages-554094277c.jpg

Subtle, Sean, subtle. If you could but strain yourself to look up where her eyes actually are.

Can't say I would have done anything different. Claudine Auger was a beauty.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    2_GettyImages-554094277c.jpg
    Subtle, Sean, subtle. If you could but strain yourself to look up where her eyes actually are.

Discipline, OO7. Discipline...

s-l300.jpg
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Eva Green's non-identical twin sister is blonde and married an Italian count... I wonder if her name is Tracy? ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Solitaire & Wai Lin. All the rest are great, but those two freak me...
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Not sure what thread to post this under:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/benjamin-bratt-reveals-wife-talisa-soto-breast-cancer-185741750.html

Talisa Soto was diagnosed with breast cancer during the pandemic, husband Benjamin Bratt (pictured in 2018) has shared. (Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
    Former Bond girl Talisa Soto was diagnosed with breast cancer during the pandemic, her husband, actor Benjamin Bratt, has revealed. Bratt spoke publicly for the first time about his wife's health during an appearance on the Today show on Thursday, noting that the License to Kill and Mortal Kombat actress is currently considered "cancer-free."
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Not sure what thread to post this under:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/benjamin-bratt-reveals-wife-talisa-soto-breast-cancer-185741750.html

Talisa Soto was diagnosed with breast cancer during the pandemic, husband Benjamin Bratt (pictured in 2018) has shared. (Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
    Former Bond girl Talisa Soto was diagnosed with breast cancer during the pandemic, her husband, actor Benjamin Bratt, has revealed. Bratt spoke publicly for the first time about his wife's health during an appearance on the Today show on Thursday, noting that the License to Kill and Mortal Kombat actress is currently considered "cancer-free."

Jeez,I hope she will be ok.
    Naomi is Strombergs pilot/Atlantis guide (and possibly his lover ?)
    It might not have caught your attention, but Michelle Yeoh has just won the Golden Glbe for Best Actress for Everything Everywhere All at once. An Oscar nomination could be in the cards for her.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Michelle Yeoh is generally very likeable and easy to watch. Her role in TND as Wai Lin is easily the best of the Bond girl spy/ equal, in the series.
    My personal favourite Bond girls would be,
    Honey Ryder
    Tatiana Romanova
    Domino
    Tracy
    Solitaire
    Melina Havelock
    Octopussy
    Kara Milovy ( a favourite of @barryt007 ;) )
    Natalya Simonova
    Vesper

Most of them have been good. Only a few are below average or poor.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Eva Green just is Vesper Lynd to me, but in an alternative world I could see Angelina Jolie playing Vesper. Her and Daniel had chemistry in the first Lara Croft.

Although I think Vesper needed to be a lesser known actress to help the audience be immersed in the story and her character.
  • As with Bond whenever the role is up for grabs, I believe several actresses were considered for Vesper. Charlize Theron was one of them. I think Theron would actually have made a very good Vesper, and while she was pretty high profile at the time she wasn't quite as stratospheric in her stardom as Jolie.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Even Michelle Ryan from Eastenders auditioned for Vesper.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Venutius wrote: »
    Even Michelle Ryan from Eastenders auditioned for Vesper.

I don't think I knew that. She was a very beautiful lady and probably still is. I know she had an acting career outside of EastEnders but I'm not sure where she is now.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 2023 Posts: 2,895
    Yeah, same. She was great in Cockneys vs Zombies, but that's a long time ago now (wasn't Honor Blackman in that too?). Apparently, Michelle didn't audition with Dan, so I guess she didn't make it past the first round (whereas Eva got called back to do a second audition, in costume, with Craig) - she said it was her own fault, though, because she was really nervous and 'completely blew it'! Ah well. Lookswise, she'd've been fine, though.
    dytsyeqxqaags_7.jpg
    The best two Bond women also appear in the best two Bond films. When women are written as Bond women instead of Bond girls, characters are more than a pretty face.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    CrabKey wrote: »
    The best two Bond women also appear in the best two Bond films. When women are written as Bond women instead of Bond girls, characters are more than a pretty face.

Who are they? @CrabKey
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I guessing OHMSS and CR.
    I guessing OHMSS and CR.

Seconded.
    I guessing OHMSS and CR.

Got it.
    Imo, Dominio Derval, played by Claudine Auger, is the MOST beautiful of any Bond Girl there's ever been.

bdd49b2d11513587569a5342e6cc4320.jpg

Imo, Dominio Derval, played by Claudine Auger, is the MOST beautiful of any Bond Girl there's ever been.

Agreed on that front. My favourite Bond girl. The most beautiful woman ever. I was gutted when she died.
    Thunderball had a set of the most beautiful Bond Girls ever, Claudine Auger, Luciana Paluzzi, and Martine Beswick.
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    Thunderball had a set of the most beautiful Bond Girls ever, Claudine Auger, Luciana Paluzzi, and Martine Beswick.

Yes, I agree. And Molly Peters too. A real bevy of beauties in that one.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Agreed on that front. My favourite Bond girl. The most beautiful woman ever. I was gutted when she died.

Same here. I remember the day vividly. I put in my Thunderball blu-ray disc and watched it to honor her. I was so heartbroken.

Maybe my first love.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Thunderball really had some of the most gorgeous Bond girls in the series.
    This film really sells the Bond lifestyle perfectly, who wouldn't want to be Bond in Thunderball
    The most beautiful (and sexy) Bond Girls for me:

60's
    Ursula Andress
    Daniela Bianchi
    Tania Mallet
    Claudine Auger/Luciana Paluzzi
    Mie Hama
    Diana Rigg/Catherine Von Schell

70's
    Jane Seymour/Madeline Smith
    Maud Adams