Top Gun - Maverick

123457»

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Just came across the theory that the moment Maverick gets shot down is when the rest of the movie plays all in his head. I kinda buy that idea more.

The whole movie is a dream that Maverick envisions right before dying on the Blackstar after hitting 10.4 Mach. That’s also why the whole film after that remakes a lot of sequences from the first one: Maverick was trying to tie all the loose ends and important relationships of his life.

This beast will end up crossing $1.3 billion worldwide.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I tried to see it for a second time a few weeks back but it was too short notice, then again but we all were under the weather and didn't want to go, so hopefully the third time's the charm and it's still playing this next weekend so I can go again.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    edited July 2022 Posts: 4,906
    According to Teller there are talks for a third one. While part of me welcomes the news, a big part of me is saying please leave it where it is. However knowing Hollywood where money talks, we just might see a third one.

EDIT...seems it is Teller that may be pushing for another one.

https://popculture.com/movies/news/miles-teller-urging-tom-cruise-make-top-gun-3/
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    thedove wrote: »
    According to Teller there are talks for a third one. While part of me welcomes the news, a big part of me is saying please leave it where it is. However knowing Hollywood where money talks, we just might see a third one.

EDIT...seems it is Teller that may be pushing for another one.

https://popculture.com/movies/news/miles-teller-urging-tom-cruise-make-top-gun-3/

I hope not, unless it's Top Gun, Rooster. But this film fits so well because it sticks so close to the original. How is that going to work out with 3? Top Gun, Ukrainian excange would be interesting though..
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    If Rooster gets anything it’s a TV series on Paramount+.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Haven't seen it yet; uncomfortable sitting too close to people. When's the stream date?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Possibly late August.

I hadn't considered the obvious Star Wars similarities before ;))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    https://www.darkhorizons.com/top-gun-3-in-the-works-at-paramount/
    Top Gun 3” In The Works At Paramount
    By Garth FranklinThursday, January 11th 2024 10:11 pm

Paramount Pictures
    Warner Bros. Pictures may have bagged him in a new non-exclusive deal, but Paramount Pictures isn’t giving up on Tom Cruise just yet.

Puck News reports that a third “Top Gun” movie is now in development at Paramount with “Top Gun: Maverick” co-writer Ehren Kruger currently writing a draft.

The project will mark a reunion of Cruise with his ‘Maverick’ co-stars Miles Teller and Glen Powell along with producers Jerry Bruckheimer and David Ellison.

In addition, the outlet indicates ‘Maverick’ director Joseph Kosinski will reportedly return in at least a producing capacity and potentially a directing one.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess they'd be mad not to explore it; feels hard to top though.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    mtm wrote: »
    I guess they'd be mad not to explore it; feels hard to top though.

My thoughts exactly. It would be inevitable that they wouldn’t start the next film, but at the same time, lightning in the bottle is hard to trap once, twice, let alone a third attempt…. But, it’d be mad not to have a crack at it.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Missions a plenty to fly. But making a story that makes sense? I love the fact that 'Maverick' has this logical follow-up on the original with such a timespan inbetween. Makes it feel 'real'.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I'm not sure where you can go with this. Maverick seemed to complete the story arc of both the lead and co-starring character.

Also interesting that Jennifer Connolly isn't mentioned as returning. Maverick can't keep the ladies? LOL!
  • willowlovewillowlove Kent, WA, USA
    If anyone is interested, La-La Land Records is now offering what they say is the first official release of the soundtrack to the original Top Gun, disc 1 containing the score and disc 2 the songs. It's supposed to ship March 11.

https://lalalandrecords.com/top-gun-limited-edition-2-cd-set/