The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Perisic if cheap maybe a good option his stats are generally good, though with Spurs will definitely be rotated. If cheap a good bench option perhaps.

Imagine being a well known name in the world of football will give his FPL price tag an additional 0.5-1.0 increase. Could be a good option even so!

Looking at those opening fixtures, Liverpool and Spurs stand out (Salah captain?) – and City is always a team to target.

One thing is for certain early days I will go Template and not try to be clever with my squad like last year.

Same here. I just won't risk taking any gambles early on. The template teams aren't just set up for one gameweek either, but for several gameweeks ahead – which makes it easier to navigate those early fixtures.

Early on you have to stick with the pack, I made the mistake of forgetting that there is 38 games and things can change. Early last season I chopped and changed my team and took Hits like confetti at one point. it was only after Christmas I had a good run of GW's.

There's always a case for going different; if you have a gut feeling for a player or a team you might get a jump start if things go well. I don't trust my own gut feeling enough to go very different from the start. If the pack load up on Liverpool players for example, it could backfire massively not to do the same. And we don't have to look further than 2-4 gameweek until we see certain trends; people might shift formation or target particular players – either because of form or upcoming fixtures. It's much easier to go different when trends or fixtures change.

I think I could probably name 8 players I will likely have in my team already mostly City and Liverpool and Spurs.

I've not got that far quite yet, but I have a few players I'm pretty sure I will get, regardless of the price tag they'll get. It will likely be those three teams I'll target as well.

Doesn't specify when in July, but since the upcoming season starts earlier than usual, I expect the game will launch early next month!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Doesn't specify when in July, but since the upcoming season starts earlier than usual, I expect the game will launch early next month!

Haaland $12m ?
    When are we starting the pre season ? 👍
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 17,241

Haaland $12m ?
    When are we starting the pre season ? 👍

Won't surprise me one bit, even though he's a new inclusion in FPL!

Once the game is released, I guess! FPL's official Twitter account will no doubt put out a lot of news in the next few weeks in preparation for the launch. Looking forward to the price reveals. :-)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am looking forward to pre season and seeing how Ten hag shapes the team though hoping we get a few new players in ASAP.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 17,241
    I am looking forward to pre season and seeing how Ten hag shapes the team though hoping we get a few new players in ASAP.

It's been very quiet from the United camp so far. Expect there's a lot going on behind closed doors. Arsenal on the other hand looks to be linked with just about everyone, though the Gabriel Jesus deal looks to be close. Raphinha is also being heavily rumoured, but there is competition for his signature.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

It's been very quiet from the United camp so far. Expect there's a lot going on behind closed doors. Arsenal on the other hand looks to be linked with just about everyone, though the Gabriel Jesus deal looks to be close. Raphinha is also being heavily rumoured, but there is competition for his signature.

Those would be two great additions, I rate Jesus and personally I often think he was played out of position at City.
    Its difficult to cut through so much BS in the media though looks like we are close to signing de Jong, he will be the vital player for Ten hag to build a team around.

Those would be two great additions, I rate Jesus and personally I often think he was played out of position at City.

Jesus is the type of striker Arsenal need. Always putting in an effort, but as you mention, he's not always been played in his preferred position – which he will be at Arsenal. It was always a huge ask trying to be Agüero's replacement, and Haaland might be better for City in that regard.
    Its difficult to cut through so much BS in the media though looks like we are close to signing de Jong, he will be the vital player for Ten hag to build a team around.

Frenkie de Jong will be a great addition to United; still young, talented, and having played for ten Hag, he will no doubt settle at the club quickly. United's transfer window will be one to watch; there's so much that can happen, both in- and outgoings.
    Perisic, Bissouma and now Richalison Spurs are recruiting well, they are players I would happily have at United, top 4 is going to be even tougher next season.
    Perisic, Bissouma and now Richalison Spurs are recruiting well, they are players I would happily have at United, top 4 is going to be even tougher next season.

Indeed, top four is going to be a real battle. Difficult to predict who might miss out, but Sp*rs look to have an advantage of United and Arsenal the way they've recruited so far this window.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,102

Indeed, top four is going to be a real battle. Difficult to predict who might miss out, but Sp*rs look to have an advantage of United and Arsenal the way they've recruited so far this window.

Plus at this point probably the best manager pf the three teams (Ten Hag yet to prove himself).

I have resubscribed to MUTV I have been watching the training sessions it dawned on me this seems like the first proper pre season in years, Ten Hag has got many of the players in early, Ten Hag in fact started the job early himself he certainly appears to be one for preparation.

United's first pre season game is on 12th July in Thailand against Liverpool, I am looking forward to that game.
    FPL prices of some players coming through...

Man City 2022/23 defender prices
    Joao Cancelo (DF) - £7.0m
    Kyle Walker (DF) - £5.0m
    Ruben Dias (DF) - £6.0m
    Man City 2022/23 midfielder prices
    Kevin De Bruyne (MF) - £12.0m
    Jack Grealish (MF) - £7.0m
    Bernardo Silva (MF) - £7.0m
    Ilkay Gundogan (MF) - £7.5m
    Phil Foden (MF) - £8.0m
    Riyad Mahrez (MF) - £8.0m
    Raheem Sterling (MF) - £10.0m
    Man City 2022/23 forward prices
    Erling Haaland (FW) - £11.5m :-O

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2660954

more teams via Link.

Haaland will be bought by everyone at that price. Dias and Cancello very reasonable I bet Liverpool defenders will be more expensive.

---

United have finally signed a player (not yet official), Malacia LB from Feyenord. :-O

Salah signed a 3 Year deal with Liverpool.

Plus at this point probably the best manager pf the three teams (Ten Hag yet to prove himself).

I have resubscribed to MUTV I have been watching the training sessions it dawned on me this seems like the first proper pre season in years, Ten Hag has got many of the players in early, Ten Hag in fact started the job early himself he certainly appears to be one for preparation.

United's first pre season game is on 12th July in Thailand against Liverpool, I am looking forward to that game.

Indeed, though I imagine Ten Hag will do a great job – and it looks like he's not wasting any time either, which is positive for United.

Preseason will be particularly interesting this season, since the top four race was so close last season. Neither United, Sp*rs or Arsenal can afford a bad start to the PL season this time around.

Kyle Walker (DF) - £5.0m
    Ruben Dias (DF) - £6.0m
    Phil Foden (MF) - £8.0m

more teams via Link.

Haaland will be bought by everyone at that price. Dias and Cancello very reasonable I bet Liverpool defenders will be more expensive.

---

United have finally signed a player (not yet official), Malacia LB from Feyenord. :-O

Didn't catch up with the prices until now! The City prices were all unsurprising. Expected that Haaland might have been 10.5 or 11.0 since he's a new signing, but I guess FPL is trying to make us choose between him and a premium midfield. You could fit Salah and Haaland in your team for example, though you'll struggle to get that third premium asset. One of Cancelo or Dias will be in my team for sure, with the team price structure deciding which one. Foden at 8.0 could be an interesting option too…

Indeed, though I imagine Ten Hag will do a great job – and it looks like he's not wasting any time either, which is positive for United.

Preseason will be particularly interesting this season, since the top four race was so close last season. Neither United, Sp*rs or Arsenal can afford a bad start to the PL season this time around.

Kyle Walker (DF) - £5.0m
    Ruben Dias (DF) - £6.0m
    Phil Foden (MF) - £8.0m

more teams via Link.

---

Didn't catch up with the prices until now! The City prices were all unsurprising. Expected that Haaland might have been 10.5 or 11.0 since he's a new signing, but I guess FPL is trying to make us choose between him and a premium midfield. You could fit Salah and Haaland in your team for example, though you'll struggle to get that third premium asset. One of Cancelo or Dias will be in my team for sure, with the team price structure deciding which one. Foden at 8.0 could be an interesting option too…

I think we will get another five teams key players prices over the weekend.

There are a number of good value City assets though Pep Roulette it's always a gamble. Foden is one of the main men even more so if Bernard Silva leaves, that may help Grealish with more game time also.
  • edited July 2022 Posts: 17,241

Kyle Walker (DF) - £5.0m
    Ruben Dias (DF) - £6.0m
    Phil Foden (MF) - £8.0m

more teams via Link.

---

I think we will get another five teams key players prices over the weekend.

There are a number of good value City assets though Pep Roulette it's always a gamble. Foden is one of the main men even more so if Bernard Silva leaves, that may help Grealish with more game time also.

With the game launching soon, I'd expect so!

Yes, the Pep roulette will always be an issue, though if we look at those players as assets we'd like to keep for a particularly good run for example, a surprise benching might not hurt that much.

Speaking of reveals, here are some Liverpool prices!

Very competitive prices, Rashford 6.5 wow.
    Just watched Fantasy football Scout discussing Wolves, Villa and Leeds not many stand outs though I think FPL are trying to steer managers away from a template with so many cheaper prices.
    There have been rumors though breaking news Ronaldo asking to leave United, not good we already have holes in our team we are currently trying to fill. If we need to replace Ronny not sure we will have the money to do it and who realistically can get the goals he currently can give us.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12644525/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-legend-asks-to-leave-club-amid-concerns-over-trophies-and-transfers
    Hopefully this is a power play and it leads to the Glazers opening the cheque book and get more players in.

This is a depressing situation with us going to Asia next week for pre season.

Just watched Fantasy football Scout discussing Wolves, Villa and Leeds not many stand outs though I think FPL are trying to steer managers away from a template with so many cheaper prices.

The cheaper prices certainly makes the field of options much larger, that's for sure. And although not that many of the cheaper options have made me think they're a must-have, there are a few names I've noted down as potential options.
    There have been rumors though breaking news Ronaldo asking to leave United, not good we already have holes in our team we are currently trying to fill. If we need to replace Ronny not sure we will have the money to do it and who realistically can get the goals he currently can give us.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12644525/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-legend-asks-to-leave-club-amid-concerns-over-trophies-and-transfers
    Hopefully this is a power play and it leads to the Glazers opening the cheque book and get more players in.

Ronaldo leaving would no doubt be bad news for United, regardless of hm not having impressed last season. The striker spots are difficult enough to fill these days (just look at the struggles Chelsea have been through with Lukaku and Werner), and that makes the Jesus move by Arsenal look really shrewd (on paper at least).

The cheaper prices certainly makes the field of options much larger, that's for sure. And although not that many of the cheaper options have made me think they're a must-have, there are a few names I've noted down as potential options.

Ronaldo leaving would no doubt be bad news for United, regardless of hm not having impressed last season. The striker spots are difficult enough to fill these days (just look at the struggles Chelsea have been through with Lukaku and Werner), and that makes the Jesus move by Arsenal look really shrewd (on paper at least).

After thinking about the situation more I think Ronny will leave, I think we could have done with him for another season. My advice to United would go get Levondovski now, though he looks Barca bound.

After thinking about the situation more I think Ronny will leave, I think we could have done with him for another season. My advice to United would go get Levondovski now, though he looks Barca bound.

A new club need to be able to pay his salary though, which might limit his options significantly. Can't see many clubs in Europe willing to pay his United salary, so he will probably have to agree a pay cut just to make a transfer a possibility. For United though, they need to be able to fill a spot they might not want to prioritise in this transfer window, so I can see them reluctant to let him go – unless ten Hag have some candidates in mind already.
    Antony has been linked from ajax though I don't see him as a CF.

===

Chelsea 2022/23 FPL goalkeeper prices

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Chelsea 2022/23 FPL defender prices
    Cesar Azpilicueta - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Chelsea 2022/23 FPL midfielder prices
    Callum Hudson-Odoi - £5.5m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Christian Pulisic - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Chelsea 2022/23 FPL forward prices
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

Chilwell and James reasonable.

Chelsea very much in the same place as United, both squads look weak with recent departures.

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Vladimir Coufal DEF £4.5m
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Aaron Cresswell DEF £5.0m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m
    Michail Antonio FWD £7.5m
    Unsurprised by Bowen's price.

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Kieran Trippier DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Bruno Guimaraes MID £6.0m
    Allan Saint-Maximin MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

Fulham and Southampton I wont bother posting other than Mitrovic is 6.5 million.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

Chelsea very much in the same place as United, both squads look weak with recent departures.

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

Fulham and Southampton I wont bother posting other than Mitrovic is 6.5 million.

Chilwell and James look like decent options at that price. Bowen is probably 0.5-1.0 too expensive in my opinion, but after the season he had, that price was expected. Trippier had some good games last season, so he's one to consider. Mitrovic at 6.5 is also not a surprising price, though he'd be a better option at 6.0.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

Chilwell and James look like decent options at that price. Bowen is probably 0.5-1.0 too expensive in my opinion, but after the season he had, that price was expected. Trippier had some good games last season, so he's one to consider. Mitrovic at 6.5 is also not a surprising price, though he'd be a better option at 6.0.

My early thoughts are the value maybe in having 5 defenders more specifically Full Backs/Wing Backs.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

My early thoughts are the value maybe in having 5 defenders more specifically Full Backs/Wing Backs.

I've seen that mentioned by Twitter accounts as well, going heavy at the back/midfield, and a single striker – in a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

I've seen that mentioned by Twitter accounts as well, going heavy at the back/midfield, and a single striker – in a 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation.

Haaland being the loan striker, I would think out of all the players he maybe the most Pep roulette proof.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

Haaland being the loan striker, I would think out of all the players he maybe the most Pep roulette proof.

Yes, if picking just one City player, he and Ederson might be the safest picks. But of course, if picking defensive options from City, Dias or Cancelo would be preferable.

===

Edouard Mendy - £5.0m
    Thiago Silva - £5.5m
    Reece James - £6.0m
    Ben Chilwell - £6.0m
    Jorginho - £6.0m
    Mason Mount - £8.0m
    Timo Werner - £8.0m
    Kai Havertz - £8.0m

West Ham...
    Player Position Price
    Ben Johnson DEF £4.5m
    Nayef Aguerd DEF £5.0m
    Declan Rice MID £5.0m
    Pablo Fornals MID £5.5m
    Manuel Lanzini MID £5.5m
    Tomas Soucek MID £5.5m
    Said Benrahma MID £6.0m
    Jarrod Bowen MID £8.5m

Newcastle United
    Player Position Price
    Nick Pope GKP £5.0m
    Dan Burn DEF £4.5m
    Fabian Schar DEF £4.5m
    Matt Targett DEF £5.0m
    Joe Willock MID £5.0m
    Joelinton MID £6.0m
    Chris Wood FWD £6.0m
    Callum Wilson FWD £7.5m

Yes, if picking just one City player, he and Ederson might be the safest picks. But of course, if picking defensive options from City, Dias or Cancelo would be preferable.

Guaranteed I will have either Cancelo or Dias though Laporte could be a consideration he did well last season.