Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just bought myself a new PC my old one was insanely slow, so going back on Steam and PC gaming again for the first time in a while. Can anyone recommend any good PC games, for a few years I have only played games on my Xbox One X.

I've wondered the same. My friends teamed up and got me my very first gaming PC for my birthday last month and I don't know where to begin for good PC exclusives.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Just bought myself a new PC my old one was insanely slow, so going back on Steam and PC gaming again for the first time in a while. Can anyone recommend any good PC games, for a few years I have only played games on my Xbox One X.

I've wondered the same. My friends teamed up and got me my very first gaming PC for my birthday last month and I don't know where to begin for good PC exclusives.

th?id=OIP.NbWC0kk6QYOScW_1eV2AvwAAAA&pid=Api

Just bought this on Steam for £4.99. I already had the disks though was unable to install it on Windows 10 or 11. finally I will be able to play all the way though on PC. I had it years ago on Playstation.

I have discovered a lot of PC games I forgot I had which is a bonus, hoping to get one or two games not available on Xbox like Horizon Zero Dawn I only played it briefly on a mate PS$.

Edited: XIII still looks great the art work makes it timeless. Thankfully my Xbox One X controller is working perfectly with the game.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just purchased PC Game Pass £1 a month for 2 months. I just need to figure out how to install games on a external drive assuming it let's me.

Edited: Sorted going to try Halo Infinite and No Man's Sky first.

Microsoft Flight Simulater looks interesting.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2022 Posts: 13,882
    Just purchased PC Game Pass £1 a month for 2 months. I just need to figure out how to install games on a external drive assuming it let's me.

Good choice with No Man's Sky. It has come on leaps and bounds since it's unimpressive launch. I haven't played it for months, so I don't know what has been added since. I might jump back in and have a look myself.

At present I am bouncing around 3 games; Snowrunner (after buying the Land Rover dlc, I have been using the Defender 110 as my main scout vehicle), Yakuza Kiwami, and Sniper Elite 5 (story is finished, now I am going back through the missions to unlock better equipment, before moving onto the Wolf Mountain dlc).

Good choice with No Man's Sky. It has come on leaps and bounds since it's unimpressive launch. I haven't played it for months, so I don't know what has been added since. I might jump back in and have a look myself.

At present I am bouncing around 3 games; Snowrunner (after buying the Land Rover dlc, I have been using the Defender 110 as my main scout vehicle), Yakuza Kiwami, and Sniper Elite 5 (story is finished, now I am going back through the missions to unlock better equipment, before moving onto the Wolf Mountain dlc).

Do you use Game Pass on PC? The reason I ask is some games ask to access personal data when downloaded.

I noticed Snowrunner on PC Game Pass I have Mudrunner on Xbox which is a fun game.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Do you use Game Pass on PC? The reason I ask is some games ask to access personal data when downloaded.

I don't, sorry. I'm not a pc gamer. I have only 3 pc games, and they're all on disc.
    I noticed Snowrunner on PC Game Pass I have Mudrunner on Xbox which is a fun game.

If you've played Mudrunner, then you'll know what to expect.

I will give you a small tip for No Man's Sky; at the start, the game will drop you onto a planet in a randomly generated system. It is possible that you will be placed on a planet with extreme weather conditions. If that's the case, quit to the main menu, and start a new game. There's nothing stopping you either way. It's just with extreme conditions, it might not be a challenge you will want to have starting out. As you leap from planet to planet and system to system, you will probably land on one anyway. There is a trophy (or achievement) for spending 32 sols (in game days) on a planet with extreme conditions. When you do find one, make a not to revisit it later, when you have better equiptment.

I don't, sorry. I'm not a pc gamer. I have only 3 pc games, and they're all on disc.

I will give you a small tip for No Man's Sky; at the start, the game will drop you onto a planet in a randomly generated system. It is possible that you will be placed on a planet with extreme weather conditions. If that's the case, quit to the main menu, and start a new game. There's nothing stopping you either way. It's just with extreme conditions, it might not be a challenge you will want to have starting out. As you leap from planet to planet and system to system, you will probably land on one anyway. There is a trophy (or achievement) for spending 32 sols (in game days) on a planet with extreme conditions. When you do find one, make a not to revisit it later, when you have better equiptment.

Thanks for a tip I appeared on a planet and my shields were dropping quickly, so I started shooting random giant plants and got minerals though it did not really help. It appeared everywhere I was walking was toxic terrain I kept dying. I stopped playing, perhaps next time I play the game I will end up another planet.

Thanks for a tip I appeared on a planet and my shields were dropping quickly, so I started shooting random giant plants and got minerals though it did not really help. It appeared everywhere I was walking was toxic terrain I kept dying. I stopped playing, perhaps next time I play the game I will end up another planet.

If the planet is toxic, or has extreme heat/cold, it will be like that all over the planet, unless you find shelter (be it a building, or cave). When you find the small spaceship, it will be a little easier, as you can jump in to repair your shields. But when you go exploring, you will be limited by how far from the ship you can go, before you return to recharge your shields. It's best to find a planet with nicer conditions to start out with.

If the planet is toxic, or has extreme heat/cold, it will be like that all over the planet, unless you find shelter (be it a building, or cave). When you find the small spaceship, it will be a little easier, as you can jump in to repair your shields. But when you go exploring, you will be limited by how far from the ship you can go, before you return to recharge your shields. It's best to find a planet with nicer conditions to start out with.

I was not sure what kind of game it was I just started walking around like it was a shooter, so I need to find a ship and learn to survive on the planet.

I did like the Jet Pack mechanics and as I was shooting everything in sight I depleted my phaser gun quickly. I will give it another go.

I was not sure what kind of game it was I just started walking around like it was a shooter, so I need to find a ship and learn to survive on the planet.

I did like the Jet Pack mechanics and as I was shooting everything in sight I depleted my phaser gun quickly. I will give it another go.

The game should guide you through the early stages. And some planets will be more rich in certain elements. You will be guided towards a small ship, and you will be tasked with repairing it. Once it is fixed, and you can get off the starting planet, you will be able to scan planets to see what minerals they have. You will want to try to get a planet that is rich in Carbon. Carbon is needed for early base building, and for your phaser.

Also, when you unlock the scanner for your visor, scan absolutely everything, mineral, plant and animal. The more that you can scan and gather intel on the plant you are currently on, the more money that you can earn.

The game should guide you through the early stages. And some planets will be more rich in certain elements. You will be guided towards a small ship, and you will be tasked with repairing it. Once it is fixed, and you can get off the starting planet, you will be able to scan planets to see what minerals they have. You will want to try to get a planet that is rich in Carbon. Carbon is needed for early base building, and for your phaser.

Also, when you unlock the scanner for your visor, scan absolutely everything, mineral, plant and animal. The more that you can scan and gather intel on the plant you are currently on, the more money that you can earn.

I have just realized my PC Game Pass extends ( with only selected titles) to my Xbox so will install No Man's Sky on there instead, I am a bit out of touch with gaming. Thank you for the tips I will have another crack at the game tomorrow, leaving my PC and Xbox to install a few titles over night.

Snowrunner only available on PC with the Game Pass, a bit odd some games being available and others not on Xbox with this PC pass.
    Just uploaded a game called Genesis Noir as a fan of Film Noir I like it so far it's basic in design though quite atmospheric.

acclaimed-cosmic-jazz-adventure-genesis-noir-adds-three-new-levels-in-free-astronomy-update-1646347337961.jpg

Edited: I will take that back its far from basic it's like some psychedelic dream. Some aspects remind me of David Lynch.
    edited June 2022 Posts: 13,882
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Yakuza 0 set a high bar for emotion, but this game kept the pace. Nishiki's downfall during the 10 year time jump, was positively Shakespearean.
    The deeper he sunk, the more determined he was to rise up to be a Patriarch of his own clan, and losing more of himself along the way.
    Aragami 2

Omg this game is amazing
    Does anyone have any experience of the Elgato HD60 capture card? I'm not sure of it is a worthwhile investment. I want to be able to capture longer footage for my YouTube channel, as the PS4 is limited to 1 hr.
    Does anyone have any experience of the Elgato HD60 capture card? I'm not sure of it is a worthwhile investment. I want to be able to capture longer footage for my YouTube channel, as the PS4 is limited to 1 hr.

The only Elgato hardware I have is an Elgato Stream Deck though I have not ventured into video and streaming yet.
    Taxi Driver: The Simulator

#-o
    This is one simulator that I am not enjoying.

#-o

That music sounds like it would grow very tiresome very quickly.

I played SCS Software's Bus Driver years ago. It was pretty good. They also make truck simulators.

---

Any PUBG Battlegrounds players 'round these parts?
    mattjoes wrote: »

#-o

I played SCS Software's Bus Driver years ago. It was pretty good. They also make truck simulators.

---

The other sims that i've played (Farming Simulator, Train Sim World, Train Sim World 2, Bus Simulator and Car Mechanic Simulator), i've enjoyed. But Taxi Driver: The Simulator is awful. I thought that I might wring some more uploads out of it for my channel, but it is so badly made, i don't know if I want to play it again.

I have never played PUBG, I have played Battle Royale in other games (not Fortnite), but could never... get into it.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,102
    I have resumed Halo Infinite on my Xbox One X remotely on my PC. Remote play is pun intended Infinitely better on my new PC, you got to love modern tech. I am enjoying Infinite more than I did Halo 5 as things stand.

#-o

---

The other sims that i've played (Farming Simulator, Train Sim World, Train Sim World 2, Bus Simulator and Car Mechanic Simulator), i've enjoyed. But Taxi Driver: The Simulator is awful. I thought that I might wring some more uploads out of it for my channel, but it is so badly made, i don't know if I want to play it again.

I have never played PUBG, I have played Battle Royale in other games (not Fortnite), but could never... get into it.

I bought PUBG day one and not played it since, I have a bad habit of buying games I never bother with.

---
    I have noticed since I started gaming on my PC or remote gaming on my PC I play for hours. Strangely I lost interest in gaming when on my 4K TV and enjoy gaming much more on my 24 inch curved monitors (I have 2 connected to my PC). Do others prefer gaming on the smaller screen's.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,882
    I have resumed Halo Infinite on my Xbox One X remotely on my PC. Remote play is pun intended Infinitely better on my new PC, you got to love modern tech. I am enjoying Infinite more than I did Halo 5 as things stand.

#-o

---

I bought PUBG day one and not played it since, I have a bad habit of buying games I never bother with.

---
    I have noticed since I started gaming on my PC or remote gaming on my PC I play for hours. Strangely I lost interest in gaming when on my 4K TV and enjoy gaming much more on my 24 inch curved monitors (I have 2 connected to my PC). Do others prefer gaming on the smaller screen's.

Like someone else said, I think it was on this forum, the only reason I managed to survive as long as I did in H1Z1, was because I was hiding / stealthing my way around the map. Only to be killed by someone bouncing about like you see in COD.

#-o

---

---

Like someone else said, I think it was on this forum, the only reason I managed to survive as long as I did in H1Z1, was because I was hiding / stealthing my way around the map. Only to be killed by someone bouncing about like you see in COD.

On open world games and this has happened on GTA5 many times in the past, when I have been online I get teamed up on by multiple users its like there are hit squads lol Hence i rarely bother with open world games that involve trying to survive.

#-o

---

---

On open world games and this has happened on GTA5 many times in the past, when I have been online I get teamed up on by multiple users its like there are hit squads lol Hence i rarely bother with open world games that involve trying to survive.

GTA5 is horrendous when it comes to griefers. You can tell who the real bad apples are, as they fly around on those Oppressors. Though there is a trick on the PS4 (I don't know if it can be done on the PS5), where by altering the PS4s settings, you force the game into putting you into a lobby with only a handful of players at most. When I did this trick, I used to be put into lobbies with 3 - 4 other players, and never got griefed. It made doing missions for my businesses so so much easier, without the threat of being blown up right next to the objective marker.

I gave up on GTA5, due to the grind for earning money. It became obvious that the devs wanted players to keep buying shark cards. I never did get around to buying the Stromberg,
    Yeah I've avoided GTA:O for years because of that. I don't have the time to sink into griefers and trolls online anymore. I've had a few instances where I wanted to check out the GTA V PS5 upgrade but it's just not worth it when I'd be fully avoiding the most active part of the whole experience.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @MajorDSmythe GTA’s next big expansion, out tomorrow, allows you to officially do business missions in a private lobby, so can in effect do them solo. Theyre still mega grindy but at least you wont get griefed transporting goods youve spent an hour collecting.
    Mallory wrote: »
    @MajorDSmythe GTA’s next big expansion, out tomorrow, allows you to officially do business missions in a private lobby, so can in effect do them solo. Theyre still mega grindy but at least you wont get griefed transporting goods youve spent an hour collecting.

It's nice to see them finally implement proper private lobbies, only took them almost a decade to do.
    Mallory wrote: »

Really? Hhmm.. ok, I might dip my toe back in and see.
    Just bought Wolfenstein:The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood I recently played one from the series I forget which on Game Pass. these two were in a bundle together going cheap.

I played the series years ago before my gaming hiatus.

Edited: Playing Wolfenstein:The New Order the intro is a bit mad, I read that this is a highly rated game, this is a lot of fun.

I was a big fan of the original Medal of Honour games on the early Playstation's, games set in this era are usually very good.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,882
    Medal Of Honour... now there's a name I don't hear so much of anymore. The opening of MOH: Frontline is one of the greatest video game moments of all time. The sheer.... confusion and pandemonium of it. It's one of those moments that has stayed with me.
    Medal Of Honour... now there's a name I don't hear so much of anymore. The opening of MOH: Frontline is one of the greatest video game moments of all time. The sheer.... confusion and pandemonium of it. It's one of those moments that has stayed with me.

I downloaded Medal of Honor Airborne to my PC the other day, I can't remember if I had Frontline, was that set in more modern times? I remember one of the Medal of Honor games that tried to replicate Call of Duty though I can not remember the subtitle.