The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Liverpool take lead
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    City stop Liverpool from winning the Quadruple thank god.
    Whoa! Had to take a break from the screen after those matches ended. What a thriller we got!
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Was intense I kept switching between games, City scored there 3 goal comeback in five minutes.
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    When Coutinho put Villa 2-0 up, I thought City had thrown it away. But those three goals in as many minutes won them the title. What an end to the season.

When Coutinho put Villa 2-0 up, I thought City had thrown it away. But those three goals in as many minutes won them the title. What an end to the season.

I feared the worst with Pep's defencive starting line up, thankfully Gundogan sub was inspired. If Liverpool had equalled United titles I would have lost it lol
    Was intense I kept switching between games, City scored there 3 goal comeback in five minutes.

Only followed the Arsenal game myself, but managed to catch the last few minutes of the City game, and all the people storming the pitch after the match.
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,102
    End of season review...

:))

Only followed the Arsenal game myself, but managed to catch the last few minutes of the City game, and all the people storming the pitch after the match.

• edited May 2022 Posts: 17,241
    And that's it, the 2021/22 FPL season is over! It's been quite a ride, with unexpected postponements making the season even more challenging. The double gameweeks were also a major factor in how we set up our teams, and many teams had their best gameweek scores in these rounds of fixtures. There's a lot to cover, so let's start with our final gameweek winner:

Gameweek 38 was always bound to be a tricky gameweek, where we had to expect a few surprise benchings and results. Who would have though that City would concede twice against Aston Villa in such a decisive game? The additional challenge of the final gameweek of the season didn't stop our league picking up some very good gameweek scores – best of which was Kicked in Dias' 90 points, and a gameweek rank of 120 942. Congratulations! =D>

hKsY6cv.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �
    GW 32: FC Nostromo
    GW 33: Incredible XI
    GW 34: Team Extreme
    GW 35: on the throne
    GW 36: Red Warriors
    GW 37: Red Warriors
    GW 38: Kicked in Dias

We already knew our overall winner weeks ahead of gameweek 38, but a big congratulation is due to FC Nostromo, finishing the season with an overall rank of 15 037 (!), and a 206th spot in Canada. Congratulations! ^:)^

dtFWmJX.png

And here's how our league finished the season:
    1. FC Nostromo – 2609 pts
    2. Dinamo Skruknott – 2511 pts
    3. Kicked in Dias – 2342 pts
    4. Charlton Pathetic – 2318 pts
    5. Team Extreme – 2317 pts
    6. CSAC – 2269 pts
    7. MEJICO POWA – 2218 pts
    8. Incredible XI – 2198 pts
    9. Liverpool Richmond – 2143 pts
    10. Thun-De Bruyne – 2111 pts
    11. � – 2107 pts
    12. LVLA Skopje 05 – 2085 pts
    13. Red Warriors – 2063 pts
    14. Tamsjoint Utd – 2059 pts
    15. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ? – 2043 pts
    16. on the throne – 2038 pts
    17. Bad gang XI – 2025 pts
    18. ThinkHeGotThe3Points – 2016 pts
    19. Cremonese-Killen – 1999 pts
    20. Anfield FC – 1971 pts
    21. أبو كاتم 1940pts
    22. Benny's Blue – 1921 pts
    23. 91 BlueCapitol – 1918 pts
    24. The Best – 1904 pts
    25. Lucky Ducks – 1768 pts
    26. GoldyThe Ref – 1735 pts
    27. CFC – 1636 pts
    28. United Team – 1407 pts

I really hope everyone have enjoyed playing FPL this season, and are motivated and ready for another season with FPL in August! I will be updating this thread sporadically through the summer, giving a heads up when the game is live again, and updates on news and other important stuff. Enjoy your summer everyone!
    End of season review...

Hahaha, good one! :))

Good thing clubs are doing their part after the pitch invasions. Several ugly scenes in recent weeks.
    Congratulations GW winner Kicked in Dias

Congratulations overall winner FC Nostromo.
    170711_remax_canadaday_dribbble_jm.gif

End of season review...

Good thing clubs are doing their part after the pitch invasions. Several ugly scenes in recent weeks.

At the moment it seems fans think they have free licence to do whatever they want, fines and bans need to be implememeted on fans and clubs to deter it getting worse and people genuinely getting hurt.
    End of season review...

At the moment it seems fans think they have free licence to do whatever they want, fines and bans need to be implememeted on fans and clubs to deter it getting worse and people genuinely getting hurt.

Indeed. People running on the pitch celebrating isn't necessarily a bad thing, but certainly a pain in the ass for security. And the way we've seen fans act when storming the pitch, attacking players and breaking goals, is several steps too far in the wrong direction.
    FPL 2022 Winner...
    FPL 2022 Winner...

Cool! I definitely need to watch this. :-)
    FPL 2022 Winner...

I have watched a bit though will watch the rest later, I need some good tips on winning 😂
    FPL 2022 Winner...

I have watched a bit though will watch the rest later, I need some good tips on winning 😂

I really like to watch these kinds of videos (yet to watch this specific one though). Often you'll see successful FPL managers giving similar-ish advices, like not chasing points, not taking to many hits etc. But it's only a good thing to get confirmation that these advices actually works.
    edited June 2022 Posts: 23,102
    FPL 2022 Winner...

I really like to watch these kinds of videos (yet to watch this specific one though). Often you'll see successful FPL managers giving similar-ish advices, like not chasing points, not taking to many hits etc. But it's only a good thing to get confirmation that these advices actually works.

Been glued to the Jubilee weekend events, I will definitely watch this later when my hangover subsides 😂 I know one of my failings in FPL is not being patient enough and selling players based on a emotional reaction and not thinking it through enough.
    FPL 2022 Winner...

Been glued to the Jubilee weekend events, I will definitely watch this later when my hangover subsides 😂 I know one of my failings in FPL is not being patient enough and selling players based on a emotional reaction and not thinking it through enough.

Haha! Watching FPL content is a good way to deal with a hangover, IMO!

Being impatient is probably one of the easiest mistakes to make in FPL, and I too fall for it every season. Take Son for example; I brought him in in the later half of the season, he didn't deliver and I got rid – and then he started to deliver huge scores more or less every single gameweek until the end of the season!
    FPL 2022 Winner...

Being impatient is probably one of the easiest mistakes to make in FPL, and I too fall for it every season. Take Son for example; I brought him in in the later half of the season, he didn't deliver and I got rid – and then he started to deliver huge scores more or less every single gameweek until the end of the season!

Selling Son and Kane easily my worst mistake last season it totally messed up my final run in.
    FPL 2022 Winner...

Selling Son and Kane easily my worst mistake last season it totally messed up my final run in.

Same here. I think my overall rank could easily have been 30-40k higher up had I kept Son…
    Perisic if cheap maybe a good option his stats are generally good, though with Spurs will definitely be rotated. If cheap a good bench option perhaps.
    Opening day fixtures...

Time to start thinking of early FPL draft teams already 😂
    Perisic if cheap maybe a good option his stats are generally good, though with Spurs will definitely be rotated. If cheap a good bench option perhaps.

Imagine being a well known name in the world of football will give his FPL price tag an additional 0.5-1.0 increase. Could be a good option even so!

Looking at those opening fixtures, Liverpool and Spurs stand out (Salah captain?) – and City is always a team to target.

Imagine being a well known name in the world of football will give his FPL price tag an additional 0.5-1.0 increase. Could be a good option even so!

Looking at those opening fixtures, Liverpool and Spurs stand out (Salah captain?) – and City is always a team to target.

One thing is for certain early days I will go Template and not try to be clever with my squad like last year.

One thing is for certain early days I will go Template and not try to be clever with my squad like last year.

Same here. I just won't risk taking any gambles early on. The template teams aren't just set up for one gameweek either, but for several gameweeks ahead – which makes it easier to navigate those early fixtures.

Same here. I just won't risk taking any gambles early on. The template teams aren't just set up for one gameweek either, but for several gameweeks ahead – which makes it easier to navigate those early fixtures.

Early on you have to stick with the pack, I made the mistake of forgetting that there is 38 games and things can change. Early last season I chopped and changed my team and took Hits like confetti at one point. it was only after Christmas I had a good run of GW's.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 17,241

Early on you have to stick with the pack, I made the mistake of forgetting that there is 38 games and things can change. Early last season I chopped and changed my team and took Hits like confetti at one point. it was only after Christmas I had a good run of GW's.

There's always a case for going different; if you have a gut feeling for a player or a team you might get a jump start if things go well. I don't trust my own gut feeling enough to go very different from the start. If the pack load up on Liverpool players for example, it could backfire massively not to do the same. And we don't have to look further than 2-4 gameweek until we see certain trends; people might shift formation or target particular players – either because of form or upcoming fixtures. It's much easier to go different when trends or fixtures change.

There's always a case for going different; if you have a gut feeling for a player or a team you might get a jump start if things go well. I don't trust my own gut feeling enough to go very different from the start. If the pack load up on Liverpool players for example, it could backfire massively not to do the same. And we don't have to look further than 2-4 gameweek until we see certain trends; people might shift formation or target particular players – either because of form or upcoming fixtures. It's much easier to go different when trends or fixtures change.

I think I could probably name 8 players I will likely have in my team already mostly City and Liverpool and Spurs.