Over 10 years John Thaw passed away.

edited March 2015 in General Discussion Posts: 820
We remember Late John Thaw in every role he played. His famous one was The Sweeney with Minder/New Tricks star Dennis Waterman. Later his 2 roles a lawyer as Kavanagh QC & his other police Detective role Inspector Morse with was both tele movie. His assistance detective was Kevin Whately as Sergeant Lewis. The series came on after Inspector Morse finished as the character dies as well. Kevin Whately now contuine with his character titled Lewis, Laurence Fox as his assistance Sergeant Hathaway & Now Lewis is a Detective Inspector. Also The Sweeney movie version already filmed. Which he not here to see. Do you wish he was alive today. Well me maybe but he was great actor.

Comments

Great actor! Brilliant shows! Much respect!
    ITV did recently give us a one of show named "Endavour", about how a young DC came to be stationed in Oxford.
    It was full of those signally things towards the mother show.
    Well worth a watch if you like Morse & Lewis.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2039333/

I would not mind this as a new series.
  • Gosh, yes, 'Endeavour' was superb. A tee-total Morse to begin with! Some wonderful tips of the hat to the original, and even a lump in the throat glimpse of the man himself at one point.

Love 'Lewis' too. Always classy.
    Gosh, yes, 'Endeavour' was superb. A tee-total Morse to begin with! Some wonderful tips of the hat to the original, and even a lump in the throat glimpse of the man himself at one point.

Love 'Lewis' too. Always classy.

Yes it my Shore it already in our Tv screen. Endeavour his first name. Going back where began. Although it the 60's look so it give good memories. At the we know remember Sean Connery was James Bond & Roger Moore as Simon Templer. I have recorded but I haven't seen yet. It will be great to about the most favourite Detective.
    The Sweeney is TV gold. RIP.
    The first series of 4 has just finished and the ywere great fun, a 2nd series is ordered.
    The Sweeney is TV gold. RIP.

It is indeed one of ITV's many gems. RIP, John.

• edited March 2015 Posts: 820
    I change that because it over 10 years. Now you write what ever you remember John Thaw or anything if he was alive today. You can always wish he was alive today.
    Yesterday in Facebook still remembering John Thaw passing away he still missed. I miss him too.
    I like that John’s Home To Roost co-star always remembers him.
    @vzok isn't the Guy who he with didn't he play Charlie Scott in Thief Takers. The Sweeney makers produce that cop series. He was no Jack Regan
    Agent7F wrote: »
    @vzok isn't the Guy who he with didn't he play Charlie Scott in Thief Takers. The Sweeney makers produce that cop series. He was no Jack Regan

He was in Thief Takers, but I don’t think I watched it. Hard to match The Sweeney.
    20 years ago today he been gone. We all miss him. Sir John Thaw that never was
    Agent7F wrote: »
    20 years ago today he been gone. We all miss him. Sir John Thaw that never was

My goodness has it been that long? I remember it being on the news. Fantastic actor.
    Now his Sweeney Co-star Dennis Waterman who continued From The Sweeney to Minder has passed away this he was in 70's. So both have reunited in heaven