The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This GW has been a disaster so far six players did not feature at all or start.

Ouch! Only Maddison so far for me, but I did expect he would miss one game.
    Congratulations On The Throne.

---

I have made one transfer so far, a player who was injured and only had one game. I am waiting on White to see if he will play if not I will replace him and Ronny for a hit. I am going to have to stick with my Chelsea players.
    Made another two transfers so all but one player in my team have Double GW's. I feel this is make or break time as to whether I can get below 300K. I almost took a - 8 though I may just be throwing points away.

Edited: I did the - 8 all of my players have Double GW's.

A -8 might seem like a gamble on paper, but fielding 11 double gameweek players can make a huge difference on the gameweek- and overall rank!

Hopefully having 15 double GW players will bail me out in the end. If I was in a higher rank right now I would be losing the plot the way this GW is going, I was expecting a huge haul :))

Looking on Twitter, it looks like a lot of people have low scores despite having very good double gameweek teams. Many of them have covered the right teams as well, but have missed out on the players that returned. Many games to go still though!

I am just looking forward to preseason now, it's surreal United only have one game left of this terrible season. I can't wait for the new Ten Hag era and see which new players we buy and we have some good youth players that will get a chance.

Looking forward to FPL in August I am ready for the new season, I think after the Euro's I was a bit burnt out from Fantasy Football, though I have got my enthusiasm back now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 17,241
    This GW has been a disaster so far six players did not feature at all or start.

Ouch! Only Maddison so far for me, but I did expect he would miss one game.
    Congratulations On The Throne.

---

I have made one transfer so far, a player who was injured and only had one game. I am waiting on White to see if he will play if not I will replace him and Ronny for a hit. I am going to have to stick with my Chelsea players.
    Made another two transfers so all but one player in my team have Double GW's. I feel this is make or break time as to whether I can get below 300K. I almost took a - 8 though I may just be throwing points away.

Edited: I did the - 8 all of my players have Double GW's.

A -8 might seem like a gamble on paper, but fielding 11 double gameweek players can make a huge difference on the gameweek- and overall rank!

Hopefully having 15 double GW players will bail me out in the end. If I was in a higher rank right now I would be losing the plot the way this GW is going, I was expecting a huge haul :))

Looking on Twitter, it looks like a lot of people have low scores despite having very good double gameweek teams. Many of them have covered the right teams as well, but have missed out on the players that returned. Many games to go still though!

I am just looking forward to preseason now, it's surreal United only have one game left of this terrible season. I can't wait for the new Ten Hag era and see which new players we buy and we have some good youth players that will get a chance.

Looking forward to FPL in August I am ready for the new season, I think after the Euro's I was a bit burnt out from Fantasy Football, though I have got my enthusiasm back now.

Same here. Not confident Arsenal will finish this season on a high, so I'm curious how the transfer window will turn out, and how the shape of the team will look like by the start of next season. United's summer will no doubt be just as interesting!

I think a lot of FPL managers feel ready for a break now. Navigating through this season has been really challenging – probably more so than last season.

Hilarious! :))
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,102
    I am very disappointed with my score this week considering its a bench boost, so many of my players no showed Gr.

KDB owners will be very happy with that haul crikey.

If it were not do late in the season I would be selling Salah.

One thing I have learned this season is that prioritising Double GW players backfires more often than not, me keeping Coutinho for so long was a total waste of time and points.
    I am very disappointed with my score this week considering its a bench boost, so many of my players no showed Gr.

KDB owners will be very happy with that haul crikey.

If it were not do late in the season I would be selling Salah.

One thing I have learned this season is that prioritising Double GW players backfires more often than not, me keeping Coutinho for so long was a total waste of time and points.

From what I've seen on Twitter, it looks like this was a very hit and miss kind of gameweek. I've seen really low scores, and scores upwards to 200 points!

A lot of De Bruyne owners captained him as well. Could have been a season defining captaincy for all of them. As for Salah, I won't be selling either, but I'm playing my last Free Hit this gameweek, and Salah might not make the team…

It's really easy to forget single gameweek players, as we're just focusing on the potential upside owning the double gameweek players. Those that stuck with Son for example, have gained a lot of points in recent gameweeks!
    Gameweek 36 is over, and in no other gameweeks this season have we seen such points swings! There have been really good teams on paper that have struggled and other teams hitting new highs. Our league is no different, with several teams scoring over 100 points. Our gameweek 36 winner scored an impressive 154 points playing the Bench Boost, finishing the gameweek with an overall gameweek rank of 106 663. Congratulations to Red Warriors! =D>

VBHc6zz.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �
    GW 32: FC Nostromo
    GW 33: Incredible XI
    GW 34: Team Extreme
    GW 35: on the throne
    GW 36: Red Warriors
    _________

Remember gameweek 37 isn't until tomorrow, but also very early: 10:30 UK time!
    Congratulations Red Warriors.

---

Yeah me selling son and Kane a month ago was a huge misytake on my pary @Torgeirtrap. I have only made one sub for tomorrow so far I will likely take a hit before the deadline.

Apparantly there was a major fight between two United players during training it just gets worse, thankfully they are not playing this week. Our dressing room sounds worse than its ever been.

---

Yeah me selling son and Kane a month ago was a huge misytake on my pary @Torgeirtrap. I have only made one sub for tomorrow so far I will likely take a hit before the deadline.

Apparantly there was a major fight between two United players during training it just gets worse, thankfully they are not playing this week. Our dressing room sounds worse than its ever been.

Same here! Sold Son too, and he's been on fire ever since…

Oh really? That sure doesn't sound good. Also not good that the news about this reaches the media. Any news about who got into a fight with each other?
    Here are the gameweek 37 captaincy picks!
    Richarlison: 6
    Salah: 4
    Son: 4
    Kane: 2
    Saka: 2
    Vardy: 1
    Grealish: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Ings: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Nketiah: 1
    Cash: 1
    Luis Díaz: 1
    Mykolenko: 1

We're heading into the penultimate gameweek of the 2021/22 season, and a lot of managers will be looking at taking a few chances with their captaincy picks, since gameweek 37 is a double gameweek as well. It's therefore no surprise to see a very varied captaincy list this time around, with 15 different captains in our league! Richarlison is the most captained player, playing a double gameweek against Brentford and Crystal Palace. Salah and Son are also popular options, captained by 4 managers each. Good luck everyone!
    I totally forgot about the deadline I meant to sell Salah and get KDB, oh well season almost over.
    I totally forgot about the deadline I meant to sell Salah and get KDB, oh well season almost over.

Ouch, bad luck! You've got Saka coming on if Salah doesn't play though. Arsenal have a must win game against Newcastle tomorrow, and Saka is key to Arsenal's attack.
    City absolutely blew it in the CL unbelievable win by Real Madrid, after last week's 4 - 3 win I thought City may be in danger.

I think my worst fears will be realised and Liverpool will win the Quadruple, City away to West Ham worries me in the league and after the the crushing loss to Real, City are going to find it tough.

This! I knew it :((
    Please please City make a comeback in the second half [-O<
    2 - 1 Grealish goal the fight back is on, Grealish paying something back toward his price tag.
    2-2 now. This game is becoming a lot more exciting than I thought it would be!
    No Europa League for United at this rate.
    A draw still puts City four points ahead, though they can't lose or Liverpool could snatch it.
    Penalty? VAR
    Mahrez misses penalty :-O
    Looks like Leeds are going down, Everton have games in hand so should be safe.
    Leeds late equaliser and go above Burnley.
    City last game is against Villa (Gerrard) away crikey.
    Drama at Everton too, as Branthwaite is sent off. What an exciting day of football this has turned out to be!
    Drama at Everton too, as Branthwaite is sent off. What an exciting day of football this has turned out to be!

It compensates for my abysmal GW 😂

It compensates for my abysmal GW 😂

Haha! Decent start for me, but still a lot of games to be played.
    Here we are, the final gameweek of the season, and what a ride it's been. And the league title isn't even secured yet, either! Our FPL league title is decided already of course, with FC Nostromo well clear of the rest of us. But we'll get to that once this gameweek is over.

Now, gameweek 37 was the last double gameweek of the season, and it was a potential huge upside for those able to target the right teams and players for this round of fixtures. Owning the likes of Richarlison or Vardy for example, really paid off. There was a huge gap in points in our league, which was expected given how people's teams were set up, and whether the teams had any chips left to play or not. The gap in points were made very obvious with our gameweek 37 winner, Red Warriors – scoring an impressive 116 points playing the Triple Captain on Richarlison, who of course scored in both of his games (as well as picking up an assist and 4 bonus points). Congratulations! =D>

Go8s82V.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �
    GW 32: FC Nostromo
    GW 33: Incredible XI
    GW 34: Team Extreme
    GW 35: on the throne
    GW 36: Red Warriors
    GW 37: Red Warriors
    ________

Remember the last gameweek deadline of the season today at 14:30 UK time!
    ---
    I have only made the one transfer, I have checked out a bit though hyping myself up to watch the City and Liverpool games today. At this point I think plsyers will be rested in most teams so bringing someone in now is probably pointless. The last few weeks killed any chance of a 200'000 finish. I am without looking prob around 500'000 now 😂
    Just took a hit, I heard something on talksport yesterday which suggested a particular player maybe very motivated today so decided to bring them in.
    Interesting! Haven't heard anything like that myself, so I'm likely to make a planned transfer + maybe a hit to get a better starting eleven. Still chasing in my money league though, so it's a risky move taking a hit before the final gameweek of the season…
    Interesting! Haven't heard anything like that myself, so I'm likely to make a planned transfer + maybe a hit to get a better starting eleven. Still chasing in my money league though, so it's a risky move taking a hit before the final gameweek of the season…

Leeds were very scathing of Brentford a few seasons ago and some players have not forgot, I think Brentford will be extremely motivated to send down Leeds today.