The Cornetto Trilogy : Rank the 3 films

For me it’s :
1. Hot Fuzz
2. Shaun of the Dead
3. The Worlds End

But all 3 are brilliant,and if you add Dalton,Brosnan and the Pikelet into the mix it makes them even better .... you ?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I was having this disucssion with my brother and his girlriend the other, I think they rank in the order we got them. Although all three, especially the first two are brilliant :)

1. Shaun of the Dead
    2. Hot Fuzz
    3. The World's End
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 698
    1. Shaun of the Dead (10/10)
    2. Hot Fuzz (10/10)
    3. The World's End (6/10)

I love the first two, some of my favorite movies of all time! The World's End isn't bad, it's just really disappointing. I've only watched it once though, so maybe it'll get better on a second viewing.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Hot Fuzz is my clear favourite of the bunch here:

1. Hot Fuzz (10/10)
    2. Shaun of the Dead (7/10)
    3. The World’s End (6/10)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    THE WORLD'S END
    SHAUN OF THE DEAD
    HOT FUZZ

All equally enjoyable to me. Could easily shuffle around depending on my mood.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,378
    I love Shaun and Hot Fuzz. Strangely, World's End was NOT a big enjoyment for me. I was never in the mood to watch itagain compared to the first two.
    For me it’s:
    1. Hot Fuzz
    2. Shaun of the Dead
    3. The Worlds End

I really enjoy them all, and Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz in particular. I've always though of the latter as a sort of Midsomer Murders gone crazy, and I find that hilarious!
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    1. Shaun of the Dead (10/10)
    2. Hot Fuzz (10/10)
    3. The World's End (6/10)

I love the first two, some of my favorite movies of all time! The World's End isn't bad, it's just really disappointing. I've only watched it once though, so maybe it'll get better on a second viewing.

I thought exactly the same thing after the first viewing but the second improved it immensely,I just think it’s the ending that lets it down compared to the other two films.
  • RC7RC7
    I think The World’s End is absolutely amazing. However, there’s probably a level of bias from a man who adores the soundtrack and is a big fan of British pubs.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,043
    1. Hot Fuzz
    2. Shaun Of The Dead

3. World's End

I don't hate WE but it falls off compared to the other, I love HF & SOTD, WE just didn't feel it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    1. Hot Fuzz
    2. World's End, I watched this again a couple of nights ago, it gets number two spot for nostalgia reasons. Its basically what we did in my late teens and upto mid twenties, though there were more bright lights and Aliens.
    3. Shaun of the Dead
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I am generally not a fan but I guess @barryt007 's ranking would be mine as well.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837
    barryt007 wrote: »
    For me it’s :
    1. Hot Fuzz
    2. Shaun of the Dead
    3. The Worlds End

But all 3 are brilliant,and if you add Dalton,Brosnan and the Pikelet into the mix it makes them even better .... you ?

I'd probably say the same as you, but on another day I might've said Shaun of the Dead was the best. I have a hard time choosing between the two of them.

The World's End I wouldn't put on the same level but I don't think it was disappointing. I think it falls off slightly (very slightly) towards the end as there just weren't enough jokes imo, think it got too wrapped up in the plot, and the guy playing Pete just didn't fit for me. While the first two fired on all cylinders right to the very last minute and had pitch perfect casts. But I still think it's a great film and a worthy end to the trilogy. Deserves credit I think for flipping the Pegg/Frost dynamic round and has a brilliant point to make about the death of proper British pubs as large chains snap them up.

I'd say the first two are both 10/10 films while The World's End is a 9.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Just resurrecting this thread to share an absolutely delightful Hot Fuzz bloopers video, containing Timothy Dalton dropping several f-bombs rather hilariously at the 7-minute mark :D

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I recently rewatched the trilogy and I think my ranking of the final two changes every time, but:

1. Shaun of the Dead
    2. The World's End
    3. Hot Fuzz
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,105
    My current Ranking is...
    Hot Fuzz
    The World's End
    Shaun of the Dead

The World's End reminds me so much of my youth so it is just ahead of Shaun of the Dead.

Did anyone watch the TV show Spaced?

By Edger Wright and Simon Peg.