Bond in museums

Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
edited May 2022 in Merchandise Posts: 3,099
Here's a little list I've been working on of Bond items on display in museums. Some of these I went looking for and some I stumbled on by chance. It's a bit southern-England-centric so please add any you've found!

Information correct at time of going to press, use at your own risk, etc.

The Hovercraft Museum, Lee-on-Solent:
Hovercraft from DAD

Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk:
Tank from GE (displayed at the gate)

National Motor Museum, Beaulieu, New Forest:
Bentley 4.5 Litre Supercharged, as owned by Bond in the novels
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Corgi model Bond cars
(NB: Beaulieu was the home of Bond in Motion before it went to London)

Royal Armouries, Leeds:
Display case of gun types used in the novels and films

St Margaret's Museum, St Margarets-at-Cliffe, nr Dover:
Small display about Ian Fleming (who had a holiday home here) and Noel Coward (who sold it to him)

Wings Museum, Balcombe, Sussex:
Douglas DC-3 cockpit used in Quantum of Solace

Shuttleworth Collection, Bedfordshire:
Little Nellie (the one flown by Ken Wallis; the version at Bond in Motion is the one Sean Connery sat in)

The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent:
Model sub from TND (the Ropewalk also appears in the Thames boat chase scene)

Luchtvaartmuseum Aviodrome, Lelystad, Netherlands:
Beechcraft Twin Beech from OP

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Cool idea!

Not a museeum but the Back Factory (which is a german fastfood chain), right next to Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin has the Mini Jet from OP on Display, plus some pictures from the shoot of OP.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I was sent here by CommanderRoss:

Is there anything Bond-related to see at the British Motor Museum (Coventry/Warwick)? I'll be heading there soon.

And what about the Aston Martin factory next door? Do they have a museum or do they offer a tour?
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Ha, I've just seen his comment too! That's not one I've visited, so you'll have to report back here.

I'm afraid I can't tell you about the factory either. There's an Aston museum in Oxfordshire but it's pretty small, I think; I happened to pass a sign for it and looked it up when I got home: https://www.amht.org.uk/the-museum
    00Agent wrote: »
    Cool idea!

Not a museeum but the Back Factory (which is a german fastfood chain), right next to Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin has the Mini Jet from OP on Display, plus some pictures from the shoot of OP.

Some years ago, I and some classmates ate there when we were on a class trip to Berlin. Didn't know about the OP memorabilia they have on display beforehand, so it was a very cool surprise!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Updated the list to include the Aviodrome aviation museum in the Netherlands, home of Kamal Khan's Twin Beech :)

FRrrQzcWQAEKmF0.jpg