Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Finished Subnautica: Below Zero, this evening. Fairly straightforward, for the most part. Though there were some vague directions (finding Margurite's Greenhouse).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Sniper Elite III
    Having completed the game on Cadet (Easy) and Marksman (Normal), I am now on my Sniper Elite (Hard) play through. This is where the challenge starts to come in, bullet ballistics are more in effect, and the enemy cause more damage. I completed the 'Siwa Oasis' mission, bagging the 'I Siwa You Did There' trophy, for killing the officer and making his death look like an accident.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Elden Ring

Nearly 100 hours in, this is easily the greatest game I've played since The Witcher 3 and Skyrim and one of the finest RPGs of all time. Getting into end game territory, so my OCD is acting up with all the places to go and missable trophies to collect, but taking things one set at a time and looking forward to nabbing this Platinum eventually.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Far Cry 3.

Still the best in the series IMO. While the newer installments are sleeker with more to do and attention to detail, this one is what sets those in motion. The plotline still gets you sucked in.
    edited March 2022 Posts: 40,368
    Far Cry 3.

Still the best in the series IMO. While the newer installments are sleeker with more to do and attention to detail, this one is what sets those in motion. The plotline still gets you sucked in.

Agreed. The series has gone way downhill since its release and is desperately in need of a shakeup similar to what FC3 offered, at least. FC6 was the most generic, repetitive game I've played in a very long time.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Far Cry 3.

Agreed. The series has gone way downhill since its release and is desperately in need of a shakeup similar to what FC3 offered, at least. FC6 was the most generic, repetitive game I've played in a very long time.

Yet I still found FC 6 addicting and playable. I have yet to finish it because I became stuck on a level and really haven't gone back and I think I'm very close to finishing the campaign. However I do see why many have issues with it. There are many moments where it all becomes repetitive. I've bought them all from FC3 to 6 with the exception of Primal. They're easy to rank.

FC3
    FC4
    FC6
    FC5
    FC New Dawn
    Far Cry 3.

Yet I still found FC 6 addicting and playable. I have yet to finish it because I became stuck on a level and really haven't gone back and I think I'm very close to finishing the campaign. However I do see why many have issues with it. There are many moments where it all becomes repetitive. I've bought them all from FC3 to 6 with the exception of Primal. They're easy to rank.

FC3
    FC4
    FC6
    FC5
    FC New Dawn

I never finished it either, mostly through a combination of boredom and other games releasing that I was more interested in playing (though after seeing the debacle that was the GTA Definitive Edition release, I wish I would've stuck with it instead).
    edited March 2022 Posts: 13,882
    I haven't played any of the Far Cry games since FC4. I guess I just lost interest during FC4. In fact, I don't think that I finished it. One of the few games that I quit before the end.

1. Far Cry
    2. Far Cry 3
    3. Far Cry 2
    4. Far Cry 4

The original is still my favourite (and one of the few PC that i've played). Though the difficulty spike at the end was brutal, even on the no0bie setting. Think along the lines of the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. goons having one-shot-kills guns in the Volcano base in GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.
    Still playing Arkham knight and can't pre order Gotham knights yet which annoys me
  • I've enjoyed the Far Cry games but I admit I haven't finished a single one.. They are usually heavily discounted on the Xbox store!
    I've enjoyed the Far Cry games but I admit I haven't finished a single one.. They are usually heavily discounted on the Xbox store!

On the PS store too! I picked up Far Cry Primal for under $10 around Christmas several years ago and had a blast with it. I think it's easier to swallow bugs, glitches and general issues when I've paid so little for a game.
    I've enjoyed the Far Cry games but I admit I haven't finished a single one.. They are usually heavily discounted on the Xbox store!

On the PS store too! I picked up Far Cry Primal for under $10 around Christmas several years ago and had a blast with it. I think it's easier to swallow bugs, glitches and general issues when I've paid so little for a game.

I picked up 3 for $9 a few weeks back. Those PS Store discounts are nice when they happen

I picked up 3 for $9 a few weeks back. Those PS Store discounts are nice when they happen

They really are. I caved and got that one when the remaster came out a couple years back, after having enjoyed the original when it first released.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,102
    Jedi Fallen Order I had played it previously on Game Pass though canceled my subscription. It was going in cheap in sale so bough it, I dud not get that far so will try to complete it. These days my attention span with games is not what it was so whether I do finish it is debatable.
  • GrilosGrilos London
    edited April 2022 Posts: 1
    Diablo was the first full-fledged game on my computer. The graphic seemed incredible. The Cathedral was terrifying and the victory over the Butcher was something unattainable and mysterious. So this game became one of the favorite franchises. Therefore I decided to play it again last week. Every item and gaming opportunity make a huge impression even now. Moreover, I started to buy items on yesgamers.com. fortunately, my wife understands my gaming hobby xD. I hope I will have a kind of big weekend.
    @MajorDSmythe, I need a new game, I'm eyeing Ghost Warrior Contracts for $15, the sequel for $25, and Yakuza 6 for $5. Any recommendations? I hear Yakuza 6 is one of the easiest for a first time player to get into and Platinum, which is enticing. I'd like to do the first Contracts, as well, I just worry it'll become repetitive or buggy.
    @MajorDSmythe, I need a new game, I'm eyeing Ghost Warrior Contracts for $15, the sequel for $25, and Yakuza 6 for $5. Any recommendations? I hear Yakuza 6 is one of the easiest for a first time player to get into and Platinum, which is enticing. I'd like to do the first Contracts, as well, I just worry it'll become repetitive or buggy.

Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts / Sniper Ghost Warrior: Contracts 2 - I would recommend either. I don't think you would be at a disadvantage by playing them out of order. I don't recall any bugs, unlike the previous games. The Contracts games are also structured differently, more like the modern Hitman games. As Contracts 1 is cheaper, maybe go for that one first.

Yakuza 6 - I would avoid as a first game. Given how it is the end of Kiryu's story, that is spread across previous games (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6). And given how the Yakuza games are heavily story driven, you might be confused over references to past games. I would recommend the prequel, Yakuza 0 first. Then if you like it, go through the series in order from there. This will give you a taste of Yakuza 0:

But don't let the wackyness put you off, the stories are first rate.
    Thanks a ton for the recommendations, Major! I think I'll go with the first Contracts title then and go from there. Part of me wants to wait and check out Sniper Elite 5 alongside you, the graphics look incredible and I can only imagine the sniping elements will be as refined and entertaining as they've ever been.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 13,882
    Both Contracts play the same way, so if you enjoy the first, you'll likely enjoy the second too.

Just over a month until Sniper Elite 5. :D
    Both Contracts play the same way, so if you enjoy the first, you'll likely enjoy the second too.

I saw some gameplay of it on the PS Store yesterday and those graphics are incredible. I just hope there's no shoehorned MP trophies included.

I saw some gameplay of it on the PS Store yesterday and those graphics are incredible. I just hope there's no shoehorned MP trophies included.

Going off past games, multiplayer trophies are guaranteed. The only consolation, is that the majority of trophies are tied to singleplayer/co-op rather than multiplayer (competitive). Using Sniper Elite 4 as an example, I there's only 3 or 4 trophies for multiplayer. One of them is to simply play a round in each multiplayer mode. And another for capturing and controlling an enemy radio in the closing seconds of a match.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Grand Theft Auto V on Playstation 5.

Played it originally on PS3 to completion and then dabbled in the PS4 version. It was £9 for the single player so felt it was a fair price.

The game looks good, though not on the same level as a native PS5 game, runs silky smooth at 4k.

In the 10 years since its original launch, I dont think its open world has been bettered.
    edited April 2022 Posts: 40,368
    Mallory wrote: »
    Grand Theft Auto V on Playstation 5.

Played it originally on PS3 to completion and then dabbled in the PS4 version. It was £9 for the single player so felt it was a fair price.

The game looks good, though not on the same level as a native PS5 game, runs silky smooth at 4k.

In the 10 years since its original launch, I dont think its open world has been bettered.

They can make it as pretty as they want but with a toxic Online and an open world that really doesn't hold much in the way of content, surprisingly, it's always been my least favorite installment to replay in the series. I'm eager to see what they do with the next one, though, as I'm really tired of them milking this one (same goes with Elder Scrolls and the constant re-releases of Skyrim.)
    edited April 2022 Posts: 13,882
    You could tell the idiots on GTA Online, because they were the ones flying around on Oppressors (apt name, considering). Though when I played GTA Online, I used the trick with the PS4 settings. I don't recall the specifics, but it was something to do with turning down setting on the PS4, and not the game itself. When you turned these settings down, and load the up the game, normally it would be 30 players in the lobby, using this trick I only ever saw about 5 players in each lobby. I never saw any griefers then. Very handy trick, and one that gave me no advantage whatsoever over other players, so it wasn't cheating.
  • mozgocheckmozgocheck Canada
    edited May 2022 Posts: 1
    I decided to play Minecraft again two months ago. It made me nostalgic. If you want to feel old, you need to remember that this game was released 12 years ago. However, it is much better in comparison with new games in this genre. I played a single-player mode at first. Now I mostly visit the minecraft servers. Unfortunately, I don’t have much time due to my work schedule. Btw, this game has given me a lot of emotions and new acquaintances. I met my ex-girlfriend on one of the servers. It was a very fun experience.
    mozgocheck wrote: »
    I decided to play Minecraft again two months ago. It made me nostalgic. If you want to feel old, you need to remember that this game was released 12 years ago. However, it is much better in comparison with new games in this genre.

It's a fun game to return to every now and then. I need to send my PS4 world over to the PS5 so I can get back into it.
    Batman: Arkham Knight
    So I jumped back in, after having not played it for weeks. Now I realised why I stopped playing; those moronic Tank Battles. And the "stealth" ones were worse. Whoever came up with the idea for those Tank Battles, I would like to add their name to the list of people, that I would like nothing more than to lock them in a potable toilet, and kick it down Cooper's Hill. I don't know if I will finish it. Even without Tank Battles, it would still be my least favourite of the trilogy.
    So I jumped back in, after having not played it for weeks. Now I realised why I stopped playing; those moronic Tank Battles. And the "stealth" ones were worse. Whoever came up with the idea for those Tank Battles, I would like to add their name to the list of people, that I would like nothing more than to lock them in a potable toilet, and kick it down Cooper's Hill. I don't know if I will finish it. Even without Tank Battles, it would still be my least favourite of the trilogy.

I seemed to loathe most of the vehicle combat in the game, including those annoying ass racing challenges. Combat and exploration is great, though.

I seemed to loathe most of the vehicle combat in the game, including those annoying ass racing challenges. Combat and exploration is great, though.

I just... I don’t know, I just wasn’t enjoying it. I might have another go further down the line, but for the time being, I think I am done with it.

Now I have some space, I can go through the box full of games that I haven’t started, and see what takes my fancy. I don’t want to start anything too intensive like The Witcher 3, especially with Sniper Elite 5 releasing at the end of the month.

I just... I don’t know, I just wasn’t enjoying it. I might have another go further down the line, but for the time being, I think I am done with it.

Now I have some space, I can go through the box full of games that I haven’t started, and see what takes my fancy. I don’t want to start anything too intensive like The Witcher 3, especially with Sniper Elite 5 releasing at the end of the month.

I get that way when certain releases are looming; I want to dive into something new but a game that isn't too much of a time sink or strenuous.