Rank the actors

edited November 2011 in Actors Posts: 23
1) Connery
2) Craig
3) Brosnan
4) Lazenby
5) Dalton
6) Moore

If this has been done already, feel free to say so.

Comments

• CISCIS Suspended
    edited March 2011 Posts: 52
    If we get into dividing the actors by era, shouldn't we split all actors into a respective yearspan? Anyway, here's my general list for now:

1. Connery
    2. Moore
    3. Brosnan
    4. Lazenby
    5. Dalton
    6. Craig

I should note that Craig's acting performance in CR alone outshines most of Dalton, Lazenby, Brosnan and Moore's acting in the series, but I just can't for the life of me accept Craig as the character of James Bond.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 19,339
    It hasnt been done before on here Cuish,this new site has only just started matey !!

1)Moore
    2)Craig
    3)Connery
    4)Brosnan
    5)Dalton
    6)Lazenby
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Here's my list
    1. Connery
    2. Dalton
    3. Moore
    4. Craig
    5. Lazenby
    6. Brosnan
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If I had to, I couldn't.

I would rank Brosnan at the bottom mind. ;-)
    1) Connery
    2) Craig
    3) Brosnan
    4) Moore
    5) Dalton
    6) Lazenby
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    1 - Moore
    2 - Connery
    3 - Dalton
    4 - Lazenby
    5 - Brosnan
    6 - Craig
    And yet still you keep that Craig avatar even though there is a world of choice out there DC007 !! haha
  • CISCIS Suspended
    Quoting barryt007:
    And yet still you keep that Craig avatar even though there is a world of choice out there DC007 !! haha

I've been meaning to ask him that... why does he have an avatar of Craig, and a username with Craig and Dalton, if his two favorite Bond actors are Moore and Connery?!
  • CISCIS Suspended
    -
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 11,189
    1. Connery The classic, definitive Bond who set the standard for the others who followed him on screen. Ruthless, cold, a keen gambler and an avid womaniser. Pretty much all of what James Bond is meant to be.

2. Brosnan: A great, all round interpretation of the character. He effortlessly combines wit, elegance, humanity and danger and refined all the best qualities of those before him. Shows flashes of weakness (cemetery scene in Goldeneye) as well as brutal coldness (executing Electra King), yet all the while keeps Bond cool. Plus he was in the first Bond film I watched and, whilst not quite "the best", has always been a personal favourite of mine.

3. Dalton: Often overlooked but his contribution cannot be ignored as he restored the franchise to serious, more grown-up thrillers. However he arguably lacked the joie de vivre quality the previous two posessed and could have maybe used a bit more humour.

4. Moore: Probably the most amusing 007 to date. Admittedly his lighter, more humorous approach is the furthest removed from the source material; however there is a solid sense of typically English charm present, plus the unmistakeable glint in his eye.

5. Craig: Ditto the points for Dalton. Certainly convinces in the fight scenes and occasionally demonstrates charm. However, looks-wise he is the least Bond-like.

6. Lazenby: By no means as bad as it has been suggested. The final scene of OHMSS remains the most poignant ending in Bond history due to his performance. However he is still undeniably overshadowed by the other actors.

Note: Moore and Dalton sometimes change positions.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    001) Sean Connery
    002) Timothy Dalton
    003) Roger Moore
    004) George Lazenby
    005) Daniel Craig
    006) Pierce Brosnan
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @barryt007

How about this avatar? ;)
  • CISCIS Suspended
    Good list @BAIN123.

I find myself agreeing with most of your explanations and rationalizations. I'd personally switch around Brosnan and Moore as well as Lazenby and Craig, but otherwise I'm in line with all of what you've said.
    Haha yep thats better - now you can slag off Craig until your heart is content !!
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    edited March 2011 Posts: 158
    1) Connery: The perfect blend
    2) Craig: The ruthlessness of literary Bond with the ability to portray enough subtext to make the character interesting.
    3) Moore: The only man who can play Bond in both spectacle and small scale films.
    4) Dalton: Hard edged, ruthless, but lacks the charm.
    5) Lazenby: Grows into the role significantly as OHMSS goes on, but we have no way of knowing if that would continue over subsequent films. Had potential
    6) Brosnan: Pushed the wrong buttons in emotional scenes. TND was his standout performance all around, but it went downhill drastically from there.

All of this is subject to change, of course.
  • 1. Connery
    2. Moore
    3. Craig
    4. Dalton
    5. Brosnan
    6. Lazenby
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Quoting GeneralGogol: 1. Connery

2. Moore

3. Craig

4. Dalton

5. Brosnan

6. Lazenby
    Sounds good to me ;)
    1. Connery
    2. Craig
    3. Dalton
    4. Brosnan
    5. Moore
    6. Lazenby
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,619
    Quoting CIS: I've been meaning to ask him that... why does he have an avatar of Craig, and a username with Craig and Dalton, if his two favorite Bond actors are Moore and Connery?!
    "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." :)
    Well, to this also again...again.

1. Connery
    2. Dalton
    3. Brosnan
    4. Moore
    5. Craig
    6. Lazenby
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    1. Dalton
    2. Connery
    3. Moore
    4. Brosnan
    5. Craig
    6. Lazenby
  • 1. Connery
    2. Dalton
    3. Brosnan
    4. Craig
    5. Moore
    6. Lazenby
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    6. Lazenby
    5. Craig
    4. Moore
    3. Brosnan
    2. Connery
    1. Dalton

Glad to see you have made the jump Major and PKK...
    1 Sean
    2. George
    3. Rog
    4. Pierce
    5. Dalts
    6. blue speedo.
  • Thanks for your contribution Timmer...I was starting to think everyone had lost their minds along with the old site.

1) Lazenby
    2) Connery
    3) Craig
    4) Moore
    5) Dalton

6) Brosnan
  • 1.) Daniel Craig
    2.) Roger Moore
    3.) Timothy Dalton
    4.) Sean Connery
    5.) George Lazenby
    6.) Pierce Brosnan
  • 1)Moore
    2)Dalton
    3)Connery
    4)Craig
    5)Brosnan
    6)Lazenby

Let it be said that I like them all.
    1.) Connery
    2.) Craig
    3.) Brosnan
    4.) Moore
    5.) Lazenby
    6.) Dalton
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,622
    Quoting GeorgeLazenby: Thanks for your contribution Timmer...I was starting to think everyone had lost
    their minds along with the old site.
    Happy to give Lazer a boost. Much madness in many of the preceding posts.Personally I don't get it. 1&2 are no-brainers IMO. There have only been two exceptional Bonds.
    I can fuss with the order of the other 4 but the first two are locked in for eternity.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    1) Connery
    2) Craig
    3) Dalton
    4) Lazenby
    5) Brosnan
    6) Moore

There is a thin line between Connery and Craig and Dalton actually. These three to me have portrayed the more Fleming versions of Bond.