I may just have seen the future of Bond, James Bond

Big_GeeBig_Gee Wales
Has anybody else watched ITV's 6 part adaptation of Len Deighton's 'The Ipcress File'......it is very different to the film which starred Michael Caine but so evocative of the 60's and would be a perfect blueprint for re-booting the series. The script is by John Hodge who nearly wrote No Time to Die until Danny Boyle left the production, the costumes look of the period, it is well directed and staged plus it conjures up just the right tone.

Comments

• SonOfSean2SonOfSean2 United Kingdom
    Any good?
  • SonOfSean2SonOfSean2 United Kingdom
    I too have seen the future of Bond. He's Irish, has piercing blue eyes and and has been rather wonderful in a little show called Peaky Blinders.
    Watching the finale last night, Cillian Murphy is perfection. Absolute 007 perfection. He's an incredible actor (and currently the star of Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer movie). We've heard a lot about Tom Hardy and Henry Cavill, but honestly, Cillian would be my absolute top pick. When I saw Daniel Craig in Layer Cake I thought he'd be the best actor for Bond (honest). I had the same reaction to Cillian Murphy last night.